Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dapliew

Our New Home

U r indeed poisonous..... :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Anyway, the salt n pepper is already in my wish list.... Let's see when I can check out... The rest I KIV first... :sport-smiley-004:

:notti: care & share :dancingqueen: when your items hit the quota, check out lo. :thumbs up:

U into FLAC too... :dribble: My man :good:

I believe my Aktimate Maxi can also stream music. I will need to explore a bit when i'm free. Btw, where did U get your FLAC? I used to rip all my CD into apple format a few years ago and store all in iphone & ipod.

U into internet radio too? I presently had 2 station program into my Maxi and will on them when I'm in the mood for chilling. Share with u. DeepHouseLounge & Deephouse Digital Imported It has nice lounge music and sometime can really get my mood up and feet tapping... :notti:

How is your Sennheiser? I'm looking at a wireless headphone as my wife complained my gaming is too loud and she cant concentrate on her Korean drama :bleah:

Yup, FLAC is good because of its compression. WAV was too huge to manitain in long run for me. :sport-smiley-004: I got my FLACs from *hint hint* sources :notti: If album is good, will buy the disc as well. :thumbs up: I think my NAS can convert my FLAC to various formats playable in my iphone & ipod. Need to check.

Yup, loves internet radio from europe, hooking onto 1.fm chillout lounge :dribble: :dribble: Cant remember the few I frequents, will find and let you know in details.

Sennheiser is good :thumbs up: no doubt about it, even my missus was impressed! Recent model to replace mine was RS 220. **** chio lo :dribble:Sennheiser RS 220 Headphone - Black

41YqxHqF04L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hi,

Do you have the below cable that come with your parrot? I believe the TV should have the 3.5mm stereo output.

You can use that to connect to your speaker.

connect-computer-tv-rca-sound-800x800.jpg

Can be done that way, stereo only. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks lotz for yr help... will go sim lim to walk walk

my pleasure :yamseng:

ongcs, i also saw the laundry hanger from Amazon and also like it from the look but if shipped to Singapore its going to cost me around $100 with shipping cost, so still asking myself do i really want a laudry cart for $100. In the meantime, still considering and looking around.

Yes, that was my concern, as such, I'm holding this back unless it is dirt cheap during Black Friday! :bow: :bow:

dapliew, could u let me know where u get the round dinning table, nowadays are all rectangle for easy placing.

On behalf of dapliew, from Star furniture. :)

Hi, may i know what brand and what material is your kitchen sink? how much is the damgae?

It is Carysil, under Vivaldi series, paid $240, bought @ GR Link@Jalan besar.

my pleasure :yamseng:

Yes, that was my concern, as such, I'm holding this back unless it is dirt cheap during Black Friday! :bow: :bow:

if the Black Friday is here, don forget to let me know. :sport-smiley-004:

I'll most probably ask my wife to bring it back from US since she will be there this month...btw what cables do you use for your satelite and front speakers? Any recommendation and place to buy?

hey bro, what's NAS you getting? I'm looking at Synology but holding back due to other priorities :(

if the Black Friday is here, don forget to let me know. :sport-smiley-004:

starting from 19 Nov :notti:

hey bro, what's NAS you getting? I'm looking at Synology but holding back due to other priorities :(

I'm using 4x of NAS at the moment, 2x of 4 bays & 1x of 5 bays(allows 2x expasion of 5 bays) which I had used 1 expansion at the moment.

ongcs, can you pm me where you buy your onkyo 818? Thanks :)

Alpha Audio @Sim Lim Square. Their services are better than Adelphi unit. If you want to audition 818, got to call them in advance for HT setup.

can share more on how ur lan wiring and networking works?

I am keen on lan ready my new home but wonder how many ports shld i allocate per room. Can i have a single port in a room and get a giga switch to split more ports in that room? :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

can share more on how ur lan wiring and networking works?

I am keen on lan ready my new home but wonder how many ports shld i allocate per room. Can i have a single port in a room and get a giga switch to split more ports in that room? :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

Picture speaks a thousand words, in case it gets a bit lengthly.

84D211A8-08AE-4546-9792-67EE4569B3D7-5976-00000116D250CD56.jpg

This is my final layout for my networking routes. From P1 to P7, linked back to my Server Hub in my study room. All points laid with AMP Cat6 unshielded cables under my flooring & concealed via wall. 3 points in living, 2 points in study & 1 point each in Bd2 & master. At the server hub, installed 1x 12 ports Cat6 patch panel with all 7 points connected. P1 @sever hub will be connected to my gigabit router and further routed to my 1x 16 ports gigabit switch for distribution. P1 also acts as future network access route for Opennet Fibre as my house not ready yet. (Do note that I had installed 2 gang power socket at P1 for modem)

Current: Singnet ADSL/Starhub->P1@living->P1@serverhub->gigabit router->16 ports gigabit switch->Server Hub patch panel(6 points)

Future: Opennet Fibre->P1@living->P1@serverhub->gigabit router->16 ports gigabit switch->Server Hub patch panel(6 points)

Back to 16 ports gigabit switch, remaining ports will be taken by 3 NAS, PS3, media player, Smart TV and hifi console. As such, I'm left with 2 ports as spare.

In the living room, 2 points at tv console area. 1 point directly to my 65" plasma Tv & 1 point to 1x 5 ports gigabit switch hidden in my console. 4 ports distributed to 1) Onkyo AVR, 2) Dune HD Media player 3) Oppo 93 & 4) as spare

As per your qns on how many points? No ans to that as what you want to do with it. Best to go for 2 points always, the more the merrier! :sport-smiley-004:

Yes, you can get a gigabit switch and further distributes the bandwidth.

To close up on why I installed a patch panel, I can utilises it as telephone access points in future with 5 spare ports in hand. :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

Picture speaks a thousand words, in case it gets a bit lengthly.

84D211A8-08AE-4546-9792-67EE4569B3D7-5976-00000116D250CD56.jpg

This is my final layout for my networking routes. From P1 to P7, linked back to my Server Hub in my study room. All points laid with AMP Cat6 unshielded cables under my flooring & concealed via wall. 3 points in living, 2 points in study & 1 point each in Bd2 & master. At the server hub, installed 1x 12 ports Cat6 patch panel with all 7 points connected. P1 @sever hub will be connected to my gigabit router and further routed to my 1x 16 ports gigabit switch for distribution. P1 also acts as future network access route for Opennet Fibre as my house not ready yet. (Do note that I had installed 2 gang power socket at P1 for modem)

Current: Singnet ADSL/Starhub->P1@living->P1@serverhub->gigabit router->16 ports gigabit switch->Server Hub patch panel(6 points)

Future: Opennet Fibre->P1@living->P1@serverhub->gigabit router->16 ports gigabit switch->Server Hub patch panel(6 points)

Back to 16 ports gigabit switch, remaining ports will be taken by 3 NAS, PS3, media player, Smart TV and hifi console. As such, I'm left with 2 ports as spare.

In the living room, 2 points at tv console area. 1 point directly to my 65" plasma Tv & 1 point to 1x 5 ports gigabit switch hidden in my console. 4 ports distributed to 1) Onkyo AVR, 2) Dune HD Media player 3) Oppo 93 & 4) as spare

As per your qns on how many points? No ans to that as what you want to do with it. Best to go for 2 points always, the more the merrier! :sport-smiley-004:

Yes, you can get a gigabit switch and further distributes the bandwidth.

To close up on why I installed a patch panel, I can utilises it as telephone access points in future with 5 spare ports in hand. :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

Hihi, thanks for your kind explanation and illustration.

Well, I am thinking of the following for mine:::

a) Opennet Termination Point (TP) @ Living Room Console (with 2 free power sockets allocated) ->

b) Opennet Fibre Box ->

c) Gigabit Router ->

d) Gigabit Switch (8 ports) ->

d) Network Patch Panel (4 points) -> MBR @ 1 port / Bedroom @ 1 port / Study @ 2 ports + Gigabit Switch (8 ports).

In the event when I plan to expand the network in the rooms, I will add switches to the rooms.

I am presently receiving quote of 120 per cat6 point, with 10 bucks for per wall panel in my rooms and 50 bucks for the network patch panel in my living room. Gigabit switch is around 60 per piece. So total damage est 690.

a) Opennet Termination Point (TP) @ Living Room Console (with 2 free power sockets allocated) ->

b) Opennet Fibre Box ->

c) Gigabit Router ->

d) Network Patch Panel (4 points) -> MBR @ 1 port / Bedroom @ 1 port / Study @ 2 ports + Gigabit Switch (8 ports).

In the event when I plan to expand the network in the rooms, I will add switches to the rooms.

I am presently receiving quote of 120 per cat6 point, with 10 bucks for per wall panel in my rooms and 50 bucks for the network patch panel in my living room. Gigabit switch is around 60 per piece. So total damage est 690.

Sorry for stupid question. But what is Network patch panel? Wall panel?

How about Server Hub patch panel? I not very good in this. Thanks. :bow: :bow:

b) Opennet Fibre Box ->

c) Gigabit Router ->

Is your place opennet ready? If yes, no issues on point a. Your plan looks ok to me :thumbs up: My quote was $100 per point(inclusive of termination at patch panel & port end), I bought my own cat6 network wallpanel(AMP) costs less than $10 each from LHS & my 12 ports cat6 patch panel about $50 bought off Amazon. :yamseng:

Sorry for stupid question. But what is Network patch panel? Wall panel?

How about Server Hub patch panel? I not very good in this. Thanks. :bow: :bow:

nothing is stupid la :sport-smiley-004: network patch panel & server hub patch panel is the same, just a term. Interested in hooking networks in your house :notti: :notti: :dribble: :dribble: