Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dapliew

Our New Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

They are bought locally, no amazon shipment needed :notti: interested in Dune HD? available at Memoryworld :sport-smiley-004:

I already got the AC Ryan medial player. What else can the Dune do?

See.. U going to poison me again 8| 8|

Your TV is :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Got to wait till next saturday before my Tv console is ready ;) 80" is available in the amrket, 65" is so yesterday :bangwall: :bangwall:

I already got the AC Ryan medial player. What else can the Dune do?

See.. U going to poison me again 8| 8|

Can do yamj & better chipset, however, if real media file is your priority, AC ryan still rocks. Alternatively, look at popcornhour instead of Dune HD :notti: :notti: Im considering whether to switch to that... :dribble:

Popcorn Hour C-300

47_4.png

YAMJ Discussion

Edited by ongcs

Can do yamj & better chipset, however, if real media file is your priority, AC ryan still rocks. Alternatively, look at popcornhour instead of Dune HD :notti: :notti: Im considering whether to switch to that... :dribble:

Popcorn Hour C-300

YAMJ Discussion

So much info!! :jawdrop: I have to slowly digest.... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

We still need a lcd tv for our studyroom, to be used for gaming & occasional viewing of dramas & movies.

Went to Best Denki@Taka, the sales manager remembered I had gotten 65" from him. Asked him for 42" range, told me panasonic on promotion again :notti::dribble: Went & check it out, it was plasma, we thought of getting LED :unsure: , so we went for a shootout on various models we had KIV, found LED too bright, felt plasma more comforting to our eyes. Note: As gamer tends to game long hours, might not be good for your eyes, especially gamer tends to sit near to TV ya? ;)

So we went for Panasonic plasma TV. Price was below 1k(all those we liked, above 1.4k), dual purposes(gaming & drama/movie), for drama/movie(panasonic well known for their plasma technology), more freebies from the sales manager :notti:

Save our time to go IT show this weekend, sure packed like mad :bleah: might as well research & look for good deals on 16 ports gigabit switch for my home networking integrated throughout the house.

VIERA TH-P42VT30

TH-P42VT30S-Web-Image%28%28Asia%29%29-1.jpg?MOD=AJPERES&ContentCache=NONE&CACHEID=6b3fee804723c8ac8de18d7ce6b9fe45

Received my media rack from Amazon, they delivered a big box lo :bangwall: can easily fit 2 racks :furious:

169g961.jpg

Assembled in 15mins

1z50pqh.jpg

Loaded some music cds & blu-rays :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

nwy4uh.jpg

Was browsing though my Amazon wishlist, found Auralex SpeakerDude HD can opt for direct shipping instead of 3rd part forwarder in US. Chiong !! :dancingqueen: Ordered 2 sets for my centre speaker & Audioengine 5+ :notti::good:

Auralex SpeakerDude HD Speaker Isolation Platforms (Includes Two Platforms)

11HKhISWnaL.jpg

We still need a lcd tv for our studyroom, to be used for gaming & occasional viewing of dramas & movies.

Went to Best Denki@Taka, the sales manager remembered I had gotten 65" from him. Asked him for 42" range, told me panasonic on promotion again :notti::dribble: Went & check it out, it was plasma, we thought of getting LED :unsure: , so we went for a shootout on various models we had KIV, found LED too bright, felt plasma more comforting to our eyes. Note: As gamer tends to game long hours, might not be good for your eyes, especially gamer tends to sit near to TV ya? ;)

So we went for Panasonic plasma TV. Price was below 1k(all those we liked, above 1.4k), dual purposes(gaming & drama/movie), for drama/movie(panasonic well known for their plasma technology), more freebies from the sales manager :notti:

Save our time to go IT show this weekend, sure packed like mad :bleah: might as well research & look for good deals on 16 ports gigabit switch for my home networking integrated throughout the house.

Loaded some music cds & blu-rays :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

nwy4uh.jpg

Your rack look nice..... added to my wishlist! :dribble:

Your rack look nice..... added to my wishlist! :dribble:

overall is good but the divider holding the disc kind of loose, so the disc might give way etc. I think I need to enhance it by pasting a rubber grip on it to create friction against the base. Material wise, similar like Ikea style, nothing to shout but served the intended purpose.

overall is good but the divider holding the disc kind of loose, so the disc might give way etc. I think I need to enhance it by pasting a rubber grip on it to create friction against the base. Material wise, similar like Ikea style, nothing to shout but served the intended purpose.

I probably will buy this and spray paint matt white to fit into my theme. Do you think I can put books (paperback size) in it? Maybe get 1 more for my story books. :sport-smiley-004:

I probably will buy this and spray paint matt white to fit into my theme. Do you think I can put books (paperback size) in it? Maybe get 1 more for my story books. :sport-smiley-004:

Paperback books are fine. 2nd level of the rack, right corner, able to fit in compilation music album in it. :thumbs up: Point to note, the material parts in black are wood. Im tempted to buy another though.... :dribble:

Bought this 16 ports gigabit switch over the wkend

1BEE1E07-DECA-4472-8AE3-D905131D335A-852-00000150B9134C4B.jpg

A5F4FF18-3728-4D1B-91FD-1223225B223C-852-000001509365AC2F.jpg

Alos, some stuffs from Amazon arrived & ordered more stuffs this morning, will update when they arrived. hint hint more oxo & simplehuman goodies :sport-smiley-004:

F83F0308-6A3A-4096-B504-853CE848A366-852-00000150C05F0FC7.jpg

Been busy shifting stuffs over the wkend, focusing on my studyroom's server setup, will update when all shifted and stuffs are placed in nicely :sport-smiley-018:

Bought this 16 ports gigabit switch over the wkend

1BEE1E07-DECA-4472-8AE3-D905131D335A-852-00000150B9134C4B.jpg

Alos, some stuffs from Amazon arrived & ordered more stuffs this morning, will update when they arrived. hint hint more oxo & simplehuman goodies :sport-smiley-004:

F83F0308-6A3A-4096-B504-853CE848A366-852-00000150C05F0FC7.jpg

Been busy shifting stuffs over the wkend, focusing on my studyroom's server setup, will update when all shifted and stuffs are placed in nicely :sport-smiley-018:

What are you doing in your studyrm that u need 16 ports??? :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Take a photo to show us leh....

How is the salt n pepper set? I'm interested in that.. :dribble:

Love the white speakers :dribble:

Without coverup

A3A8F8F4-294A-4FD4-BA72-01E2CAB3428E-7948-0000080C2411F181.jpg

With coverup, if kids are running around, they cant pop them

AA10708F-4C75-429E-B1B4-132628D997D5-7948-0000080C1ACFDB75.jpg

Realised that speaker stands are required for my rear surround. Ordered from the speaker vendor last sat, stay tune. It is white in colour. :dancingqueen: Hope it turned out as gd as the speakers :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for hifi rack, anyone got any recommendations? Something like that but in white/black colour?

9416BDF9-A521-4A18-A8E8-3FCE87A60CCF-19956-00000E2D2758CB06.jpg

6BC1FC45-DB7F-4CF0-9B46-A071CBB0149D-19956-00000E2D168915EA.jpg

If no, prob got to custom make it

Nice! We are having the same HT setup (white RX6 with radius 90HD with stand) but only a smaller TV (55" instead of 65" VT50)...still deciding on AV...how's your Onkyo performing and mind to share the cost? FYI I can only enjoy all these after my house renovation (starting this month) completed in early December :(

What are you doing in your studyrm that u need 16 ports??? :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Take a photo to show us leh....

How is the salt n pepper set? I'm interested in that.. :dribble:

I had linked up all my rooms with cat6 networking, each room with 2 ports. Must leave some spare around. Plus my studyroom, I need to house my NAS too, I got 2 pcs of 5 bays & 4 bays. :dancingqueen:

Beside that, my studyroom's tv console right beside the server station. Need to hook up my tv with internet access, ps3, media player etc. It is either 8 or 16 ports. Cant find 12 ports, even there is, i'm left with 1-2 vacant ports only. :bleah: :bleah:

I will post pic over the wkend. The salt & pepper set is good :dribble: :dribble: the dual function of openings are great to have it. :good: In fact, I liked the cotton holder :thumbs up:

Went to LHS yesterday to get my cat6 cables crimped for all areas & devices. 24pcs with no spare :o

30490278-B6AD-40AD-87C4-10D38FB630B6-1767-0000025DAEA2D95E.jpg

Nice! We are having the same HT setup (white RX6 with radius 90HD with stand) but only a smaller TV (55" instead of 65" VT50)...still deciding on AV...how's your Onkyo performing and mind to share the cost? FYI I can only enjoy all these after my house renovation (starting this month) completed in early December :(

Cool, did you bought the RX Center too? Best to go for same brand & series for whole sound tone purposes. Go for bigger screen IF your budget allows. :) My view is, if you can afford it now, buy now than upgrade later, it does not make sense to upgrade to big size tv less those in our master bedroom or studyroom, we buy along the way. :notti: excuses to upgrade

I bought my Onkyo 818 @ $1.5k(black), silver slightly more ex by $50-$80 although I preferred the later. It is chic & classy when I thinks of that now. Gotten black Onkyo 818 to match my Emotiva power amp. :D

Have you consider other brands apart from Onkyo? Spend some times to audition various AVRs since your house will only be ready by Dec. Have a feel of their dimensions, as alot of times, buyers ignored that, had a hard time later to get it slot into your tv console. Remember to cater ample space for ventilation.

Last, Do not rush to buy, buy only when you are able to get it setup. :yamseng: