Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dapliew

Our New Home

Ahhhh..... I see.... But I prefer the white AE. And I also think for just aesthetic, AE looks nicer than Aktimate.

I'm not sure of the size of this AE compare to Mini but after I put the Mini together with my Apple monitor, my wife complained I occupied too much space on the study table.. :dunno: :dunno: :furious:

And I have not audition the Micro yet. But I guess the sound quality will not be far off as they are from the same family.

Yes, The white is :dribble: :dribble: AE5+ almost same size as your Aktimate Mini. :yamseng: Must try to buy something that is wife friendly if not 8|

Maybe you can consider this? Audioengine 2 for your wife?

A2W-front.jpg

A2B-front.jpg

Edited by ongcs

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes, The white is :dribble: :dribble: AE5+ almost same size as your Aktimate Mini. :yamseng: Must try to buy something that is wife friendly if not 8|

Maybe you can consider this? Audioengine 2 for your wife?

A2W-front.jpg

A2B-front.jpg

Looks good! :dribble: :dribble: Where can I audition? How much?

My wife will love me :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Did you consider using MA Silver RXFX for your rear speakers? I was thinking when we have children, they are going to knock against the speaker stands.

Chio..... :dribble: :dribble:

U really bad influence... I suppose to stop looking at Amazon and now my backside itchy again...

My wife is going to kill me :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Not a bad influence, care & share :thumbs up: Amazon was 1 of my deafult page when I clicked my browser :dancingqueen:

Looks good! :dribble: :dribble: Where can I audition? How much?

My wife will love me :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

You can audition it at AudioTrio@Beauty World Centre, they are the distributor for Audioengine. Alternatively, CD Acoustic@Aldephi :sport-smiley-004: Best of both world, audition Aktimate & AE at the same time :dribble:

If my memory served me right, @S$340. 3 year warranty. :sport-smiley-018: My wife also considering AE2 too :good: If you buy the right speaker for your wife, she might pardon you on Amazon spree yet again :bow: :bow:

Not a bad influence, care & share :thumbs up: Amazon was 1 of my deafult page when I clicked my browser :dancingqueen:

You can audition it at AudioTrio@Beauty World Centre, they are the distributor for Audioengine. Alternatively, CD Acoustic@Aldephi :sport-smiley-004: Best of both world, audition Aktimate & AE at the same time :dribble:

If my memory served me right, @S$340. 3 year warranty. :sport-smiley-018: My wife also considering AE2 too :good: If you buy the right speaker for your wife, she might pardon you on Amazon spree yet again :bow: :bow:

Haaa.... I will be going Aldephi to buy sand for my stands. Maybe drop by CD Acoustic for an audition...

Hope they have white Micro and AE2 for me to audition... :dribble: :dribble:

Did you consider using MA Silver RXFX for your rear speakers? I was thinking when we have children, they are going to knock against the speaker stands.

Yes I did, however, I went for Radius HD instead partly due to cost and moreover it sounded weird to me. Best is you audition yourself and believed it right for you. :yamseng:

Radius HD can be wall mounted, free bracket when I bought it, just that I preferred it on stand and direct drive inward than straight flat on the wall.

Alternatively, you can fix book shelf. Reasonably high enough so that your children will stayed away, do make sure that the cables connecting to your speakers should be drop downward to your speakers.

pinwini_bookshelf-480x312.jpg

Lastly, try to audition more various type of speakers, it will helps in budget/location planning and never regret at later date. :deal:

Haaa.... I will be going Aldephi to buy sand for my stands. Maybe drop by CD Acoustic for an audition...

Hope they have white Micro and AE2 for me to audition... :dribble: :dribble:

:sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: Must bring your wife along, she must like it :yamseng: If no white, pre-order and wait for it, dont settle for 2nd best. :notti: If your wife knows it, she will :curse: Edited by ongcs

In case somebody asked about my rear speaker stand, how it looked like from the back. Here you go.

1fa2z7.jpg

I finds the quality and length(either too long or short) for the power cords of my hifi equpiments, went to LHS@Sim Lim Tower to custom made it. Using affordable & reasonable Belden cable & MK plug 3 pin socket as my power cords.

Also custom made inter-connector(1 way RCA) for connection between my Onkyo AVR's pre-out to Emotiva XPA-3 power amp. The colour definition of white, red & green means left front, right front & center speaker.

Qed micro & banana plugs for my rear connection.

23h0t8g.jpg

Rec'd some blu-rays from deepdiscount, had bought sufficient testing materials for my sound test when I rec'd my tv console.

4tr23r.jpg

Edited by ongcs

In case somebody asked about my rear speaker stand, how it looked like from the back. Here you go.

I finds the quality and length(either too long or short) for the power cords of my hifi equpiments, went to LHS@Sim Lim Tower to custom made it. Using affordable & reasonable Belden cable & MK plug 3 pin socket as my power cords.

Also custom made inter-connector(1 way RCA) for connection between my Onkyo AVR's pre-out to Emotiva XPA-3 power amp. The colour definition of white, red & green means left front, right front & center speaker.

Qed micro & banana plugs for my rear connection.

Rec'd some blu-rays from deepdiscount, had bought sufficient testing materials for my sound test when I rec'd my tv console.

Wa sai... u had surround cable built in :good: :good: Very neat!

I also thinking of making this MK power cords. Around how much is one cords?

You really bought a lot of disc! Envy you... :bow: :bow: :bow:

Wa sai... u had surround cable built in :good: :good: Very neat!

I also thinking of making this MK power cords. Around how much is one cords?

You really bought a lot of disc! Envy you... :bow: :bow: :bow:

Oh, you saw that :good: no ugly trunking around.

Depending on the power cord's length, 1.5m @ $31 & 2m @ $36. I bought 3pcs of 1.5m & 1 pc of 2m, can exchange for longer length if 1.5m is insufficient, since LHS had pre-made it for immediate sale. It find it good enough for hifi stuffs. :good:

I'm waiting for Black Friday on Amazon, the blu-rays on offer are :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Holding back some ammo as reserve for time being. :drunk: Since I bought Oppo 93, must make use of it. You should do the same, you bought Oppo 93 too? :notti:

Depending on the power cord's length, 1.5m @ $31 & 2m @ $36. I bought 3pcs of 1.5m & 1 pc of 2m, can exchange for longer length if 1.5m is insufficient, since LHS had pre-made it for immediate sale. It find it good enough for hifi stuffs. :good:

I'm waiting for Black Friday on Amazon, the blu-rays on offer are :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Holding back some ammo as reserve for time being. :drunk: Since I bought Oppo 93, must make use of it. You should do the same, you bought Oppo 93 too? :notti:

haha ongcs. I am also waiting for Black Friday to buy buy buy! Alot of items in my cart now :rolleyes:

Time to make a trip to SLT.

Yep. Got the Oppo 93 during the GSS. Black Friday! Here we come!! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

haha ongcs. I am also waiting for Black Friday to buy buy buy! Alot of items in my cart now :rolleyes:

Dont expect all stuffs to :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: buy along the way, especially those you need it. If you can wait, stay tight & camp during wee hours & :horse: on Black Friday.

Also, dont camp on Amazon only, there are a few estores are equally good :notti:

Edited by ongcs

Time to make a trip to SLT.

Yep. Got the Oppo 93 during the GSS. Black Friday! Here we come!! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Thats the way! :notti: :notti: :good: :good: You can consider custom your speaker cables if you yet to do so, ooop, did I mentioned that? :o

The other thing, maybe you can consider this as lift-up for your Aktimate mini beside your mac, good feedbacks on the sound quality & took away the vibration between the speakers on your desk. :notti: :notti:

Auralex MOPAD

41pFt-ERrJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Auralex SpeakerDude HD

11HKhISWnaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Dont expect all stuffs to :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: buy along the way, especially those you need it. If you can wait, stay tight & camp during wee hours & :horse: on Black Friday.

Also, dont camp on Amazon only, there are a few estores are equally good :notti:

what other estores do you recommend? Do update your blog for good buys during black friday! :yamseng: