Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dapliew

Our New Home

Cool, did you bought the RX Center too? Best to go for same brand & series for whole sound tone purposes. Go for bigger screen IF your budget allows. :) My view is, if you can afford it now, buy now than upgrade later, it does not make sense to upgrade to big size tv less those in our master bedroom or studyroom, we buy along the way. :notti: excuses to upgrade

I bought my Onkyo 818 @ $1.5k(black), silver slightly more ex by $50-$80 although I preferred the later. It is chic & classy when I thinks of that now. Gotten black Onkyo 818 to match my Emotiva power amp. :D

Have you consider other brands apart from Onkyo? Spend some times to audition various AVRs since your house will only be ready by Dec. Have a feel of their dimensions, as alot of times, buyers ignored that, had a hard time later to get it slot into your tv console. Remember to cater ample space for ventilation.

Last, Do not rush to buy, buy only when you are able to get it setup. :yamseng:

Actually have not buy the RX6 setup yet but planning to order this weekend :P Yes, I will include the RX center too :)

I've been reading and surveying for all possible AV and I'm open to any brand that can drive the system (of course with budget :P)...yes you are right on the dimensions for the AVR. My ID told me that too and ask me to give him the dimensions for the AVR...so how's the design of your tv console? Can share share? :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Actually have not buy the RX6 setup yet but planning to order this weekend :P Yes, I will include the RX center too :)

I've been reading and surveying for all possible AV and I'm open to any brand that can drive the system (of course with budget :P)...yes you are right on the dimensions for the AVR. My ID told me that too and ask me to give him the dimensions for the AVR...so how's the design of your tv console? Can share share? :P

Oic, have you audition RX6 yet? Are in a hurry to order? If no, order it when your stuffs are shifting in.

For my case, I ordered it when all my majoyr renovations are done, in the midst of waiting for my furnitures to be delivered to my place. After that, hand-on the console dimensions with my equipments in place, on site measured the equipments to trash out all issues. That is provided that you are heading towards movable custom console. You need to provided additional spaces for your equipments, they can't be held tightly side by side.

Any AVRs can drive your intended speakers, in ranges of $800-$3k. It depends on features, what you would like to have if you are itchy towards upgrades in future? Say adding power amp, cd player, DAC etc.... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

My console's design quite simple, let me dig my drawings and share with you, exact pic will be available on sat :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

Oic, have you audition RX6 yet? Are in a hurry to order? If no, order it when your stuffs are shifting in.

For my case, I ordered it when all my majoyr renovations are done, in the midst of waiting for my furnitures to be delivered to my place. After that, hand-on the console dimensions with my equipments in place, on site measured the equipments to trash out all issues. That is provided that you are heading towards movable custom console. You need to provided additional spaces for your equipments, they can't be held tightly side by side.

Any AVRs can drive your intended speakers, in ranges of $800-$3k. It depends on features, what you would like to have if you are itchy towards upgrades in future? Say adding power amp, cd player, DAC etc.... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

My console's design quite simple, let me dig my drawings and share with you, exact pic will be available on sat :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

Yes i've in fact auditioned RX6 for few time before making the decision...actually not in hurry but according to Edward, white colour seems to take longer than expected to order unless they have stock in house...so to avoid disappointment, i decided to order lo :P

What do you reckon for additional spaces for the console? +20%? Anyway looking forward to see your console drawings :)

Amazon again :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

3E513229-4DFA-4463-86DE-C48C61BB1C8B-1767-0000027A100ACA8E.jpg

Auralex Speakerdudes HD for my centre speaker & another for my AE5+ :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

75A773B0-C917-40DF-986B-FA3276A5063A-1767-0000027A170B4331.jpg

1 small box of blurays :notti: :notti:

Amazon again :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

3E513229-4DFA-4463-86DE-C48C61BB1C8B-1767-0000027A100ACA8E.jpg

Auralex Speakerdudes HD for my centre speaker & another for my AE5+ :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

75A773B0-C917-40DF-986B-FA3276A5063A-1767-0000027A170B4331.jpg

1 small box of blurays :notti: :notti:

OMG I like!! ;p This together with the Auralex subdude HD is in my amazon cart now hehehe

Yes i've in fact auditioned RX6 for few time before making the decision...actually not in hurry but according to Edward, white colour seems to take longer than expected to order unless they have stock in house...so to avoid disappointment, i decided to order lo :P

What do you reckon for additional spaces for the console? +20%? Anyway looking forward to see your console drawings :)

Did you audition other brands? Or because of Monitor Audio's white speakers? :notti: :notti: :dribble: For Rx6, Edward is right that Ban Leong dont keep much buffer(due to floor standing I suppose), the rest are fine. You are still ahead of time, just check with Edward of min ETA if need to wait for restock. :sport-smiley-004:

I had went for 4feet width console, 4 compartments, 2 small on top, 2 big below. simple design. :)

AE9BD545-287D-4FBF-AFCC-2A9BF9E6F5B0-1767-0000027E7ADAEC83.jpg

Additional spaces for cabling, or you forsee adding new equipments in. :dribble:

OMG I like!! ;p This together with the Auralex subdude HD is in my amazon cart now hehehe

Add to cart but must make sure it ships to SG. Reason being, when I was looking at it from Amazon, had to use 3rd part forwarder due to "fulfilled by 3rd part seller".

Luckly, it was updated to "fulfilled by Amazon", went ahead and order and opt for direct shipping. It is cheaper :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

Did you audition other brands? Or because of Monitor Audio's white speakers? :notti: :notti: :dribble: For Rx6, Edward is right that Ban Leong dont keep much buffer(due to floor standing I suppose), the rest are fine. You are still ahead of time, just check with Edward of min ETA if need to wait for restock. :sport-smiley-004:

I had went for 4feet width console, 4 compartments, 2 small on top, 2 big below. simple design. :)

AE9BD545-287D-4FBF-AFCC-2A9BF9E6F5B0-1767-0000027E7ADAEC83.jpg

Additional spaces for cabling, or you forsee adding new equipments in. :dribble:

looks nice your console...you might want to consider a movable compartment (tray type?) for easy installing/upgrade of cables in the future :notti::notti:

Add to cart but must make sure it ships to SG. Reason being, when I was looking at it from Amazon, had to use 3rd part forwarder due to "fulfilled by 3rd part seller".

Luckly, it was updated to "fulfilled by Amazon", went ahead and order and opt for direct shipping. It is cheaper :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

I'll most probably ask my wife to bring it back from US since she will be there this month...btw what cables do you use for your satelite and front speakers? Any recommendation and place to buy?

I had linked up all my rooms with cat6 networking, each room with 2 ports. Must leave some spare around. Plus my studyroom, I need to house my NAS too, I got 2 pcs of 5 bays & 4 bays. :dancingqueen:

Beside that, my studyroom's tv console right beside the server station. Need to hook up my tv with internet access, ps3, media player etc. It is either 8 or 16 ports. Cant find 12 ports, even there is, i'm left with 1-2 vacant ports only. :bleah: :bleah:

I will post pic over the wkend. The salt & pepper set is good :dribble: :dribble: the dual function of openings are great to have it. :good: In fact, I liked the cotton holder :thumbs up:

Went to LHS yesterday to get my cat6 cables crimped for all areas & devices. 24pcs with no spare :o

30490278-B6AD-40AD-87C4-10D38FB630B6-1767-0000025DAEA2D95E.jpg

LHS? how much they quote u on the cat 6 cables? their cables are ex from what i know, if i have seen this earlier. i could have approach u.

looks nice your console...you might want to consider a movable compartment (tray type?) for easy installing/upgrade of cables in the future :notti::notti:

In fact my console is movable, will put 3M slider below my console. Just that I asked my carpenter to create false wall right behind my console, so when I pushed in, it will sit nicely below my tv.

Aside on tray type, not recommended on console, because of vibration etc, those into hifi will avoid that.

I'll most probably ask my wife to bring it back from US since she will be there this month...btw what cables do you use for your satelite and front speakers? Any recommendation and place to buy?

Good that your wife can bring back for you :thumbs up: issues will be Amazon/3rd party vendor can delivers the product to your wife on time. Unless your wife will be stationed there for good 1 month or so :dribble: :dribble: Shopping time! :notti: :notti:

LHS? how much they quote u on the cat 6 cables? their cables are ex from what i know, if i have seen this earlier. i could have approach u.

You mean my cable as in the brand itself? If yes, it is expensive if buy in loose form. I bought 1 box of AMP Cat6 from vendor directly to run my house networking.

I measured every locations which required cable and used the remaining balances from my run-up of house network, went to LHS to ask them crimp it for me with Cat6 network jack. Paid $4 per cable(including 2 side jack & servicing) irregardless of length.

If you are interested, just bring the whole bundle length there, they will cut for you. Save the hassle :P For my case, 24 cables required, total length about 98feets, passed 110feets to them for the job in case any errors occured. :good: :good:

Good workmanship! No loose ends, closely held each jack. In fact, I tested each cable using network cable tester to make sure it passed :D

Hi thread starter, A stupid question to ask you. Did you pay tax for all of these items when you purchased so many items from amazon since when they reach our local shores, i'm pretty sure customs would cut open the box and check them. Sorry to ask cos i never ordered anything from amazon before.

Hi thread starter, A stupid question to ask you. Did you pay tax for all of these items when you purchased so many items from amazon since when they reach our local shores, i'm pretty sure customs would cut open the box and check them. Sorry to ask cos i never ordered anything from amazon before.

Not even once, like I mentioned earlier, break up your order. Simple basis, usd300 including shipping charges to SG. Anything more than sgd400, gst will be taken into consideration.

Not even once, like I mentioned earlier, break up your order. Simple basis, usd300 including shipping charges to SG. Anything more than sgd400, gst will be taken into consideration.

Hi ongcs, Thanks for the clarification. Appreciate it very much.

Ok, this is for Kim76

Salt & Pepper dispenser

8DA099AD-E4C3-497B-86D1-97F8473D5E21-2304-0000030AF65B8CA2.jpg

Top view, see the opening on alternative dispenser

3D228238-60F7-4720-AC90-BA0EF5502897-2304-0000030AFC84AAA2.jpg

Cotton bud stick holder if you are interested

984AE83E-B96A-4DFA-ACDC-486BAB94001C-2304-0000030B02C321F5.jpg

Simplehuman soap dispenser

48B71DB6-2489-4E41-B644-B31272423493-106-00000000C5BE2620.jpg

Close-up

C202C4FF-1BE5-45D8-A0DF-18377575E355-106-00000000CF9D5261.jpg

For Kim76's missus, I'm tasked to order another another black simplehuman soap dispenser, my wife thinks can double up as Moisturizers dispenser :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: