Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dhanz15

Tv Feature Wall - Joining Lines

not everyone will have floor to ceiling in ABS. my contractor also give me ABS trimming on the side.... i also didn't realised it cos never really take notice... until you mentioned then i go and check. hahahaha..

i know yours is super good value cos you have friendship price. cannot keep on using yours to compare to other people lah. later all thinking can get $11k with your quality? and those that have paid more, then they think contractors/ID "ketuk" them?

LOL i like the word 'ketuk". Very very true may. hahaz tachipanda :bleah:

Edited by mikeyong500

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

huh? no cable management?

jin jia lat... whoever design or build this piece of junk deserve to be 8|

aiyo tachipanda, dhanz already disappointed liao. u still rub salt into his wounds... 8|

tv_feature_wall.jpg

Heyz dhanz, could u take some closer pics at the 'cannot be hidden' lines and the also the speaker wirings. Let us see how we can advice and help :thumbs up:

:yamseng: ,

Mike

Edited by mikeyong500

aiyo tachipanda, dhanz already disappointed liao. u still rub salt into his wounds... 8|

tv_feature_wall.jpg

Heyz dhanz, could u take some closer pics at the 'cannot be hidden' lines and the also the speaker wirings. Let us see how we can advice and help :thumbs up:

Mike

please, please, no backside spanking... :help:

actually still can salvage... to hide the speaker cable.

Woolah...so many comments now.

@Mike - looks like I.C. of ** overestimate the size of the kitchen. I measured again and it is really 1m longer in quotation.

I asked him to measure again last time but somehow still believed his measurements were correct. It cost me more than 1K. :(

For the TV feature wall, there is a gourmet hole behind the TV but if you drill hole on the right side to insert the speaker wires it won't be

able to reach the gourment hole because the support system (broken yellow lines) is blocking the way.

@taichipanda - I am convincing myself that the purpose of having the drainage hole outside the cabinet is to drain the water spills on the floor.

But thinking again, will there be a lot of water spilling in the kitchen floor? I wonder why our ID did not highlight this and should have shifted and hide it inside the cabinet.

When they placed the quartz, straight away I know it is very thin but somehow did not question our ID.

My verdict for our ID (SkyCreation)

1. Did not highlight that the chosen laminates for feature wall will have to be joined by 2 laminates and thus, joining lines will be visible. This should be brought during the consultation process.

2. Inconsistent recommendations on color scheme/furnitures. First time we ask if we can have a wooden dining table he said cannot then the next day my wife asked and he said can.

Too many to mention here

3. Poor after service - We highlighted 3 issues last Monday and until now, no action is done.

4. Did not deliver to our expectations. We spend so much money and I feel that we didn't get what we paid for (maybe the many paperwork are also costly). I still can't believe that

we spend so much doing only the feature wall and kitchen to match with the existing old design of our home.

On a positive side, he seems very knowledgeable (that is the reason why we chose him), never comes late on appointments, and recommended reliable

furniture companies

I really hope that there would be no more renovation issues.

Lessons Learned

- don't believe too much with your ID

- assign some relatives or friends to closely monitor the renovation

- renovate only what you need. we should have just bought a ready-made tv feature/console for half of the price.

- either do full renovation or nothing at all. we find it troublesome to find a suitable 3-hole basin mixer and other things that will match the existing design.

Maybe because you are not doing a lot so need to charge higher to get more profit for spending time on your Reno?

Yeah right, I guess all IDs are like that. business is business..only goal is to make profit.

Actually hor... Standard size of laminates should be 4ft by 8ft so from the looks of ur pics... 1 piece should be enuf leh... :dunno: Unless is the orientation issue but yet again the ID should have let you know de... :curse:

I feel being knowledgeable is one thing cuz subsequently over the years in the same industry one will gain the necessary experience and knowledge. It's the service that counts and that's what many are paying for. :thumbs up:

As for the ID part, i suggest getting one or a renovator who is going to stick with you thru ur renovation. But ask them to give u progress updates every two or three days.

Here's my :idea: for ur speaker cables. hehez get piece of right angled plywood (better) or those cable trunking (can try). Small one will do. Paste the same laminate design as ur TV console on it. Paste it on ur TV console after rearranging the wires nicely. Quite abit of work though. And also the cost of laminate, have to buy whole piece. :(

Mike

Edited by mikeyong500

Depend on whose they assign you from SkyCreation, i have met a few of them, they may sound professional but to me they still lack home renovating and designing experience.

I dont think you will splash pail after pail of water onto your kitchen floor to have the drainage hole in the kitchen.

I would suggest additional small holes drilled using drill bit for wood, 1 each at the side for the speaker wires, 1 each between the left and right compartment for routing the speaker wires to your player/amplifier.

Mike is correct about the laminate size of 4 ft X 8 ft, their carpenter should build all the pieces facing the audience and the top of the console using a single piece without the joint line in the middle.

Depend on whose they assign you from SkyCreation, i have met a few of them, they may sound professional but to me they still lack home renovating and designing experience.

I dont think you will splash pail after pail of water onto your kitchen floor to have the drainage hole in the kitchen.

I would suggest additional small holes drilled using drill bit for wood, 1 each at the side for the speaker wires, 1 each between the left and right compartment for routing the speaker wires to your player/amplifier.

Mike is correct about the laminate size of 4 ft X 8 ft, their carpenter should build all the pieces facing the audience and the top of the console using a single piece without the joint line in the middle.

I guess at least ur ID could have gotten a tile floor trap to conceal it. Like those from Jonite. zz Hmmm drilling 2 holes also possible. So its up to you dhanz. If you wanna save the hassle and leave it also can :)

Edited by mikeyong500