Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dhanz15

Tv Feature Wall - Joining Lines

hi, does anyone encounter a problem on their TV or any feature wall about the visible joining lines and different patterns on 2 laminates?

1. Our ID only highlighted to us in the midst of renovation. He didn't give us any options but to accept the visible joining lines at the center and thus, the 2 sides have different laminate patterns. The 3D Drawing does not show this joining line at all and we were given a very small picture.

2. Is it true that ID will only know the size of the laminate upon fabrication or confirmation of materials? An experienced ID should know before hand that we will require 2 separate laminates (because width is 1.2m only) for a 2 meter wide TV feature wall and he didn't tell us during the 3D drawing discussion.

3. Our ID told us the carpentry started 2-3 weeks ago and he only highlighted to us the problem a week ago. Why he didn't highlight it before the start of carpentry?

I need your opinion on this. Have you guys experienced the same thing? What did you or your ID do to lessen the visible join lines? Can we still ask our ID to replace the laminates? Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi, does anyone encounter a problem on their TV or any feature wall about the visible joining lines and different patterns on 2 laminates?

1. Our ID only highlighted to us in the midst of renovation. He didn't give us any options but to accept the visible joining lines at the center and thus, the 2 sides have different laminate patterns. The 3D Drawing does not show this joining line at all and we were given a very small picture.

2. Is it true that ID will only know the size of the laminate upon fabrication or confirmation of materials? An experienced ID should know before hand that we will require 2 separate laminates (because width is 1.2m only) for a 2 meter wide TV feature wall and he didn't tell us during the 3D drawing discussion.

3. Our ID told us the carpentry started 2-3 weeks ago and he only highlighted to us the problem a week ago. Why he didn't highlight it before the start of carpentry?

I need your opinion on this. Have you guys experienced the same thing? What did you or your ID do to lessen the visible join lines? Can we still ask our ID to replace the laminates? Thanks.

Hi dhanz15,

First of all, Welcome to Renotalk.

The laminates comes in standard sizes so an experienced ID will know and would have let you know during consultation. He probably saw the carpentry work then see the lines too obvious and no choice have to let you know. Hmmm i reckon you should ask him to come out with a solution to lessen the joint line. If not possible then ask him to change. Sometimes it also depends on the workmanship too. Many factors la.

The 3D drawings only give a perfect view. But the reality might not be the same and is usually different.

Hope everything is smooth sailing for your renovation.

Have fun,

Jaskel

Thanks jaskel and jcchiask for the feedback.

@jaskel - when you say ask ID to change is to change the laminate. Can the carpenter still replace the laminate even after installation? :( I asked my ID on the day when he highlighted to me, and he quickly said NO other laminates that will not require joining.

I will post pictures tomorrow.

Now our ID agreed to replace the white laminate as this is the one with obvious line. I hope that the carpenter won't spoil the feature wall when he removes the current laminate. Is it true that carpenter can really take out the laminate and replace with new one within a month?

tv_feature_wall.jpg

Here's a 3.1K TV Feature wall & console. Is it really worth it? with joining lines and now, they didn't even make a system that will hide the speaker wires if mounted. Very disappointed.

kitchen.jpg

Our new kitchen. For 12K with quartz countertop (not sure if it is really true that it is a free upgrade from granite to quartz), I think it is quite expensive. Pls take note that the wall tiles are still the old one.

Ai yooo. I hope all of these will last long at least 5 years. What a failed investment if it didn't. :(

tv_feature_wall.jpg

Here's a 3.1K TV Feature wall & console. Is it really worth it? with joining lines and now, they didn't even make a system that will hide the speaker wires if mounted. Very disappointed.

kitchen.jpg

Our new kitchen. For 12K with quartz countertop (not sure if it is really true that it is a free upgrade from granite to quartz), I think it is quite expensive. Pls take note that the wall tiles are still the old one.

Ai yooo. I hope all of these will last long at least 5 years. What a failed investment if it didn't. :(

12k?! wow... Mind if i ask how many feet is your kitchen cabinet?

Anywayz... I feel that as long as you like the kitchen and design... it's worth it :)

And dun wry. It will be able to last 5 years with proper care and maintanence :) Can give you some tips on that if you want.

:yamseng: ,

Mike

Edited by mikeyong500

12k?! wow... Mind if i ask how many feet is your kitchen cabinet?

Anywayz... I feel that as long as you like the kitchen and design... it's worth it :)

And dun wry. It will be able to last 5 years with proper care and maintanence :) Can give you some tips on that if you want.

:yamseng: ,

Mike

waa... more expensive than mine! my one only 11k.

quartz top look so thin!

carcass design very plain and normal; in fact it looks like my kitchen in the previous house, reno back in 2003... 4 small drawers with the rest all casement doors.

if owner wish to see my current cabinet to compare, PM me for contact and address.

51540473.jpg

27577894.jpg

I was looking closely at his kitchen cabinet, then i saw the hole... why they cant conceal it?

uglyhole.jpg

Edited by taichipanda

waa... more expensive than mine! my one only 11k.

quartz top look so thin!

carcass design very plain and normal; in fact it looks like my kitchen in the previous house, reno back in 2003... 4 small drawers with the rest all casement doors.

if owner wish to see my current cabinet to compare, PM me for contact and address.

casement door is easier to make than drawers and drawers also more ex especially using blum etc. i had a hard time trying to get my contractor to do drawers without additional charges.

casement door is easier to make than drawers and drawers also more ex especially using blum etc. i had a hard time trying to get my contractor to do drawers without additional charges.

but but but his kitchen costs him 12k. :jawdrop:

mine only cost me 11k and mine all drawers at bottom cabinet, mine quartz seem like thicker than his and maybe whiter too. my cabinet has abs trimming for all external side panels from floor to ceiling.

tv_feature_wall.jpg

huh? no cable management?

jin jia lat... whoever design or build this piece of junk deserve to be 8|

:

mine only cost me 11k and mine all drawers at bottom cabinet, mine quartz seem like thicker than his and maybe whiter too. my cabinet has abs trimming for all external side panels from floor to ceiling.

Can you take a pic to show the ABS trimming? Still wondering what it looks like.

but but but his kitchen costs him 12k. :jawdrop:

not everyone will have floor to ceiling in ABS. my contractor also give me ABS trimming on the side.... i also didn't realised it cos never really take notice... until you mentioned then i go and check. hahahaha..

i know yours is super good value cos you have friendship price. cannot keep on using yours to compare to other people lah. later all thinking can get $11k with your quality? and those that have paid more, then they think contractors/ID "ketuk" them?

not everyone will have floor to ceiling in ABS. my contractor also give me ABS trimming on the side.... i also didn't realised it cos never really take notice... until you mentioned then i go and check. hahahaha..

i know yours is super good value cos you have friendship price. cannot keep on using yours to compare to other people lah. later all thinking can get $11k with your quality? and those that have paid more, then they think contractors/ID "ketuk" them?

oh ya hor. :yamseng::dancingqueen: thanks for reminding me.