Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nexer

Home Sweet Home Feeling

Hi,

Lian Seng HinHin at balestier got the smaller 3D subway tile. Actually what is the size you need?

10 x 20cm tiles. Have bought the normal subway tiles without the 3d effect.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

10 x 20cm tiles. Have bought the normal subway tiles without the 3d effect.

Ok, 10 by 20 I think hup kiong have it but since you already brought the flat one I think it will turn out good too beside I think the flat ones is more suitable for your intended purpose, easier to do cleaning.

Anyone have the problem of light leaking out from the sides of the downlights?

The electrician told me its normal, just need to put some silicone to cover up the small gaps.

But if i use silicone, what happens when i need to change the bulb?

Hi Nexer, jus ventured upon ur bolg! welcome to the 3-roomer club! looks like ur reno is coming along well ready for CNY! :good: can't wait too c the completed proj!

Frm ur pic, looks like light (naked light?) is indeed 'leaking' out from the side. not sure if this is the intended effect. jus to share, i used this for my plc. when the light is on, there is this shadow/silhouette effect w 'halo' of light surrounding it. not sure if urs same. :unsure: otherside, think it's about the size of the cut-out hole or alignment. ya better question ur ID/contractor lo!

DL1_zpsb46ab0d6.jpg

downlights_zpsfc1d874c.jpg

DL2_zps421a6049.jpg

Edited by jus4fun

Hi Nexer, jus ventured upon ur bolg! welcome to the 3-roomer club! looks like ur reno is coming along well ready for CNY! :good: can't wait too c the completed proj!

Frm ur pic, looks like light (naked light?) is indeed 'leaking' out from the side. not sure if this is the intended effect. jus to share, i used this for my plc. when the light is on, there is this shadow/silhouette effect w 'halo' of light surrounding it. not sure if urs same. :unsure: otherside, think it's about the size of the cut-out hole or alignment. ya better question ur ID/contractor lo!

DL1_zpsb46ab0d6.jpg

downlights_zpsfc1d874c.jpg

DL2_zps421a6049.jpg

Ya, its not intended. Most likely they will use silicone to fill up the gaps. Only headache is when i need to change the bulb...

Ya, its not intended. Most likely they will use silicone to fill up the gaps. Only headache is when i need to change the bulb...

Don't on the lights so often lor... Then can prolong your bulb life.. haa... :good: :good:

Don't on the lights so often lor... Then can prolong your bulb life.. haa... :good: :good:

Haha...philips led blub shld last me very very very long rite?

Haha...philips led blub shld last me very very very long rite?

Oh.. yours LED ah... then no prob la... use all u want.... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Nexer,

Looks like my fellow 3-roomer is almost ready to move in. Exciting times.

If you don't mind me adding my 2-cents worth

My MIL got us the same WMF products, ie the cookery set,

we were however disappointed that the ears(handles) turned out to be hot when it was used for cooking

Ended up that we have to use those rubber insulators to hold the ears.

something that we didn't expect for the price of the cookware. You might wanna check with the sales-person.

my MIL mentions that the higher-end range has the heat-free properties.

WMF Diadem 5pc set - $99

38303617-D5B2-4FDD-9365-35B748F57A9D-2961-000002A206A76582.jpg

Very unique 2-in-1 WC and Basin. Is this intended for brushing teeth also?

Here you go. For me it's more of saving space rather than saving water. :thumbs up:

82522FEF-803B-456E-98D0-05B88B08573B-8069-0000062ED3584027.jpg

Anyone have cheap and good curtain contacts to recommend? :sport-smiley-004:

I got a reasonably good deal last time for my curtains; made a simple comparison with other vendors too.

The link is here

Awesome, Servo-drive. Neat stuffs. Very thoughtful of you for your spouse. :thumbs up:

Are you able to deactivate at will? Is it by switching off the powersupply?

At my stage; because of the arrival of my baby boy,

a couple of things came to our attention, especially baby/child-safety. (perhaps for your consideration in the future)

just to share a video

But those 2 are not considered crazy buys yet. I bought blum servo drive system for my kitchen...that is like dropping a nuclear bomb on my finances. Lol

To me, this is one of the best investment for my home too.

I've never brought a key out of home ever. Really convenient when i leave home for run or ride.

Digital lock is here!

It took only 1 day for the delivery from korea to SG!

Time for some DIY

438E0A8C-37DC-4E27-BBBA-81BD4948F47A-12740-000009EEF15A7A60.jpg

These tiles are really nice.

I suppose you are the one cleaning in the future? :notti:

Those grooves may not be the easiest thing to clean especially for kitchen when oil and grease are frequent passenger.

Tat is oso 1 issue. Have not been updating myself on the latest hardwares. Now im considering either a Macbookpro or a gaming cpu. Can only choose one.

Btw, anyone knw who can i buy those glossy subway tiles with a bit of 3d pop out effect like the one below?

11015C77-DBA7-4CD4-8636-683C76E4682E-1685-000000F7376A6678.jpg

Those tat i found are mostly not shiny enuff or flat surface...

I would thought so too, does it look the same from the lighting shop? Else chances could be that the hole made for the downlights could be too big.

I thot the lights are supposed to "leak" from the side of this model of downlight? It is supposed to look as such to create a different visual effect.

Nice WIW, i believe this should be your wife's pick.

Did you include electrical socket within the WIW? As it can be stuffy inside.

35F86AE1-8BC5-4370-9A95-E7A81C0108A0-1840-000001CE72DFA6AF.jpg

Edited by dexufto

97AB8540-5914-4C41-9078-D19E91C7EA03-1840-000001CE6859A210.jpg

I love your lourve bi-folds, no tracks on the bottom too. Super!

It looks fabulous and goes well with your concept.

I am using a regular aluminium with translucent bi-fold and when someone uses the bath,

lights will inevitably illuminate though to my bedroom as well.

I suppose that you wouldn't expecting guests to use your bath since it is connected to the master bedroom.

Good looking place! Love the use of wood for countertops and super like your yellow main door! :)

Err.. bro Nex, r u using wood for kitchen top? Or is it not finished yet or is it wood look-a-like solid surface.. kekeke :P