Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Stinz

How Many Viewings Did You Go Before You Decided To Buy The Unit?

it is still a sellers market and the seller knows it...... :unsure: ...lets see what happens in a couple of years :yamseng:

Edited by radha08

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Is it really love at a first sight? I have just enter into the process of viewings last weekend. And to our dissapointment, the agent had only one unit that for our viewing. As our requested area is the popular to the west resident, MUST be blok 4XX series JURONG WEST area NOT OTHER AREA. I can understand how tough it will be to my agent to FULFIL OUR REQUIREMENT. When we viewed the FIRST and only 4A unit, hubby kinda LUV IT but for me a THUMBS DOWN cos theres NO LOVE ATTRACTION IN IT.. oh god!! its kindda warm and i recon no breezy wind enters the house.. The recess area they had bought is quite huge and the the only REASON i turned down cos of the WIND.. NO WIND FELT during the viewing or maybe it just a reason for me not to like it.. Or should i give another chance .. or maybe its the NO WIND SEASON.. on that day... Its at 7th floor and the kitchen is huge and the i kind of DILEMMA if i reject this unit i wont be able to find better than this.. or if i took up this unit i missed other units that is better than this..

Is it really love at a first sight? I have just enter into the process of viewings last weekend. And to our dissapointment, the agent had only one unit that for our viewing. As our requested area is the popular to the west resident, MUST be blok 4XX series JURONG WEST area NOT OTHER AREA. I can understand how tough it will be to my agent to FULFIL OUR REQUIREMENT. When we viewed the FIRST and only 4A unit, hubby kinda LUV IT but for me a THUMBS DOWN cos theres NO LOVE ATTRACTION IN IT.. oh god!! its kindda warm and i recon no breezy wind enters the house.. The recess area they had bought is quite huge and the the only REASON i turned down cos of the WIND.. NO WIND FELT during the viewing or maybe it just a reason for me not to like it.. Or should i give another chance .. or maybe its the NO WIND SEASON.. on that day... Its at 7th floor and the kitchen is huge and the i kind of DILEMMA if i reject this unit i wont be able to find better than this.. or if i took up this unit i missed other units that is better than this..

Hi Massyukim,

What about the price? and the feel you have for the unit? same, my hubby also prefer the first unit we saw.. i think too much, in the end, when i realise its not a bad unit after viewing other flats, the unit was taken up already.. :(

nevertheless, the search contiunes.. and i finally found a unit which is not too bad.. pricing and location not too bad.. the fact i like about it is i like unit which are bright.. gives a good feeling.. and we viewed the unit only once and we offered already.. haha.. so ya.. perhaps cannot think too much, go with the feel.. :)

Hi Massyukim,

What about the price? and the feel you have for the unit? same, my hubby also prefer the first unit we saw.. i think too much, in the end, when i realise its not a bad unit after viewing other flats, the unit was taken up already.. :(

nevertheless, the search contiunes.. and i finally found a unit which is not too bad.. pricing and location not too bad.. the fact i like about it is i like unit which are bright.. gives a good feeling.. and we viewed the unit only once and we offered already.. haha.. so ya.. perhaps cannot think too much, go with the feel.. :)

Valuation not out yet. Maybe around this week. IF the valuation is ex,will definetely a BIG NO NO to my hubby cos the unit needs a lot of reno especially on carpentry(kitchen).. just hope there will be new listings for resale flats around there in these few days time.. My first Appt for selling my current flat will be on Oct. Still got ample time to be choosy, hehehehehe.

The agent should be able to give u a rough amount what the owner expect for their COV. :unsure:

Like mine,the owner did tell me he wanted $30-35k for their COV.

wow.. your COV is quite high. Is it a 4 room flat? Before we enter the house, my agent says that the house belong to Chinese family but when i stepped into the house, we saw two indian ladies watching TV in the living room. One room was lock and the other room had an indian tenant. I reckon they rent out the whole flat to the indian family and worker. As the valuation not out yet, i Dun really bother to ask in details. For my judgement, the max that i can give them is just COV of 10K-15K or lesser than that.

The area I choose is Tampines,the flats at this area like coated with gold like that,all above $30K at least... :bangwall:

I am consider lucky to get a move in cond flat at 33k COV....most of the flats I view need overhaul,am asking at least 30K in cash. After buying this flat,I now know why some Singaporean said they can't afford to buy flat,after paying COV,not much $ left to renovate at all. I am a single plus orphan,can't buy new flat at all,so If u can,get new flat,save on COV. :sport-smiley-003:

Hi onions2hot,

I bought a unit at Tampines too! and fully agree that Tampines COV is a killer :( i'm buying a lot for the COV and going to spend more on renovation :(

The area I choose is Tampines,the flats at this area like coated with gold like that,all above $30K at least... :bangwall:

I am consider lucky to get a move in cond flat at 33k COV....most of the flats I view need overhaul,am asking at least 30K in cash. After buying this flat,I now know why some Singaporean said they can't afford to buy flat,after paying COV,not much $ left to renovate at all. I am a single plus orphan,can't buy new flat at all,so If u can,get new flat,save on COV. :sport-smiley-003:

Tampines areas are very expensive areas unlike my area Jurong.. lol.. If the COV above 30K, plus renovation over 30K, oh nooo.. !!! headache.. headache..

Viewed 7 flats, in the north within 1 month time. The 1st, good location but condition very very jialet... high cov, 30k i think, everything in the flat MUST do, simply reno also at least 30k. The 2nd also location good, high floor, windy, high cov too. the flooring can consider cos like pearl white homo, I like... but I want to hack wall... difficult to reno, think think think, 1 week later, i make offer 35k... but being told it's sold for cov 40k plus.

I decided to get the last flat I viewed, feeling ok, good location but low floor with mid 20 cov, now brain-storming how to reno it.

Edited by natural9

I did another round of viewing yesterday and this time the agent show us 3 units. I felt in luv when i step in to first unit ie at Jurong East. Its a well kept unit and quite good layout with the good amenities. THe valuation for the unit is $410K and i heard the agent estimated for COV of 35K with move in condition. THE 2nd and 3rd UNITS that i went.. OMG!! .. conditiions SO HORRIBLE.. !! ITS A BIG NO NO NO !!.. they rented out to foreign workers and every angle of the flat haizz no words to describe the condition especially the kitchen, i dun even bother to explore the toilet. Late night yesterday, the agent call us up saying us the bad news.. that the flat that i Luv and i keen on had a bit of problem.. THE Owner had been declared bankruptcy... OMG..!!! haizzz. The agent will investigate and update us on how bad the situation is.. :((

To me,no matter how I love the first unit,I won't buy it! U nvr know if he got borrow loan shark anot? Especially he had declare bankruptcy...

And also this show the flat feng shui not good that the owner had to declare bankrupt,so I always ask the owner reason for selling,if the owner downgrade,my faith in that hse not good le... Juz my little thoughts...

My frd's bro juz bought a hse that the previous owner own loan shark, the wife and him everyday go home also scare,he install CCTV,call police and even show proof to the loan shark he is the new owner also no use...

I also got see one flat that the condition so bad,like u,Tile on the wall on the living room,the tiles in the kitchen all pop out,the sink area is nake without cabinet,plus a few dieing cockroaches,the dustin cannot be fully closed,the floor not in even and pop out too. I really wonder how the old man can live in this kind of condition! :jawdrop: But he very kind,he offer us tea when I view the flat,but the cleanliness of the hse plus the stain on the toilet bowl make me faint,he keep telling me 暍茶,别客气。 He keep insisted me to drink his 上等tea. My frd and I look at each other and drink it all down! My mind is the picture of the toilet bowl... :drunk:

Edited by onions2hot

To me,no matter how I love the first unit,I won't buy it! U nvr know if he got borrow loan shark anot? Especially he had declare bankruptcy...

And also this show the flat feng shui not good that the owner had to declare bankrupt,so I always ask the owner reason for selling,if the owner downgrade,my faith in that hse not good le... Juz my little thoughts...

My frd's bro juz bought a hse that the previous owner own loan shark, the wife and him everyday go home also scare,he install CCTV,call police and even show proof to the loan shark he is the new owner also no use...

I also got see one flat that the condition so bad,like u,Tile on the wall on the living room,the tiles in the kitchen all pop out,the sink area is nake without cabinet,plus a few dieing cockroaches,the dustin cannot be fully closed,the floor not in even and pop out too. I really wonder how the old man can live in this kind of condition! :jawdrop: But he very kind,he offer us tea when I view the flat,but the cleanliness of the hse plus the stain on the toilet bowl make me faint,he keep telling me 暍茶,别客气。 He keep insisted me to drink his 上等tea. My frd and I look at each other and drink it all down! My mind is the picture of the toilet bowl... :drunk:

But how will you know if there are loanshark a not? i just bought a unit.. it has been vacant.. not sure if thats the case.. but ht eloanshark thingy completely slip my mind.. how to ask? when we ask why they are selling the flat, the agent jus say cos the owner going to stay with her daguther.. i'm quite skeptical.. do you think talking to the neighbour helps?

Anyway, for downgrading, i think it depends on the reason why they downgrade.. if it is due to kids all shifting out, then i think its okie, so i guess it really depends on the reasons..

wow! you actualli drank the tea.. i think i will jus say i dun like to drink tea or allergy.. haha.. ops! but anyway, i doubt you get that unit.. :P