Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Suyun

Exodus - My Cloud Is Moving To The East

I'll be following your blog closely too.

My reno works will start end Sep.

I have 4 toilets in my new place and will be replacing everything.

For the toilet bowls & wash basin, I bought an American brand (can't rem the brand now)... it was going for $288 for the toilet bowl & wash basin as a set. So to me, it was a very good deal and we bought 4 sets at a go. :)

This can help to save some costs.

Also, if possible, try to look around online. Some of the items are cheaper even if you add in the shipping costs.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Your joven water heater seems kinda expensive. I paid only $220 for 25L. Though of course installation done by my ID's plumber already included in the price.

Noted, thanks

Yes Minerat , four bedrooms, one study, one playroom(maid bedroom) two utility rooms and five toilets.

When i start shopping for tiles to do the toilets, I will have a big headache.

Wanted to do all the toilets in with the same tiles but was told it will have no identity.

So if I go by number of floors, then I need three sets of tiles to design the toilets

But I won't be able to spur so much money on those nice tiles as my budget is limited. Someone told me the WCs, sanitary wares, one bathtub, kitchen sinks etc fittings can cost me up to 10k, ouch :bangwall:

Must exercise self control.

Suyun

Same here, still at quotation stage here already busted liao...now cut here cut there...compare compare... :bangwall: :bangwall:

First consideration, to change or not to change from swing gate to a sliding gate?

Only can change to sliding gate when i am hacking and retiling the front yard, so I can lay the track for sliding gate and remove the old motor and install a new one. The old gate is slightly slanted and motor, remote control are lock no longer working already.

Quotations! Quotations! Compare and compare. Prices and quality are very important. Don't want to regret later.

Edited by Suyun

Hi Suyun,

welcome to renotalk! Love the title header you have there =D Trust in the Lord's provision! =D

Anyway, for your house items, you might want to check out jerome's thread in renotalk - he does have some cheap items - but the drawback is only cash is accepted.. so if you have the cash, you could be able to save some if you buy from him o.o but then again - if you use credit card to buy a discounted item - you could get some discount + points - so its up to you to decide!

his thread is:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43792&hl=%20jerome%20%20zero&st=840

hope it helps!

=D

sarah

Your current gate looks nice! My gate is already over 10yrs old... so definitely going to change. Also not sure on whether to opt for swing or side...

Your current gate looks nice! My gate is already over 10yrs old... so definitely going to change. Also not sure on whether to opt for swing or side...

Yeap hard choice to make. Only can change from swing to slide or the other way when we hack yard tiles. my gate is 16 years old, condition is good except it is not totally inline.

If changing to slide gate, do add in the sensor, cost a little more but won't crash into your car or kids when the gate is closing.

7296abd3.jpg

Dislike this front door gate0(same design of kitchen back gate), going to dismantle and dispose of it

This awning will have to go too.

4e9e51b7.jpg

All the build in cabinates will be dismantled and remove to make way for a NEW LOOK

b6f251e1.jpg

Take a look at a sample photo of one of the five toilets, i cannot but shake my head.

064328d9.jpgdamaged steps of the staircase, will be hacked and tile up for more durability

Edited by Suyun

Hi Suyun,

welcome to renotalk! Love the title header you have there =D Trust in the Lord's provision! =D

Anyway, for your house items, you might want to check out jerome's thread in renotalk - he does have some cheap items - but the drawback is only cash is accepted.. so if you have the cash, you could be able to save some if you buy from him o.o but then again - if you use credit card to buy a discounted item - you could get some discount + points - so its up to you to decide!

his thread is:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43792&hl=%20jerome%20%20zero&st=840

hope it helps!

=D

sarah

Hi Sarah, thank you for the tip, i will check it out, btw i am also following your story. God bless

hey Suyun,

i got an email from Aamor saying that there is going to be a GLOBAL INCREASE in Hansgrohe prices in October. So if you are interested in Hansgrohe fixtures for your bathroom, better buy within this month!

hey Suyun,

i got an email from Aamor saying that there is going to be a GLOBAL INCREASE in Hansgrohe prices in October. So if you are interested in Hansgrohe fixtures for your bathroom, better buy within this month!

Thank you Pinkflowers. My budget busted already so may settle for cheaper brand :D

Hi Sarah, thank you for the tip, i will check it out, btw i am also following your story. God bless

=D no worries! impt to help each other out =) n thanks for checking out our story! let us know if u have any suggestions k? hehehe.. and God bless too~~!!

I'll be following your blog closely too.

My reno works will start end Sep.

I have 4 toilets in my new place and will be replacing everything.

For the toilet bowls & wash basin, I bought an American brand (can't rem the brand now)... it was going for $288 for the toilet bowl & wash basin as a set. So to me, it was a very good deal and we bought 4 sets at a go. :)

This can help to save some costs.

Also, if possible, try to look around online. Some of the items are cheaper even if you add in the shipping costs.

Thanks Shmj, perhaps you can pm the website i can source from. I am not very internet savy especially in shopping and sourcing on net. :yamseng:

CAT PROBLEM :curse:

The neighbour across the road has many cats going in and out of their house.

And the cats must really like my new house because one of them poo poo at my front door almost every other day

Everytime i drop by i need to clear the poo :furious: i saw the AVA van driving pass last week to look for strays but left empty handed. so disappointing

Our home pet rabbit Mocha

98f8f5e5.jpg

gives our family a lot of joy and fun with his actions and behaviour

have to give it some thought where to house him to protect his from the neighours cats and our future big dog which we plan to adopt.

Edited by Suyun

I manage to take some photos of the place before the dismantling and hacking begins on Monday. finally found out how to upload photos :dancingqueen:

e37799d3.jpg

the TV Console which will be dismantle. A new one will be customised and built.

0ac29142.jpg

Dining Area, see that wall with the split unit airconditioner? it will be partially removed to build a small service counter. then we can extend the current kitchen and for the air flow to improve.

331dd726.jpg

The sliding door at the dining area will be replaced with folding doors too. we just love to have more light and wind in the house.

ac6d0cd0.jpg

our beautiful spiral staircase. the damaged parquet steps will be replaced with wood tiles and the stairs railing repainted in another colour..... maybe bronze.

we are working towards a contemporary country style

Edited by Suyun