Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yunyunhere

Using Of Recess Area

My soon-to-have resale flat is a corner unit and there is a big nice wall right beside my main door, it is not blocking any neighbour either, am thinking to put my shoes cabinet beside my main door (with a locker set i bet), since my living/dinner hall is relatively small, so i wish not to put my shoes cabinet inside the house. wondering if i will get fined by hdb if they spot check?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

will not.

Unless your neigbour complain.

But so far.. quite a number of ppl put the shoes cabinet outside. BUT don't put too big and too tall one.

And cannot be build in shoes cabinet.

I think as long as it doesn't block the passage way. I only get offended if neighbours hang their undergarments along the passageway n have to smell them each time I walk past!

Just be sensitive cos shoe cabinet is considered unlucky. If your shoe cabinet is facing ur neighbors front door they may get upset.

Thanks guys! Decided to put my shoe cabinet in the recess area, and it won't block any one and not facing any other doors either. We went up to the flat again, and noticed the seller actually places a full height cabinet there, still with ample space left in the corner, can park my boy's tricycle there, hehehe...

Just dont like neighbours who put so many 'unwanted' things outside common areas that makes passageway narrow.

:furious:

Heres a fire safety guidelines for placing items along the corridor... SCDF

A minimum clear escape passage of 1.2 m clearance is to be maintained from the parapet wall where the shoe rack is to be allowed. Since urs is a corner unit, there should be enough space...

Just dont like neighbours who put so many 'unwanted' things outside common areas that makes passageway narrow.

:furious:

I agreed!!! I got a neighbour that grow so many plants,I had to push the leaves on the plants away to cross the path...the plants is so hugh and many that it bend inwards, :curse: