Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DancingInTheRain

2Nd Home @casa Clementi

Sofa, so far

The Hubby wants a lush sofa (read: bulky chunky leather sofa with lumba support) which he can lie down and slouch on. For me, I want it to be... Just PERFECT. Hahaa.. I want pencil legs coz that's how I envisioned my home when I started with the designing. I wanted furnitures like those I saw at A Thousand Tales couple of years back. (Btw, A Thousand Tales is not at Haji Lane anymore. Anyone knows where it is now?) I tried ordering this sofa together with an armchair and dining set from Hawaii50 from Bangkok quite sometime back but the shipping is really a killer. So, I dropped the idea.

b8c54efe80b8862acd77ec173795c534_zps7c59a52d.jpg

The Hubby insisted on having a sofa which he can lay his old bones on comfortably, not just aesthetically pleasing. In fact, I think for him, aesthetics comes way after comfort and price. Hahahaa... :bleah:

As mentioned earlier, I fell in love with a sofa at Lorgan's but its dimension is not quite right. Besides, THe Hubby thinks its not comfortable (again). I also saw this at Room of Woods but it's already sold!!! :o

50ad905a71873edd2a7256fc5ed4a359_zps47a697c4.jpg

ROW is also clearing their stuff... Heard from the couple that they are not bringing in any more new items and they are just clearing the current stock now. They have not found a new place to operate yet.

Walk walk around and short-listed a few sofas... But they are just a little short of what I want or what The Hubby wants... These are a couple that We short listed....

ee93a09114679b6c0549b96cb95a8fcb_zps9ebd927b.jpg

Love the lines at the back of the seat. It can be custom made to high back too.... Only problem is, it's fabric and The Hubby wants leather! :bangwall:

84cd2580ce4e52a2e37ec095a3b7f7dc_zpsfdcb1f73.jpg

The Hubby likes this kind... Too chunky for me... But really quite comfortable! Hhahahaaa.... :thumbs up:

While browsing just now, i saw this... Going to check this out tomorrow! Pray that it's leather and high back (obviously NOT!) with wooden legs! :drunk:

c442cfa46ae57efae636617990a099e1_zps5765caf8.jpg

Edited by DancingInTheRain

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Delicated to Shiro's Missy

You know who you are... :D

MBR Toilet

5af2d54855024bbe4f1394de44fdf459_zps07588360.jpg

ce5116f0ff42516aacd6ea3edd5441ed_zps63f6b583.jpg

Common Toilet

bcce54eab9e2f0785920a7f361a46ba3_zps97bae158.jpg

2f13f2958b6cc8d14b71069f5c54927b_zps2435ff9b.jpg

Mirrors, accessories, taps, basins all up in the MBR and common toilets. Still loving the long long basin in the former and the froggy in the latter. But I also realize a lot of cleaning to be done... Faintz.... :bow:

Remembered to use trigo ratios (recall recall... TOA CAH SOH.... Rings a bell?) to check the flow of water from the tap to basin for MBR but forgot to do the same for the one at common toilet. The flow of water from this tap is a little too near to the basin back....

Edited by DancingInTheRain

U mean the aluminum louvre door ya? You've got mail! ;)

Hi. Can you let me know the price of the aluminum bi-fold lourve door too?

We were quoted $750 per door. The PD version was only $399. Puzzled...

Blow Wind Blow

Meanwhile, the aircon was also set up over the weekend. Looks neat and tidy!

a9590b2b6448121ef9482a5a00aafb61_zpseb3ea0be.jpg

The aircon was installed by Mr. K's cousin. We were contemplating between an inverter and a non-inverter system as well as if to have 1 or 2 compressors. Mr. K's cousin, Xiao Di, was very patient in explaining the pros and cons to us. And we finally selected 2 compressors, 24k for living room and 28k for the 3 bedrooms. The blowers in the rooms are 9k each and 24k in living room.

A small point to note if you are still sourcing for aircon... (Not that I know a lot lah... But from what Xiao Di explained to me :P ). Some sellers advertise really low prices for their aircon package as they match compressors which are unable to meet the capacity of all the blowers. For example, 18k compressor with 3 x 9k blowers is a mismatch as the compressor is unable to cool all the 3 rooms sufficiently and effectively simultaneously. However, if only 1 or 2 outta the 3 rooms turn on the aircon at the same time, then this combination of compressor and blower is more cost effective for the user. Also, I heard that R22 refrigerants maybe phrased out soon... So no non-inverter systems...

Was reading one fellow blogger's tblog about aircon and thought it's really informative. in fact, i recall he did research for almost every single thing that he did in his home. impressed! But somehow can't recall the blogger's name... Wish I had done just as much homework...

Hi. Can you let me know the price of the aluminum bi-fold lourve door too?

We were quoted $750 per door. The PD version was only $399. Puzzled...

Hi dancingintherain

Can pm me the price of the lourve bifold door too?

Thanks and ur red brick wall looks beautiful!

Ha ha exposed ...

Nice theme in your toilet!!

Now me and HTB are at loggerheads over decision making.

Eg. He choose a bluish green round basin (small) for mbr... That's so ugly.. And he definitely dont like the white typical basin we adore.

Ha ha exposed ...

Nice theme in your toilet!!

Now me and HTB are at loggerheads over decision making.

Eg. He choose a bluish green round basin (small) for mbr... That's so ugly.. And he definitely dont like the white typical basin we adore.

Is the bluish green basin better value for money? Hahaaa... Just like yesterday, we were at Castila searching for sofa and the salesperson gave a really attractive price with freebies for the set. However, only left light brown leather and The Hubby is still trying to convince me to just get it... ;p

Sometimes, I think about it... Actually at the end of the day, we want to come home to a comfortable and functional place ... Maybe just don't be too 执着 over aesthetics bah...

Yoz bro,

You've got mail!

Still groggy from waking up early ah? I no brick wall leh...

Lol! I meant to say ur capentry!

Guess waking up so early in the wee hours to 'dong tu' has an effect! Haha

Sofa, so far

The Hubby wants a lush sofa (read: bulky chunky leather sofa with lumba support) which he can lie down and slouch on. For me, I want it to be... Just PERFECT. Hahaa.. I want pencil legs coz that's how I envisioned my home when I started with the designing. I wanted furnitures like those I saw at A Thousand Tales couple of years back. (Btw, A Thousand Tales is not at Haji Lane anymore. Anyone knows where it is now?) I tried ordering this sofa together with an armchair and dining set from Hawaii50 from Bangkok quite sometime back but the shipping is really a killer. So, I dropped the idea.

b8c54efe80b8862acd77ec173795c534_zps7c59a52d.jpg

The Hubby insisted on having a sofa which he can lay his old bones on comfortably, not just aesthetically pleasing. In fact, I think for him, aesthetics comes way after comfort and price. Hahahaa... :bleah:

As mentioned earlier, I fell in love with a sofa at Lorgan's but its dimension is not quite right. Besides, THe Hubby thinks its not comfortable (again). I also saw this at Room of Woods but it's already sold!!! :o

50ad905a71873edd2a7256fc5ed4a359_zps47a697c4.jpg

ROW is also clearing their stuff... Heard from the couple that they are not bringing in any more new items and they are just clearing the current stock now. They have not found a new place to operate yet.

Walk walk around and short-listed a few sofas... But they are just a little short of what I want or what The Hubby wants... These are a couple that We short listed....

ee93a09114679b6c0549b96cb95a8fcb_zps9ebd927b.jpg

Love the lines at the back of the seat. It can be custom made to high back too.... Only problem is, it's fabric and The Hubby wants leather! :bangwall:

84cd2580ce4e52a2e37ec095a3b7f7dc_zpsfdcb1f73.jpg

The Hubby likes this kind... Too chunky for me... But really quite comfortable! Hhahahaaa.... :thumbs up:

While browsing just now, i saw this... Going to check this out tomorrow! Pray that it's leather and high back (obviously NOT!) with wooden legs! :drunk:

c442cfa46ae57efae636617990a099e1_zps5765caf8.jpg

A Thousand Tales has a bigger store at Mohammed Sultan Road if I am not wrong. You should check out Second Charm also, they have sofas similar to those you saw at Room of Woods, some are vintage and restored, while some are reproduction pieces made from vintage teak.

Where did you see the grey sofa with option for high back? How much is it? Is Room of Woods having sale to clear stock?