Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aristotle

Disturbance From Neighbors(?) Upstairs

Hi all,

I apologize if this have been posted before. I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I'll try my luck anyhow.

Every night from 1030pm and usually through the night, missus and I hear sounds coming from the neighbors upstairs. Marble dropping, furniture shifting and stomping of legs.

I have read everything from scientific to phenomenal, from architects placing marbles to allow contraction and expansion to feeding of kumantong. I mean seriously, I understand that walls in HDB's pretty thin, we can hear them walking. But shifting of furniture (every night? seriously? how about afternoons?)

I'm neither scientific nor religious and before I start knocking on their doors, I would really hope some gurus here can shed some light on this 'century long' mystery. I realized that talking to the grassroots, HDB or police is almost pointless. So I've decided to get to the bottom of this myself.

We're not really disturbed and it does not really affect our lifestyle but it's something that we don't need in our everyday life.

I apologize if I sound offensive.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

I apologize if this have been posted before. I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I'll try my luck anyhow.

Every night from 1030pm and usually through the night, missus and I hear sounds coming from the neighbors upstairs. Marble dropping, furniture shifting and stomping of legs.

I have read everything from scientific to phenomenal, from architects placing marbles to allow contraction and expansion to feeding of kumantong. I mean seriously, I understand that walls in HDB's pretty thin, we can hear them walking. But shifting of furniture (every night? seriously? how about afternoons?)

I'm neither scientific nor religious and before I start knocking on their doors, I would really hope some gurus here can shed some light on this 'century long' mystery. I realized that talking to the grassroots, HDB or police is almost pointless. So I've decided to get to the bottom of this myself.

We're not really disturbed and it does not really affect our lifestyle but it's something that we don't need in our everyday life.

why dont u go upstair and talk to the neighbour and get some information about who living there and how and what kind of people they are , before the next move :unsure:

Edited by rayfox

Hi all,

Perhaps most fs fans here would say your house fs no good and suggest u engaging a sound fs master, can check with Ivy for the bad ones. Hypothetically can assumed those not in the list are the "sound" ones.

To me, your house is perfectly common (common doesn't mean normal hor). I experienced all these before, stopped for 3 yr+(condo), now I chose to blend in with these souns again(back to hdb), it is just up to one's tolerance bearing capacity....u know. When the mass experienced such and keep quite, you dare to voice up?, yup someone did before:

http://www.api.sg/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=95&Itemid=1

Worth noting, my 1st post in this forum was about those "verticle" stacks....Sincerely speaking, i asked the contractor to "disable" the pipes from basins of tiolets/kitchen and WC being connected to the main "verticle stack" which go all the ways up to roof top.

I don't "blent in" I disconnect myself from "them". In other words, the "bad gas" generated by me, I share with no one, I bear alone. ...Those generate by them, let them share among "each other".

Hi all,

Last time my grandma's house also got this. Grandma said just ignore. She said its true these sounds belong to those 'thingzzzz' but said ignore can already. Can't remember she mentioned a few don'ts

Hi all,

Finally, tot we were imagining things ourselves. My prev hse also hav such sounds exactly at 3am evryday. We tot the neighbour was doing shift and one day went up to confront them. To our surprised, they were all sleeping. Logically we also find that its funny how can children play marble evryday and around 3am. In fact before the confrontation, we were so used to the sounds that we had ignored it until our kid was abt 3 year old. That was when he kept coming out of his room pointed to the ceiling and asked me to see "ko ko" flying. So creepy, we sold our house.

Talking to those pple r pointless. We stopped when pple comment 'u crazy, where got such thing'.

Finally, tot we were imagining things ourselves. My prev hse also hav such sounds exactly at 3am evryday. We tot the neighbour was doing shift and one day went up to confront them. To our surprised, they were all sleeping. Logically we also find that its funny how can children play marble evryday and around 3am. In fact before the confrontation, we were so used to the sounds that we had ignored it until our kid was abt 3 year old. That was when he kept coming out of his room pointed to the ceiling and asked me to see "ko ko" flying. So creepy, we sold our house.

Talking to those pple r pointless. We stopped when pple comment 'u crazy, where got such thing'.

Your story is indeed creepy...

My apologies.

I've been busy and haven't been checking back.

Anyway, I've gotten used to the noises made upstairs and thanks for the different inputs. I've learned some new things.

Whether it's 'man made' or supernatural, I don't really care anymore. As long as it doesn't impact my daily life tremendously.

This just made my hair stand.

Not to be disrespectful to any religion but even if it's supernatural, so be it. I've experienced so much other things in life until even if it is a case of supernatural, I'll just sound it. if you know what i mean. I'm one that the unseen force don't want to mess with. the kinda reaction i will give is something "they" will least expect.

Edited by Aristotle

I have this problem too, and confronted the upstairs neighbour about it. Turns out that it is indeed their heavy-footed ways that caused the stomping noise. I can even hear the pots of plants being dragged around on their upper terrace. Nowadays the soundproofing of apartments is horrible, both HDB and pte.

This is really creepy, did your child ever fall sick?