Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
raylife

4Rm At Ghim Moh Link

Just like all the aspiring new home owners here, we are excited with our new flat at Ghim Moh Link.

We applied through March Balance Flat Sales, so considered to be quite late in getting the flat. Some neighbours have already stayed there for more than 10 months :-p

Talked with several IDs and finally confirm Russell from Inspire by D'Trenzo.

Wish a happy and smooth renovation journey!

Edited by raylife

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

What makes you choose D'Trenzo? I do not have the chance to talk to them yet, but they are in my shortlist.

What makes you choose D'Trenzo? I do not have the chance to talk to them yet, but they are in my shortlist.

recommended by a friend :-)

like the design and built-in cabinet

Will update you their services for your consideration, based on my renovation, :-p

Edited by raylife

As mentioned by some other posts, there are some difficulties in this 4rm layout design, like how to TV in the living room and wardrobe in the MBR... Also some existing facility is quite Ja La, such as the door to service yard OPEN inwards and block the fridge, sigh!

As mentioned by some other posts, there are some difficulties in this 4rm layout design, like how to TV in the living room and wardrobe in the MBR... Also some existing facility is quite Ja La, such as the door to service yard OPEN inwards and block the fridge, sigh!

Now that you mentioned, didn't realise the door swing inwards. Usually is saying outwards into the service yard. Maybe is because if it swings into the service yard, it hit your hanging clothes?

Now that you mentioned, didn't realise the door swing inwards. Usually is saying outwards into the service yard. Maybe is because if it swings into the service yard, it hit your hanging clothes?

Could be. Just a small flat, no better choice lah, haha...

BTW, I heard the glass door provided by HDB is not cheap.

Hello and welcome to the west side

Btw I from Clementi 1stn away from U :sport-smiley-004:

Hope to c your reno pics soon :yamseng:

Hello and welcome to the west side

Btw I from Clementi 1stn away from U :sport-smiley-004:

Hope to c your reno pics soon :yamseng:

Thanks!

Actually I have been stayed in the west side for more than 15 yrs,

Pasir Panjang, Hong Leong Garden,Chinese Garden,Queenstown...

like here, haha....

Clementi Casa is quite nice, convenient to many places. Enjoy!

Edited by raylife

last weekend went to Balestier to select the lights, kitchen and bathroom stuff with ID

Price is higher than market rate, but hope to get good quality and also to have excellent design from ID

waiting for his revised 3D drawing...

will upload if ready next week :-)

this weekend plan to visit new neighbors and inform them our renovation will start soon, haha...

Thanks!

Actually I have been stayed in the west side for more than 15 yrs,

Pasir Panjang, Hong Leong Garden,Chinese Garden,Queenstown...

like here, haha....

Clementi Casa is quite nice, convenient to many places. Enjoy!

Hiiii raylife!

I am your new neighbour st GMV! Just started my reno last week.. We have no ID. My partner is the ID lo... Haha

Every little things you got to make the decision. And he is spending so much time on research and from colleagues words of wisdome etc.

Are u in GMV facebook too? :D

Hiiii raylife!

I am your new neighbour st GMV! Just started my reno last week.. We have no ID. My partner is the ID lo... Haha

Every little things you got to make the decision. And he is spending so much time on research and from colleagues words of wisdome etc.

Are u in GMV facebook too? :D

Not in GMV facebook yet. :-) will check later

Finding an ID is to save time but cost more

If have time, I also will consider DIY....

Do you really need all 3 bedrooms? If you can spare 1, I suggest you may knock down the walls of the first bedroom to make living room bigger.

0V7qr.jpg

Cuz the layout is slightly different from other places where people can mount their TV on the wall near the living room window whereas this you can only mount on bomb shelter's wall.

My friend is living there and he has to put dining area adjacent to the living room window. Whatever food prepared in the kitchen has to cross the TV/sofa area and it's a real hassle.

Unless I absolutely need all 3 bedrooms, I would sacrifice 1 bedroom to make the living room bigger. It will look a lot spacious. But that's just me.

Do you really need all 3 bedrooms? If you can spare 1, I suggest you may knock down the walls of the first bedroom to make living room bigger.

0V7qr.jpg

Cuz the layout is slightly different from other places where people can mount their TV on the wall near the living room window whereas this you can only mount on bomb shelter's wall.

My friend is living there and he has to put dining area adjacent to the living room window. Whatever food prepared in the kitchen has to cross the TV/sofa area and it's a real hassle.

Unless I absolutely need all 3 bedrooms, I would sacrifice 1 bedroom to make the living room bigger. It will look a lot spacious. But that's just me.

Some ID also showed me some idea like that. As you mentioned, it is a good idea to extend the living room by hacking the wall.

But finally I gave up, because it is not a square room afte combining both and still feel like two seperate rooms. In addition, i need one more room for maid.

For some guy, maybe can hack the wall and install a glass wall aligned with living room windows, then the bedroom becomes a very nice study room :-)

Edited by raylife