Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jgal

Property Prices....

btw, you think it does not matter whether lh or fh if "good" location?

Location for a property is prime. LH and FH depends on your investment type. Are you looking at rental return or capital appreciation. If you are looking at primarily rental return, then does not matter LH or FH. LH will let you get back your capital earlier since the prices is generally lower. To get FH at good location, you will be paying a premium.

But you looking for capital appreciation,esp for own-stay, def FH will come right after location. Given there is no reducing lease. For FH , when you sell either through resale or enbloc, ur buyer does not need to "topup" or have bank restriction due to the shorter lease. Definitely, when you get a replacement unit, it will be abit the same as you have sold your unit. LH if you sell, you will be getting only a much smaller fraction of the $$ than the replacement unit in the same area / same size / same density.

But like i say, location is always the first. But you also need to know who are the residents. HDB and pte dwellers are different.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I do agree that ppty prices may not come down in the short term but if the government does not continue opening floodgates for foreigners or slowdown the influx of foreigners then prices may stagnate or start coming down. Resale pte ppty is more attractive as they tend to price it lower than the newer ppty and buyers do not have to wait till TOP to occupy them. But look at the number of pte units going TOP within the next few yrs. If foreigners does not come in by the big numbers then who will be the tenants?

But anyway pte and hdb pricing will still be related lah :) Both prices will move north together one. Its impossible that hdb price is stagnant or drops and pte prices keep going up.

I still feel that its a matter of waiting game when you do buy ppty. It can be 1yr, 3yr or even 5yrs. I myself have seen the ppty cycle up and down twice just that I do not have the moolah to purchase as I was quite young...:(

I think you failed to recognize the impact of inflation.

I think you failed to recognize the impact of inflation.

I agree on the inflation part. But that is unless ur $ is laying idle doing nothing. Lets assume inflation is 4-5% a year then 3 yrs will be 15%. but if housing prices do correct by assuming 30-40% that will make a big difference. Also if housing prices continue heading north do u think people can afford it? And most young couples now jump head in assume both are forever having a job. What if economy takes a downturn and one loses a job what will happen?

But of cos if one is getting married and needs a house its not practical to adopt a wait n see attitude as nobody knows for sure when will ppty prices finally come down. But from now till 2014 approx another 32k pte going TOP. But do we have the population to fill it unless that is if floodgated remain open.

I agree on the inflation part. But that is unless ur $ is laying idle doing nothing. Lets assume inflation is 4-5% a year then 3 yrs will be 15%. but if housing prices do correct by assuming 30-40% that will make a big difference. Also if housing prices continue heading north do u think people can afford it? And most young couples now jump head in assume both are forever having a job. What if economy takes a downturn and one loses a job what will happen?

But of cos if one is getting married and needs a house its not practical to adopt a wait n see attitude as nobody knows for sure when will ppty prices finally come down. But from now till 2014 approx another 32k pte going TOP. But do we have the population to fill it unless that is if floodgated remain open.

Year|Total Pop('000)| Resident('000)

2007|4,588.6 |3,583.1

2008|4,839.4 |3,642.7

2009|4,987.6 |3,733.9

2010|5,076.7 |3,771.7

2011|5,183.7 |3,789.3

It is silly to assume that the floodgate is closed. It's tighten and only "top" ppl are allow to enter. It does not mean that it's a smaller grp than before. Actually, singapore is becoming more and more attractive. As you see over the few years, the increase in pop ~ 20k yearly.. I think your 34k is easily absorb by 2014. Also given that majority of these 34k is smaller units, we may face a continue shortage of housing. HAving said that, not all house is equal. you will still have difficulty finding ppl/family who wants to stay in unpleasant location.

Also it's silly to assume that pty is funded by salary alone. That's only true for HDB. Real estate is used to hedge over inflation. Cost of building is raising. If you chose your location wisely, it will not drop 20-30%.

Edited by HappyHouse88

Ah...the inflation debate.

The happening of our lifetime, seize the opportunity, play the game well, and know when to get out when it ends.

One moment in time.

Enjoy!

Year|Total Pop('000)| Resident('000)

2007|4,588.6 |3,583.1

2008|4,839.4 |3,642.7

2009|4,987.6 |3,733.9

2010|5,076.7 |3,771.7

2011|5,183.7 |3,789.3

It is silly to assume that the floodgate is closed. It's tighten and only "top" ppl are allow to enter. It does not mean that it's a smaller grp than before. Actually, singapore is becoming more and more attractive. As you see over the few years, the increase in pop ~ 20k yearly.. I think your 34k is easily absorb by 2014. Also given that majority of these 34k is smaller units, we may face a continue shortage of housing. HAving said that, not all house is equal. you will still have difficulty finding ppl/family who wants to stay in unpleasant location.

Also it's silly to assume that pty is funded by salary alone. That's only true for HDB. Real estate is used to hedge over inflation. Cost of building is raising. If you chose your location wisely, it will not drop 20-30%.

Floodgate will not be closed fully this i agree. But if they tighten it do u think there will still be so many ppl coming here to rent the housing. Then r u also assuming there will

not be another economy downturn? The way i look at housing prices historically since 2000's even good locations drop 30% if there is another downturn.

5 yrs ago i viewed a condo unit opposite serangoon central and it came down to only 580k for a 1152sqft unit and now ppl r selling at $1.2mil. My 5-rm flat went up by 200k within 3 yrs. do u think this kind of rise in prices is sustainable?

The first to come is controlling shoebox units. Next to come if interest rates start going up or economy downturn?

And if u r saying pte ppty is not by salary too that is only for the super rich scale. For the common folks that purchase like $1.5mil or below kind of ppty prob still relies mainly on salary to fund their purchases.

Floodgate will not be closed fully this i agree. But if they tighten it do u think there will still be so many ppl coming here to rent the housing. Then r u also assuming there will

not be another economy downturn? The way i look at housing prices historically since 2000's even good locations drop 30% if there is another downturn.

5 yrs ago i viewed a condo unit opposite serangoon central and it came down to only 580k for a 1152sqft unit and now ppl r selling at $1.2mil. My 5-rm flat went up by 200k within 3 yrs. do u think this kind of rise in prices is sustainable?

Why not? Prices was too low and was overdue for correction then.

My 4rm went by 120% i.e.380k after 5 yrs (last yr)... Now valuation is almost 160% more than my buy price. It's all abt location, bro. If you chose your buy wisely, it will go up. So what it correct 30%, it's already higher than last yr price by 40% liao.

The first to come is controlling shoebox units. Next to come if interest rates start going up or economy downturn?

Of course, but do you know that interest rate will not be going up anytime soon not in the next 3 yrs.. by then , dun know how much prices goes up liao...

And economy downturn, watch the unemployment rate lah.. dun just hear say and think.. U think who confirm?

When unemployment and interest rate rate remain low, i dun see a 30-40% correction in the next 5 yrs.. after 5 yrs.. dun know how much pty would have appreciated liao..another 50%? by then a 30% fall will be insignificance liao.

And if u r saying pte ppty is not by salary too that is only for the super rich scale. For the common folks that purchase like $1.5mil or below kind of pty prob still relies mainly on salary to fund their purchases.

I guess you are not aware that many singaporean has secondary income from stock / bond/ investment. And they make up a signification contribution to their income.

Edited by HappyHouse88

Why not? Prices was too low and was overdue for correction then.

My 4rm went by 120% i.e.380k after 5 yrs (last yr)... Now valuation is almost 160% more than my buy price. It's all abt location, bro. If you chose your buy wisely, it will go up. So what it correct 30%, it's already higher than last yr price by 40% liao.

Of course, but do you know that interest rate will not be going up anytime soon not in the next 3 yrs.. by then , dun know how much prices goes up liao...

And economy downturn, watch the unemployment rate lah.. dun just hear say and think.. U think who confirm?

When unemployment and interest rate rate remain low, i dun see a 30-40% correction in the next 5 yrs.. after 5 yrs.. dun know how much pty would have appreciated liao..another 50%? by then a 30% fall will be insignificance liao.

I guess you are not aware that many singaporean has secondary income from stock / bond/ investment. And they make up a signification contribution to their income.

Is urs bto 4-rm or resale 4-rm? If bto at redhill, queenstown kind yes it can go up do much within 5 yrs. U know y unemployment rate went down? Cos those that gave up looking for jobs dropped out of the radar. Think u shld read the news in detail? Look at job creation crawling even after 2 rounds of QE.

I think wat Lauer said is rite. Get out b4 the game ends. Dnt be the last one babysitting.

U think i donno about stocks/bonds? But dont these need capital and do these capital come from ur salary first? Unless u r telling me u r a trader and do based on contra basis then u wouldnt need capital.

If u think ppty prices are going north then are u geting another pte ppty for investment now?

Is urs bto 4-rm or resale 4-rm? If bto at redhill, queenstown kind yes it can go up do much within 5 yrs. U know y unemployment rate went down? Cos those that gave up looking for jobs dropped out of the radar. Think u shld read the news in detail? Look at job creation crawling even after 2 rounds of QE.

Resale at these area, in 2006 is only 350k+ no need BTO to make $$..

http://business.asiaone.com/A1Business/General%2BNews/Story/A1Story20120914-371509.html

Long-term unemployment remained unchanged over the year at 0.7 per cent.

Can you see now ? What fall off the radar are you talking abt ? are you going to tell me most ppl are employed as taxi drivers.. :sport-smiley-004:

How to create job, when there is no staff ? I was told a few restaurants are not doing promotion because no staff, not no opening.

I think wat Lauer said is rite. Get out b4 the game ends. Dnt be the last one babysitting.

U think i donno about stocks/bonds? But dont these need capital and do these capital come from ur salary first? Unless u r telling me u r a trader and do based on contra basis then u wouldnt need capital.

Need but most pte owner would have gotten this capital in the first place.

If u think ppty prices are going north then are u geting another pte ppty for investment now?

Why not? dont you realised that there is alot activities this mth even though it's 7th mth.. next mth will be moving up again liao..

** disclaimer- i am not a agent. just doing a more objective view of the current property mkt**

Edited by HappyHouse88

Resale at these area, in 2006 is only 350k+ no need BTO to make $$..do you know your numbers.. or just "believe" what is spoonfed to you.

http://business.asiaone.com/A1Business/General%2BNews/Story/A1Story20120914-371509.html

Long-term unemployment remained unchanged over the year at 0.7 per cent.

Can you see now ? What fall off the radar are you talking abt ?

Need but most pte owner would have gotten this capital in the first place.

Why not? dont you realised that there is alot activities this mth even though it's 7th mth.. next mth will be moving up again liao..

** disclaimer- i am not a agent. just doing a more objective view of the current property mkt**

Aiyo u looking at SG niah ah. The impt thing is bigger picture. Got time read CNBC news lah. I talking abt US unemployment rate ok?

Aiyo u looking at SG niah ah. The impt thing is bigger picture. Got time read CNBC news lah. I talking abt US unemployment rate ok?

PPL talk abt singapore mkt. You talk abt US .QE3 is abt $$ flowing ard the world causing inflation in all assets..... btw, US housing prices is going up also. :disturb:

Edited by HappyHouse88

PPL talk abt singapore mkt. You talk abt US .QE3 is abt $$ flowing ard the world causing inflation in all assets..... btw, US housing prices is going up also. :disturb:

Singapore mkt rely on external forces. Can singapore mkt survive on its own? I guess u must gave bought pte ppty liow since u say prices moving north? Time will tell if QE3 works. Lol

Its great that you come to a point that you go no other creditable rebuts except to say that cos' i have vested interest.

Wah congrats on having an additional pte ppty woh. U r rich and smarter lah. So what can i say? Lol

U teach me which pte one to buy now lah or which one u bought and at wat price? Gd things must share n teach others mah

Edited by BlurryKid

Err...sorry BK that's not what I meant (the verbs are in present tense?).

Let me put it this way; when a sensible person like you can argue in a relatively coherent manner why prices shall fall, then the market is not toppish.

On the other hand, when a sensible person, not necessarily you, thinks or believes that prices will forever go up, then it should be time to start thinking of getting out.

Cheers!

Edited by Lauer