Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Batman

Buying Lights From Taobao

Wow.. very happy to read about the experiences everyone has had with taobao, I've been browsing for stuff for very long but wasn't sure if it was reliable/ cheaper/ safe etc! Now i think i am definitely taking the plunge... uh oh, bank account will be very sad for the next few mths!

I have some newbie questions though:

- What is the difference between taobao, tmall (and the other similar variations)

taobao is individual seller if not wrong, tmall is merchandiser or company as seller

- How do I go about registering for an account (based in sg) then source for the cheap/reliable agents? Are there restrictions e.g. if I enter my details as in Singapore, I can't order/ purchase items?

Easy to register but hard to unlock your Alipay as it has some restrictions

- Is there a time limit to consolidate purchases through shipping agents?

Not sure, i buy myself and send in directly from China with my shipper there.

- Are most of the 'branded' items (e.g electrical stuff, kitchen/bath fittings) authentic or just knock offs (e.g. eames chairs are obviously fake...)

Good questions, as we know alot items are MIC now. Many come out with OEM etc.

There're a term call 原单 meaning they use original leftover material to produce same things as original but not invoice and documented..therefore not listed as "original" but quality etc is all the same. Quite hard to explain in this part.

Sorry for soooo many questions! TIA to fellow RT forummers for helping me out! :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

btw if agent quoted too expensive, i can help but give me abit kopi money..lol takes me 2mins to order only..

my price confirm no one can fight..haha! shipping is 5x cheaper than local agent and airfreight is 50% what normally people quote

hard to find taobao fans and believe in MIC stuffs..lol

Hi Acquit (or anyone who has bought bed frame from China), are their mattress dimensions the same as what we have here? I want a queen size mattress and the standard dimensions are 152cm x 190cm. However, the dimensions for bed frames in China are 150 x 190cm or 150 x 200 cm. Would my mattress fit if I buy the 150 x 190?

Hi Acquit (or anyone who has bought bed frame from China), are their mattress dimensions the same as what we have here? I want a queen size mattress and the standard dimensions are 152cm x 190cm. However, the dimensions for bed frames in China are 150 x 190cm or 150 x 200 cm. Would my mattress fit if I buy the 150 x 190?

frame i dun noe coz never buy before..13th my vanity set arrive..kan cheong..haha

per kg over 11kg is $4.50 a kg, if not average below 10kg is $7 a kg..

shipping per cubic metre HxWxL is 180sgd but tax and clearing fee exlude,receiver paid upon receive to courier..definitely cheaper u see outside,i workout their calculation is 5x cheaper if base on HxWxL/6000 x 3+ a kg..for eg 1mx1mx1m is 180sgd..agent is 1000000cm cubic/6000 x $3+ about close to $600

all to doorstep

Have anyone bought ceiling lights from TB before? Possible to do a review and your experience? How do you install the lights when it reaches SG, DIY or engage someone to do so?

we are planning to get some stuffs from taobao but do not know exactly how does it work.

-first we look for the item we would like to buy

-place the order, and ask the seller to send to my forwarder (Q: how do i make payment? since i do not have China credit card etc.?)

-my forwarder will then receive the goods and send them to me

thank you.

Hi acquit,

Am looking for roller blinds contact... any chance you can PM me the details? really appreciate it

I bought blinds from qoo10. Quality n shipping was good n fast

anyone knows how to search for track lights in taobao?

Do a search for 轨道灯.

I thought of getting from taobao too. But after factoring agent and shipping costs, it will be only slighty cheaper than in singapore, but more expensive than JB.

Do a search for 轨道灯.

I thought of getting from taobao too. But after factoring agent and shipping costs, it will be only slighty cheaper than in singapore, but more expensive than JB.

Hi, thanks for that.

Oh that sucks. Was thinking of getting most of track lights and taps/toilet accessories from taobao. Wonder if there are any spreadsheets around to calculate the final price? There's quite a mathematical formula to it and I'm afraid I might get it wrong and get shocked by the final price. Furthermore 65daigou requires a full listed payment before they order the stuff. Not very secure.

Edited by wowach