Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HaiDeChen

3 Roomer In Potong Pasir

Think we are using the same grills. As I'm staying at the topmost floor, I'm only installing the grills at the common corridor sides. MBR n kitchen no grills ;)

Sigh, i never thought about how wonderful it feels without grills until the original ones were removed..was getting used to the feel of the house, now with grills it just feels smaller. but no choice..die die have to live with it.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yah i know those are more industrial but I'm not a fan of dark colour or stainless steel countertop. Maybe just stick to using the wire mesh door for door cabinet only :P

And no, not going for cement screed walls. Should be using white subway tiles as backsplash and small exposed wall in the kitchen.

I mean your tiles are cement-like right? :) anyway, countertops got loads of different shades, sure can find something you like! advantage of white, got mess u sure can see, black...die die must clean coz dunno got mess or not. haha

Sigh, i never thought about how wonderful it feels without grills until the original ones were removed..was getting used to the feel of the house, now with grills it just feels smaller. but no choice..die die have to live with it.

Urs is at lower floor, so better to hv grills to be safe. I'm ok wif no grills at MBR n kitchen cos these sides shld be safe since I'm at 12th floor..

Getting used to the grills already. Plus it looks pretty nice from outside the flat!

WP_20121231_023_zpsb733f925.jpg

WP_20121231_025_zpsa1857c1f.jpg

Arrived this morning at my flat and was very happy to see all the carpentry being installed...as well as the lights and my haiku fan. Yay!

WP_20121231_002_zps2c077724.jpg

WP_20121231_021_zpsa5d48e08.jpg

Contractor also had to install my island hood....not easy...especially since my ceiling/beam and flooring not even one.

WP_20121231_022_zps7e90c480.jpg

Sat around and watched everyone work for a while...the detail that goes into pasting a laminate and finishing electrical points, wow, one laminate takes so long to paste on, sanding and sanding the edges again to get it straight....sheesh.

most exciting was when my lights went up...been very scared of how everything will look, just cannot visualise how lights will make the place feel....glad to report it feels extremely homey! :)

Specially bought bulbs:

WP_20121231_006_zps66f6970f.jpg

First 2 dining table lights up!

WP_20121231_030_zps758ea0f2.jpg

All three are up! View from the lights left:

WP_20121231_031_zps1ee1eede.jpg

And View from the right:

WP_20121231_032_zpsc9fa5d93.jpg

and when it's lit up! YAY!

WP_20121231_035_zpsa178fcdb.jpg

the spotlights are actually warm lights, the bulbs are warm white.

now only having issues with inner living room lights and bedroom lights a bit dark ... but those areas don't really need to be lit...

and of course the lovely haiku fan..super silent operation even at highest speed....and quite cooling too!

735967_4671942549554_511610893_o_zps84c82355.jpg

how much you paid for the haiku fan?

the spotlights are actually warm lights, the bulbs are warm white.

now only having issues with inner living room lights and bedroom lights a bit dark ... but those areas don't really need to be lit...

Er, I know it's subjective, but do you find the warm white a tad yellowish? Thinking if I should go with warm white or daylight for my new place... My current home's warm white is too yellowish to my liking. Then again, I heard different brands' warm white do varies, and Philips gives the most accurate colour temperature.

If too dark, can buy higher wattage bulb? That grafunkt light ah?

i think there is warm, warm white and daylight no? i'm also super confused. i'm going for the in between one, the one that is not too white and the one that is not too yellow. i think it's called warm white (so not sure)....anyway, my take is buy something where u can change the light bulb, so don't like just change. :) my living area is actually a mixture of lights, mostly is warm white, but my dining bulbs are all just white.

the grafunkt lights are not my main lights...i using LED down lights, 2 per room, probably not enough.

i think there is warm, warm white and daylight no? i'm also super confused. i'm going for the in between one, the one that is not too white and the one that is not too yellow. i think it's called warm white (so not sure)....anyway, my take is buy something where u can change the light bulb, so don't like just change. :) my living area is actually a mixture of lights, mostly is warm white, but my dining bulbs are all just white.

the grafunkt lights are not my main lights...i using LED down lights, 2 per room, probably not enough.

Yes, I think there is warm, warm white and daylight. So yours should be warm white.

I intend to change all my downlights, there are quite a number of them, better be safe than sorry!

Have a fabulous 2013! :jammin: