Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SeirenGrey

Finally, Our 愛巢...

Your budget of 25k definitely possible for 3 room but 5 room a bit difficult unless you don't hack or change flooring. Just be careful of those that can fit your budget to be sure no hidden items. Buy less furniture loh... Those slowly can add but reno do at one go then less troublesome in future.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Took some photos when we went to exercise our OTP at seller's...

Living Room

6CF0C778-0480-432C-B2D5-46FEB367C136-7615-00000F6140515CE4.jpg

Store cum shoe cabinet area next to our main door

71B60152-7E88-45B5-BAC1-B6E7B7CDC6BF-7615-00000F6166E313A0.jpg

Dining area cum entrance to kitchen

61466108-EBE3-4DB8-89D1-9B8D1A8EFE12-7615-00000F614B69B5A4.jpg

After entering the kitchen... Still no idea what to do with that area! Maybe just do some shelves/cabinets for storage.

F45F525E-866A-42B4-8C91-C25F138B2FD0-7615-00000F612D4DD083.jpg

Main part of the kitchen... meticulous owners have child locks everywhere! *thumbs up*

B29D3644-AA18-4D25-B034-E239513721B8-7615-00000F611B68B4A8.jpg

The other end of the kitchen...

2A31CA1A-ED14-4060-91DC-DCDAFB7C64A0-7615-00000F6125E522F5.jpg

Entrance to MBR

66A3CC0D-308F-46AA-9300-8F6747614F26-7615-00000F60E5A53D4A.jpg

WIW (outside)

2BDBBFDE-DF12-409C-B43D-0FC1DF0C2CC1-7615-00000F6135CE4AAC.jpg

WIW (inside)

663E1F52-57DD-429E-A033-EE917BA36A39-7615-00000F6107361796.jpg

Bed area (iphone no widescreen, could only take this part... opp the beds there's a wall with console and TV, and ample walking space in between)

ACD6876D-ECC9-4E49-AC48-0102D10A104D-7615-00000F60FE60C617.jpg

One of the two common bedrooms... the other one (entertainment room) is more squarish, this one is more rectangular "longish".

14FE4E91-F143-4F0D-A013-DAD0BC782A9B-7615-00000F60DB59EAE5.jpg

The guest toilet... someone was using MBR toilet at that point of time so didn't manage to take pic lol

CCF10491-69F5-4686-A211-D57C46DBE20A-7615-00000F60C3840191.jpg

Your budget of 25k definitely possible for 3 room but 5 room a bit difficult unless you don't hack or change flooring. Just be careful of those that can fit your budget to be sure no hidden items. Buy less furniture loh... Those slowly can add but reno do at one go then less troublesome in future.

Thanks for your advice! :) I guess some compromises still have to be made for your dream house... >.<"

At the same time must work harder for $$ too, hopefully can get a good increment/bonus! haha :P

Thanks for your advice! :) I guess some compromises still have to be made for your dream house... >.<"

At the same time must work harder for $$ too, hopefully can get a good increment/bonus! haha :P

Just curious keke...the seller allow you to take photos while they are still living in the house ah?

When's your appointment? My agent is submitting for me tomorrow morning, the earliest dates are late Nov... really very late! D:

I was told that my key collection dates are in the first week of Jan and that makes me very excited... hee!

We managed to get an appointment the first week of November! We're quite close to each other in terms of key collection date then :D Can only hope that HDB doesn't drag and that the 2nd appointment is 6 weeks later instead of the maximum 8 weeks :bleah:

Was kinda hoping we could renovate and move in before CNY 2013. But we knew it was a stretch. Met a few IDs so far, and most say it's impossible to complete by Feb 2013, considering we're getting our keys late this year or early next year. Oh well! Hope you have more luck! Planning to move in before CNY 2013? :)

Just curious keke...the seller allow you to take photos while they are still living in the house ah?

Yeah they allowed... :P

We managed to get an appointment the first week of November! We're quite close to each other in terms of key collection date then :D Can only hope that HDB doesn't drag and that the 2nd appointment is 6 weeks later instead of the maximum 8 weeks :bleah:

Was kinda hoping we could renovate and move in before CNY 2013. But we knew it was a stretch. Met a few IDs so far, and most say it's impossible to complete by Feb 2013, considering we're getting our keys late this year or early next year. Oh well! Hope you have more luck! Planning to move in before CNY 2013? :)

I think the 6 to 8 weeks isn't dependent on HDB's schedule... Can choose de, the 6 to 8 weeks is for seller to move out + time for your lawyer to settle your legal stuff. My seller agreed to move out on the first week of Jan... 4th, if I remember correctly! :)

Nope, not planning to move in before CNY... don't want contractors to do rush job resulting in bad worksmanship, not worth it too. :D plus don't feel ready to receive guests!! want to settle in first hehe

I think the 6 to 8 weeks isn't dependent on HDB's schedule... Can choose de, the 6 to 8 weeks is for seller to move out + time for your lawyer to settle your legal stuff. My seller agreed to move out on the first week of Jan... 4th, if I remember correctly! :)

Nope, not planning to move in before CNY... don't want contractors to do rush job resulting in bad worksmanship, not worth it too. :D plus don't feel ready to receive guests!! want to settle in first hehe

Oh! I didn't know the 2nd appointment date was "flexible"! I shall remember to ask the seller when I next meet them to get a rough estimate of how long they would need to move out. We didn't hire a lawyer though. There's an option to let HDB do that for us right?

Oh! I didn't know the 2nd appointment date was "flexible"! I shall remember to ask the seller when I next meet them to get a rough estimate of how long they would need to move out. We didn't hire a lawyer though. There's an option to let HDB do that for us right?

Yup, I have a lawyer because I'm getting bank loan.

If HDB loan, your waiting time might be even shorter... my bestie's 2nd appt was only 4 weeks after her 1st. :dancingqueen:

If HDB loan, your waiting time might be even shorter... my bestie's 2nd appt was only 4 weeks after her 1st. :dancingqueen:

Woohoo! Hopefully :sport-smiley-004:

The wait to the 1st appt is such a pain, isn't it :bleah:

Woohoo! Hopefully :sport-smiley-004:

The wait to the 1st appt is such a pain, isn't it :bleah:

I know righttttt~ So restless! :bangwall:

My hubby said that I'm too excited about the house, I've already lost interest in all my wedding prep! zz

if take bank loan, then the 2nd appt have to be at least 6 weeks cos lawyer need time to work with hdb and bank. but if hdb loan, then very fast, 4 weeks is the norm provided both parties also hdb loan

I know righttttt~ So restless! :bangwall:

My hubby said that I'm too excited about the house, I've already lost interest in all my wedding prep! zz

haha! shouldn't you be excited about wedding preps too? I don't have that to think about because we're keeping it very very small. So I'm totally restless because I just keep thinking about the house! :P

still eagerly waiting for first appointment!!