Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SeirenGrey

Finally, Our 愛巢...

I opted for the most high-end range of the Berry flooring, therefore the price.

I do know of HERF but I like the feel of the Berry laminates... heard Quick Step is good too but no chance to go look see.

I was about to confirm Berry too but hold back cause saw the HERF and the price is about there and HERF do feel like wood too so I go ahead with HERF. This is what I opted for:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi.

For my reno, I am also considering Op 2, ie. overlay living/dining and bedroom floors to save cost and time, though many IDs advised us to hack everything to avoid any problems in future.

Like chezph and multi888, I am going for Evorich's HERF flooring. Our main reasons are for waterproofing, the padded feel of HERF vs laminate, and the smaller thickness (5mm)as floor height is something of a concern when we overlay.

Btw, how much are you quoted for the Berry laminates?

Met Mr Yeak from Basic Image & Design at his office yesterday and we discussed on more detailed requirements... Quotation costs went up and we're a little worried about the budget. :( Sigh! He's really nice though, and his work (from his showcase) looked pretty good. We'll see.

Next, we're going to meet Russell from Inspire by D'trenzo. So far we have only liaised by phone but I liked his service... He's very detailed and gave me points of consideration which I have never thought about before. Not bad. His indicative quotation looks quite reasonable too.

Currently awaiting a quotation from another ID, recommended by our flooring supplier Wood Culture.

Edited by SeirenGrey

I was about to confirm Berry too but hold back cause saw the HERF and the price is about there and HERF do feel like wood too so I go ahead with HERF. This is what I opted for:

Yeah... Now too late for regrets too, already paid $1.8k for down payment.

Met Russell from Inspire by D'trenzo! We couldn't make time to go to his office/showroom at Balestier so he came all the way to my hubby's house. :dancingqueen:

We only meet IDs/contractors after getting at least indicative quotations to get an idea of how much they charge and how detailed their quotation is (those which have obvious hidden costs, I just skip!), and Russell was only the 2nd ID we met.

I like the fact that he's very detailed and transparent about potential costs when going through the quotation. Gave pretty good suggestions when it comes to space planning too. His quote is reasonable, and we decided to top up additional carpentry items... quotation went up to about 25k to 27k. Still manageable I guess, just that we need to eat grass for awhile. 90% sure that we're going to confirm with him! Hope we can confirm his services by end of this week, looking through his final quote now.

EXCITED!!! :yamseng:

My current dilemma is whether to construct a concrete slab below the sink for support/if got water seepage won't spoil the cabinet, which was recommended by Mr Yeak but discouraged by Russell because there'll be a gap on the solid surface top which encourages water seepage and ants.

:jawdrop:

HAhahaha more nervous to death than excited actually! I'm VERY excited about the first appointment this Friday though! :sport-smiley-004:

After lurking + surfing around for awhile, we more or less confirmed on getting a contractor instead. Meeting Mr Yeak from Basic Image & Design this Saturday!

Meeting Mr K as well, but he's only free from Dec onwards... :unsure: My wedding is mid-Dec so it's impossible to meet early Dec... meet late Dec also like very rushed because I'm getting my keys in early Jan.. :unsure:

Hi!!

Congrats to your resale at purchase...guess you must staying very near to JP?

Would you be able to PM the contacts for Mr Yeak and Mr K please?

Thanks lots!!!

Met Russell from Inspire by D'trenzo! We couldn't make time to go to his office/showroom at Balestier so he came all the way to my hubby's house. :dancingqueen:

We only meet IDs/contractors after getting at least indicative quotations to get an idea of how much they charge and how detailed their quotation is (those which have obvious hidden costs, I just skip!), and Russell was only the 2nd ID we met.

I like the fact that he's very detailed and transparent about potential costs when going through the quotation. Gave pretty good suggestions when it comes to space planning too. His quote is reasonable, and we decided to top up additional carpentry items... quotation went up to about 25k to 27k. Still manageable I guess, just that we need to eat grass for awhile. 90% sure that we're going to confirm with him! Hope we can confirm his services by end of this week, looking through his final quote now.

EXCITED!!! :yamseng:

My current dilemma is whether to construct a concrete slab below the sink for support/if got water seepage won't spoil the cabinet, which was recommended by Mr Yeak but discouraged by Russell because there'll be a gap on the solid surface top which encourages water seepage and ants.

:jawdrop:

Did the ID explain why there will be a gap on solid surface top which encourages water seepage? Cos i plan to use concrete base for the above reason mentioned. Thanks.

Hi!!

Congrats to your resale at purchase...guess you must staying very near to JP?

Would you be able to PM the contacts for Mr Yeak and Mr K please?

Thanks lots!!!

Thanks!! Yes, super near!

PMed you. :)

Did the ID explain why there will be a gap on solid surface top which encourages water seepage? Cos i plan to use concrete base for the above reason mentioned. Thanks.

Nope... I never ask in detail. I asked another friend who said "you like lor, murphy's law... whatever will spoil, will still spoil." :dunno: I could ask again.

Okay, finally signed the dotted line with Inspire by D'trenzo. Picking out tiles and stuff this Sunday, and they'll rush out my 3D drawings before CNY!

Deciding factor: Feel quite comfortable with the ID, lots of two-way communication which I enjoy and appreciate, reviews are not bad, price is reasonable - not my cheapest quote but detailed enough... in fact we went /slightly/ over budget (worth it!). Amounts up to approximately 30k including electrical works.

:dancingqueen:

And the fun part begins!

Edited by SeirenGrey

My parents-in-law are sponsoring a refrigerator as our house-warming gift! :)

8FCC5980-4FC4-4AA3-B81F-AF735D822A73-569-0000005F99BF9AE3.jpg

Our laminates' sales guy from Wood Culture brought us to one of his customer's WIP project last week to have a look, because that particular customer picked the same colour/range of laminate as ours!

738C198F-EA51-4A00-A75E-1595C1188299-569-0000006025405754.jpg

Looks good! I like! :dribble:

Our laminates' sales guy from Wood Culture brought us to one of his customer's WIP project last week to have a look, because that particular customer picked the same colour/range of laminate as ours!

738C198F-EA51-4A00-A75E-1595C1188299-569-0000006025405754.jpg

Looks good! I like! :dribble:

Looks similar to the flooring we're using for our first floor! Or maybe it's just me generalizing again :P

Enjoy your renovation!

Was agonising over heaters last night, because I prefer using instant heater (lesser pipes) but I really want a rain shower... I don't like storage tanks because they take quite awhile to heat up which is a pain because I wake up late every morning - no time to wait for hot water! Then there's citygas heaters but I don't like to see so many pipes running up the wall... :bleah: I'm very 'ti-ki', I know. haha

And after some intensive googling, I found a great solution!

smart_banner.jpg

Alpha Smart 18 instant heater that comes with a rainshower set. :dribble: Realised my spa place uses this heater too, so I know it's good, lol! Have been using them all the while but didn't look at the brand. Note to self to get this when buying toilet stuff this weekend! :)