Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lancified

Our Cosy Hideout!

Been following your blog and I must agree with the masses that you have really done your homework PLUS knowledgeable in a lot of ways...

I'm getting my keys next year and am trying my best to do my homework as early as possible so a big THANK YOU for sharing and would love to see more photos please :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Really really adore ur tblog.... Very informative...

I realise some of my quotes received are missing the ABS thingy. Need to highlight to the IDs and see whether there will be revision of price quotes anot.

Been following your blog and I must agree with the masses that you have really done your homework PLUS knowledgeable in a lot of ways...

I'm getting my keys next year and am trying my best to do my homework as early as possible so a big THANK YOU for sharing and would love to see more photos please :yamseng:

No problem, thanks!

My lightings and fans are up! but too excited forgot to take pictures. Will do so tonight :)

Really really adore ur tblog.... Very informative...

I realise some of my quotes received are missing the ABS thingy. Need to highlight to the IDs and see whether there will be revision of price quotes anot.

Yea the ABS trimmings are really important. without them is like placing food in a ziplock bag without closing the zip.

Do insist on this!

i just wanted to say thank you for your informative posts, especially around the carpentry bit. :good: good to see that ur reno is going well !

too bad i have already picked my a/c and bathroom stuff before i came across your post. :rolleyes: for those of you like me, who don't have a car and cannot go across to JB to buy stuff, having combed jln besar and balestier (and ubi etc etc), the cheapest place in SG to get ur bathroom stuff is really royal fanco at jln besar. none of the other places' prices come close, imo. the only problem is you end up ordering off a catalog most times so this means, do ur homework and "tour" the other places like hoe kee etc first, then go down and order. :sport-smiley-018:

i think another point that u made is very true - time to do homework. my ID told me that what i did with him over the space of about a month (and that's only for design), most ppl do within 2-3 weeks, including buying all the sanitarywares etc. i had the luxury of using about 3-4 mths to talk to my ID, shop around for everything (u had like a year ! :jawdrop: ) - this is not something everyone will have.

so to echo ur advice, i would really advise everyone to set aside at least about 2-3 weekends (more if u're not the decisive type) to really shop around and check out the various places in SG. at least picking out the various items will not be a rushed decision and there will be less stuff to regret later on. :D

Hi everyone,

While waiting for my wife to wake up and go collect our kitchen sink and all other toilet accessories, I thought that I should share a little on how I saved on my toilet accessories. This is no joke, my toilet accessories should have easily cost over $2k but i'm really glad that after studying and understanding how the industry work, I managed to cut all the unnecessary middle man and got them for cheap!

I have surveyed all shops in SG, from balestier stretch to jalan besar, to even those shops that my ID recommend, say got special discount... basically, it's all a major scam. I understand that in SG, rental is expensive, manpower is expensive, taxes are heavy. I also understand that businesses must earn to survive. But take a look at the prices of the things i bought:

Kitchen sink 45cm x 45cm x 20cm (this is thick metal, not those that will warp and change shape after u pour boiling water)

ksslsr4545ss1.th.jpg

The best price is saw after walking balestier = SGD$599. Price that I bought it for = $210.

Kitchen faucet/tap (stainless steel, with mixer and pull out)

kitchentap.th.jpg

Best price in SG saw at jalan besar = $190. I paid $70.

Basin and tap for wife's vainity counter (basin is 50cm x 36cm, tap is 31cm high stainless steel)

bafsb5036w1024x768.th.jpg

kstgb218300186x300.th.jpg

We only saw the price of the basin, and we were so disgusted we don't even looked for the tap. SG price $380

My price for basin+tap+pop up drain pipe (stainless steel also!) = $150

Not to mention heaters, mirror cabinet, bidet sprays, stainless steel glass shelving for toilets, kitchen counter rails. I spent less than $700 when I could have easily exceeded $2k. I bought all my stuff from different retailers and some from online.

The items are all made overseas, but sometimes u see different brands on them even though they look the same. This is called OEM. the factory produces the design, the retailer buys them in bulk and and stamps their "italian branding" on it. If you go to balestier, u see many shops advertising made in italy/germany and all the crap. All rubbish. Do they think we were born yesterday? It's like putting a BMW logo on a proton and advertised it as made in germany.

I'll gladly share all my contacts, please PM me if you guys need them.

Hi, can share with us where you got your kitchen faucet and toilet accessories from?

Many many thanks!

Reno progess and new items arrival!

White roller blinds for 2 common rooms - look like this but white in colour

Combi_blind.jpg

We also going to buy this kind of blind in white color .. Hope the end result turn out good ~

• Like 1

Hi there, can pm on the contact of where to get the basin and tap???

Thank you,

Devian

Hi everyone,

While waiting for my wife to wake up and go collect our kitchen sink and all other toilet accessories, I thought that I should share a little on how I saved on my toilet accessories. This is no joke, my toilet accessories should have easily cost over $2k but i'm really glad that after studying and understanding how the industry work, I managed to cut all the unnecessary middle man and got them for cheap!

I have surveyed all shops in SG, from balestier stretch to jalan besar, to even those shops that my ID recommend, say got special discount... basically, it's all a major scam. I understand that in SG, rental is expensive, manpower is expensive, taxes are heavy. I also understand that businesses must earn to survive. But take a look at the prices of the things i bought:

Kitchen sink 45cm x 45cm x 20cm (this is thick metal, not those that will warp and change shape after u pour boiling water)

ksslsr4545ss1.th.jpg

The best price is saw after walking balestier = SGD$599. Price that I bought it for = $210.

Kitchen faucet/tap (stainless steel, with mixer and pull out)

kitchentap.th.jpg

Best price in SG saw at jalan besar = $190. I paid $70.

Basin and tap for wife's vainity counter (basin is 50cm x 36cm, tap is 31cm high stainless steel)

bafsb5036w1024x768.th.jpg

kstgb218300186x300.th.jpg

We only saw the price of the basin, and we were so disgusted we don't even looked for the tap. SG price $380

My price for basin+tap+pop up drain pipe (stainless steel also!) = $150

Not to mention heaters, mirror cabinet, bidet sprays, stainless steel glass shelving for toilets, kitchen counter rails. I spent less than $700 when I could have easily exceeded $2k. I bought all my stuff from different retailers and some from online.

The items are all made overseas, but sometimes u see different brands on them even though they look the same. This is called OEM. the factory produces the design, the retailer buys them in bulk and and stamps their "italian branding" on it. If you go to balestier, u see many shops advertising made in italy/germany and all the crap. All rubbish. Do they think we were born yesterday? It's like putting a BMW logo on a proton and advertised it as made in germany.

I'll gladly share all my contacts, please PM me if you guys need them.