Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bleucheeze

When Industrial Meets Mid Century Mod

Your dining bench / chairs will be placed in the recessed area of the wall? It does seem quite big on a second look. I also recall that your table is quite 'slim' and if your bookshelves are 'slim' and the tracks are directly above them, then perhaps it should be ok. Furthermore your cute red lamps are not big so won't look cumbersome.

Yes, will place the dining bench into the recessed area of that wall on the left! My table is not very big la, 140 x 90. I really like that fan! But must go see the real thing first. Sekali it's very ex, then no need think about it liao :sport-smiley-018:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I will be creating a doorway between my master bedroom and walk-in wardrobe to join them together. Both rooms are separate currently and there is air-con in each room. I am concerned about air-con "spilling" over to the other room if I were to on one of the air-cons. If I use a curtain as some sort of door at the doorway, can this effectively prevent the air-con "spillover" effect?

Edited by bleucheeze

while a curtain will help, nothing beats a solid wall..

there will still be some "spillover" you just have to gauge what you will deem acceptable..

maybe if you on the aircon the whole day, the other room will also be cool (how much also depends on how thick your curtains will be)..

while a curtain will help, nothing beats a solid wall..

there will still be some "spillover" you just have to gauge what you will deem acceptable..

maybe if you on the aircon the whole day, the other room will also be cool (how much also depends on how thick your curtains will be)..

So door will be more effective compared to curtain right? I don't have the habit of using air-con when I sleep, only need it when I put makeup in the morning :P

hi bleucheeze, congrats (a little belated) on ur key collection. finally can get into full swing of reno soon huh! :yamseng:

paiseh to ask, urs a condo? very nice liao & very little u need to do liao compared to re-sale HDBs..:( but can read that u r gonna do up quite a fair bit to transform it into the theme u like? njoy! :thumbs up:

So door will be more effective compared to curtain right? I don't have the habit of using air-con when I sleep, only need it when I put makeup in the morning :P

yes, door will be more effective.

but, since you are only going to be using it when you put your makeup, a curtain should suffice..

hi bleucheeze, congrats (a little belated) on ur key collection. finally can get into full swing of reno soon huh! :yamseng:

paiseh to ask, urs a condo? very nice liao & very little u need to do liao compared to re-sale HDBs..:( but can read that u r gonna do up quite a fair bit to transform it into the theme u like? njoy! :thumbs up:

Thanks! No leh, it's resale condo, the carpentry is not in the best condition and design of kitchen is very outdated, so I changing all carpentry stuff except bathrooms! :sport-smiley-003:

yes, door will be more effective.

but, since you are only going to be using it when you put your makeup, a curtain should suffice..

:dancingqueen:

Thanks! No leh, it's resale condo, the carpentry is not in the best condition and design of kitchen is very outdated, so I changing all carpentry stuff except bathrooms! :sport-smiley-003:

i've got my keys too!

camping here for your updates!

Good lah to re-do it to ur liking.. Most importantly must feel shiok staying there.. :good: Looking forward to following ur journey!

Yeah, mine is also an older resale condo and while it's pretty well-maintained for its age, the bathrooms and kitchen are somewhat dated hence fairly extensive reno required.

As for the vento fino fan, I think it's really cute and will be good if you can successfully work it into your dining area!

i've got my keys too!

camping here for your updates!

Congrats on getting keys!

Good lah to re-do it to ur liking.. Most importantly must feel shiok staying there.. :good: Looking forward to following ur journey!

I am looking forward to the reno process too! Hacking starts tomorrow!

Yeah, mine is also an older resale condo and while it's pretty well-maintained for its age, the bathrooms and kitchen are somewhat dated hence fairly extensive reno required.

As for the vento fino fan, I think it's really cute and will be good if you can successfully work it into your dining area!

Vento Fino is cute but price is not! Amasco quoted me $488 :blink: I may go for a retro looking table fan instead, place it on ikea step stool, me think will look quite nice but not sure if the fan power is strong enough when placed near my bookshelves.

Went down our place after work tonight to see how well-lit current lights is. We wanna change all the downlights to new ones, and add on a few lights at selected areas. How do u all gauge how many downlights and what wattage are sufficient ah?

And hacking starts tomorrow! :sport-smiley-003:

Went down our place after work tonight to see how well-lit current lights is. We wanna change all the downlights to new ones, and add on a few lights at selected areas. How do u all gauge how many downlights and what wattage are sufficient ah?

And hacking starts tomorrow! :sport-smiley-003:

Its a very individual taste. So far all my girl friends love the mood setting lightings and guys generally prefer it bright. The guy at the lighting shop made some recomrndation and allowed me to change the walttage of the bulbs, and even allowed me to change a LED light I bought for my bedroom to the energy saving tracklight.

I went to my flat with a can of sapporo beer and rojak at night after the electrician put up the lightings to get a feel of the brightness and made some adjustments.. :-)

I love the vento vino fan too but not the price . Used back my old cream color Novita retro fan and placed it on an IKEA step ladder (had it vanished by the painter) for my bedroom. Bought an Iona fan with the same design for half the price a year ago.