Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reload72

The Ceiling Fan Debate

Hi

can advise what is the cost and where to get?

thanks

PM u the address SmartFool. it's near to $90. cash n carry.

**but i need to warn u, they stick the elmark brandin in the middle of the fan so when i peel off the sticker, there was a white patch smack in the middle! i had to find same shade of silver paper n do some DIY rescue mission.....see below

after peelin off the stupid sticker!

p1010576jr3.jpg

after i DIY

p1010651bi4.jpg

Edited by apa

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

**but i need to warn u, they stick the elmark brandin in the middle of the fan so when i peel off the sticker, there was a white patch smack in the middle! i had to find same shade of silver paper n do some DIY rescue mission.....see below

p1010576jr3.jpg

after i DIY

p1010651bi4.jpg

haha. i m going for black becos my hm theme is basically black, white n red only. white will be too common. so i tot black looks cool.

btw, where did u manage to get it at 90bucks? de cheapest i found so far is like 95bucks + 45bucks installation charge. my lighting electrician not doing installation for my fan, cos it's different kind of installation as i understand cos need to do ballancing for fan.

haha. i m going for black becos my hm theme is basically black, white n red only. white will be too common. so i tot black looks cool.

btw, where did u manage to get it at 90bucks? de cheapest i found so far is like 95bucks + 45bucks installation charge. my lighting electrician not doing installation for my fan, cos it's different kind of installation as i understand cos need to do ballancing for fan.

i'll PM u the address. got mine at $94.16 incld GST. (i forgot bout tat GST part previously....not sure now still same price or not cos brought mine bout few mths back)

since it's the look i'm lookin for, quite happy wif my purchase. :dancingqueen: black is cool....i like it too! but will stand out too much against a white ceiling so we didn't get it in the end.

to me is quite affordable price as long as it doesn't exceed 100. hahaha....

installation was done by my contractor's guy durin my reno. hmmmm......he didn't do balancin cos he mention they will only do it if after install, switch on then the fan wobble or make noises. so far so gd...i hope he's right....

apa thanks a million man

will go and check it out

wtb say old fans can still use

but i wana go search for new ones

no prob! happy searchin!

Can you PM me the address too? Thanks!

p1010576jr3.jpg

after i DIY

p1010651bi4.jpg

I am going to install elmark 5 blade fan (44") in my living room also with a false ceiling (150mm height). My contractor had suggested installing the fan on the false ceiling reinforced with wood from underneath. However, I am not so comfortable with this idea since the fan will come too low. I insisted on my contractor to install the fan in the main ceiling and for this purpose, I got a longer (7") extension rod. My contractor says this is possible, however, he cannot close up the gap between the rod and the hole in the false ceiling because the vibrations may cause the plaster to crack.

1. Is my contractor correct? Has anyone got the fan installed with the gap fully closed?

2. If there remains a small gap, I am a bit worried that insects may creep up into the space between the main ceiling and the false ceiling. Is this a real problem?

Thank you in advance for your inputs.

We installed two KDK and one Crestar ceiling fans. We prefer our Crestar fan cos it has the strongest wind flow. Not sure whether it is due to the widest window opening at the living hall though. :thumbs up:

Edited by LittleDevil

i also donno sld get a fan or not?cos i will be doing the ceiling but not yet decided L shape or full ceiling...think full ceiling might have problem

Unless you are living in the top floor or condo unit, else your ceiling is probably not that high. Doing a full ceiling will make your ceiling even lower.

Also, full false ceiling is probably out-of-fashion now, people usually go for L-box :P

Hi apa, can pm me the address too? Would like to get about 5 ceiling fans.... :jawdrop:

Thanks in advance!

i'll PM u the address. got mine at $94.16 incld GST. (i forgot bout tat GST part previously....not sure now still same price or not cos brought mine bout few mths back)

since it's the look i'm lookin for, quite happy wif my purchase. :dancingqueen: black is cool....i like it too! but will stand out too much against a white ceiling so we didn't get it in the end.

to me is quite affordable price as long as it doesn't exceed 100. hahaha....

installation was done by my contractor's guy durin my reno. hmmmm......he didn't do balancin cos he mention they will only do it if after install, switch on then the fan wobble or make noises. so far so gd...i hope he's right....

no prob! happy searchin!

I know this thread is dormant for quite a while now. The IDs I have met all said that ceiling fan is ugly and may affect the design of the house.

Anyone has any good ideas to install ceiling fan to incorporate it in the overall design and still can have a stunning look?

I know this thread is dormant for quite a while now. The IDs I have met all said that ceiling fan is ugly and may affect the design of the house.

Anyone has any good ideas to install ceiling fan to incorporate it in the overall design and still can have a stunning look?

The IDs I've talked to previously are quite receptive to the idea of ceiling fan :P :P . Cos a ceiling fan is really very practical. The only problem is that you have a limitation on how to design your false ceiling.

If your living room is those long type, then certain areas wun kena the wind from the fan, then mayb u need to decide if you want to get 2 ceiling fans :unsure: :unsure:

IMHO, its the ID's job to help you think of how to help you meet your requirement. Probably you tell him/her that you really want a ceiling fan and willing to compromise on the design a bit. see what they propose before you decide lor.

There are designer ceiling fans available if you are concerned abt integrating to the design, but those may be quite ex. I've seen some in the $500 ranges. I, however, chosen KDK for its reliability rather than the design. KDK designs are all very simple and standard and nothing fanciful.