Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reload72

The Ceiling Fan Debate

great stuff! my fiance also wants a ceiling fan, which we were also told it is a ID taboo.. but our current ID (fren) has not said so ... , so far.

i also dont want to have a standing fan which i very much doubt will blend well into any well designed house, children and pets may knock it over, i dont find it that easy to clean with the metal "cages" that the blades sit in, and probably only half the effect of ceiling fans for cooling.. !!

found this website http://www.g2art.com/sub/Ceilingfans but since i see there is elmark and fanimation, looks like this is not needed here anymore :yamseng:

http://www.g2art.com/library/large/Cirque-big.jpg

looks cute eh??

wah!! nice fan! i LOVE this one

Artemis-F803-TL-views7.jpg

where can get it in SG? any idea?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hv they installed your fans? i find the bulbs that they gv me not bright enuf.. i am trying to find something brighter because my room a bit dim.

thanks swatdila !

Can always change the bulb to higher watt?

I found Elmark fan selling for $79 as promotion at jalan besar. Forgot the shop name but location is close to the macdonald.

Anyone know if fanco has a showroom?

Does anyone know which ceiling fan is better- Elmark, Fanco or Amasco? As I know KDS is good, but only has 1 style for HDB flat.

Thanks.

Edited by T.Mandy

hv they installed your fans? i find the bulbs that they gv me not bright enuf.. i am trying to find something brighter because my room a bit dim.

sorry swatdila ! missed this post !

i have not installed the fans. issues with my reno (see t-blog for details) and so it will be delayed.

yup can change but depends on the fan model.. the one i bought, it can only take up to a certain size of bulb... those higher wattage are longer so may not be able to fit.. anyways i manage to change to the higher watts philips twister range.. the bulbs are shaped like a spring so its shorter, thus it can fit into my fan.. each fan i use 2 x 22watts.... now a lot brighter.

Can always change the bulb to higher watt?

I found Elmark fan selling for $79 as promotion at jalan besar. Forgot the shop name but location is close to the macdonald.

After looking though quite a few shops around still did not find a design that fit the decor of my house. :):bangwall:

Finally yesterday settled for the Sycamore fan. :dunno::notti:

fan_main.jpg

fan01.jpg

Wife likes the design and so do I. think it gives a more modern sculpted look.

Really like the Artemis Fan but cannot find anywhee in SG and the power supply was for US so very troublesome.In the end got the sycamore and am quite happy with it.

Hope they bring in the Artemis someday and I can change to that :yamseng:

oooo, very nice fan you've got there

very futuristic look :notti:

looks expensive though :dunno:

thanks. I searched high and low for something different.

Price wise is a killer though.. cost me $1000 plus after gst :dunno:

Price wise is a killer though.. cost me $1000 plus after gst :dancingqueen:

:dunno::dunno::P

i LOVE ur fan.. but i tink i can't afford it man.. where u got it anyway?

:thumbs up::bangwall::bangwall:

i LOVE ur fan.. but i tink i can't afford it man.. where u got it anyway?

Yeah we also stunned by the price when we first heard it. In the end sacifice some other things to get this fan as we really like the design.

Got it from Elmark..and Yes I know the history of their bad warranty service..but we decided to take a chance.I had spoken to the designers of the fan in Australia(emailed them) so still quite confident on the quality of the product.

from the internet this fan has the following advantages

-Produce same amount of airflow as a normal fan at a lower speed thanks to its shape

-energy-saving appliance

Edited by Surge

hi surge, after u installed n used it.. can kindly take pics and share with us is it cool n windy enough? or jus looks..? :bangwall:

thanks! :thumbs up:

hi surge, after u installed n used it.. can kindly take pics and share with us is it cool n windy enough? or jus looks..? :bangwall:

thanks! :thumbs up:

sure no prob. but must wait 60days because they got stock for white now, must special indent.They has ex stocks are silver but find silver spoils the whole look of the fan.

They have a silver one at display at their showroom and I tested it. Seems ok to me but after it is installed then I will know whether it is really good.

Price wise is a killer though.. cost me $1000 plus after gst :bangwall:

but i saw one similar @ only $400 plus @ ubi there. How come your so ex.

I find thatnot much wind and like will drop anytime.. hee hee

but i saw one similar @ only $400 plus @ ubi there. How come your so ex.

I find thatnot much wind and like will drop anytime.. hee hee

wah which shop at ubi. if it is really the same i will go :wub:

but if it is knockoff then i won't feel so bad cos i know direct from the Aust factory cost Aus699. the one i got doesn't look like will drop though, cos the base can be flush mount to the ceiling. dun even need downrod, which is impt for me since hdb ceiling so low

Edited by Surge