Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reload72

The Ceiling Fan Debate

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
where to find this type of ceiling fan?? looks cute. anyone knows the cost of such fan??

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/reload72/fan.jpg

hi there :jawdrop:

i have a ceiling fan exactly like the one you referred to....

here it is....

P1010474.jpg

the fan rotates horizontal around the pole when the blades are turning.... quite a cool device...

its a good looking contemporary fan....some may not like it..some do.....fortunately, i really love it...

its comes with a remote control....and we bought it from elmark...you can hunt for it...

price wise, i cannot remember the exact amount cos we bought it a few months back.. but i remembered the sales person quoting me S$1000 plus before discount....

i am also a fan (no pun intended) of this leather-bladed fan...

faninbedroom.jpg

some say it looks like a big fly....but i just think it is easier to maintain as the colour is black...plus with the huge blades angled, it is really quite a powerful fan....

i really dislike the traditional white, plastic-looking fan with thin baldes....so it was quite tough looking for the fans that we like...

anyway, to each his own...have fun with your hunt for the perfect ceiling fan! :jawdrop:

hi there :P

i have a ceiling fan exactly like the one you referred to....

here it is....

P1010474.jpg

the fan rotates horizontal around the pole when the blades are turning.... quite a cool device...

its a good looking contemporary fan....some may not like it..some do.....fortunately, i really love it...

its comes with a remote control....and we bought it from elmark...you can hunt for it...

price wise, i cannot remember the exact amount cos we bought it a few months back.. but i remembered the sales person quoting me S$1000 plus before discount....

i am also a fan (no pun intended) of this leather-bladed fan...

faninbedroom.jpg

some say it looks like a big fly....but i just think it is easier to maintain as the colour is black...plus with the huge blades angled, it is really quite a powerful fan....

i really dislike the traditional white, plastic-looking fan with thin baldes....so it was quite tough looking for the fans that we like...

anyway, to each his own...have fun with your hunt for the perfect ceiling fan! :D

will it be too low for HDB flat with false ceiling??

I like this fan, too! The original is the Duplo-Dinamico from Matthew's Fan Company and Park Mall has it. The price will shock you...

Duplo-Dinamico

Wow ! these fans look like something from a Star wars movie. Somehow I feel these kinds of fans will not make the place look cozy.

To each his own :P

just return from the elmark showroom yesterday evening

they have quite a variety of ceiling fan there

there's one that may save the design dilemma - it looks like an inverted tulip when switched off and the plastic blade will raise when you turn it on... very cool and nice

Hi BlackMango

sigh, why all so expensive...The leather one, where u got it? elmark too? anyway elmark webby is under construction, where are they located?

Anyway for the normal white ceiling fan, cost ard how much? where to get it? A fren mentioned balestier or something.

Where to find a cheap one - less than $100 have or not? My fren cant remember liao... arghh

And for all the nice ones, where are the places? wanna kaypoh/looksy!! sorry for all the questions, wanna cut my search short, kek kek...

Thanks

can mount fan on false ceiling?

I also a ceiling fan fan. not those type that like classroom one la, nowadays those simple fans also quite modern design.. nowadays house so small, if i put a standing fan, then take up too much space.

My current house i installed L-box and ceiling fan for living and dining.. and for me that is like a very wise choice.. haha.. ceiling fan in my living room is like one of the most used appliance in the house.. i dun really like yellow lights in the living room, so my downlights are all white while the fan hv yellow light (which i hardly turn on). to clean, just remove the lights or can just wipe (if use those ladder will be easier).. on any hot day, just on that fan, will cool down the house...

my new house, i am looking to install ceiling fan in all bedrooms if i can find a fan with attached white light that is bright enuf.... anyone hv ceiling fan that has attached light (white one)? is it bright enuf for bedroom?

can mount fan on false ceiling?

I also a ceiling fan fan. not those type that like classroom one la, nowadays those simple fans also quite modern design.. nowadays house so small, if i put a standing fan, then take up too much space.

My current house i installed L-box and ceiling fan for living and dining.. and for me that is like a very wise choice.. haha.. ceiling fan in my living room is like one of the most used appliance in the house.. i dun really like yellow lights in the living room, so my downlights are all white while the fan hv yellow light (which i hardly turn on). to clean, just remove the lights or can just wipe (if use those ladder will be easier).. on any hot day, just on that fan, will cool down the house...

my new house, i am looking to install ceiling fan in all bedrooms if i can find a fan with attached white light that is bright enuf.... anyone hv ceiling fan that has attached light (white one)? is it bright enuf for bedroom?

I recently put a fan in my bedroom with light, I also wanna see how bright that one is. going there tonight . will let u know tomorrow.

is it the type use circular light bulb? u got any other lights or is that the main light in ur bedroom? thank u for ur feedback...

I recently put a fan in my bedroom with light, I also wanna see how bright that one is. going there tonight . will let u know tomorrow.

Hi BlackMango

sigh, why all so expensive...The leather one, where u got it? elmark too? anyway elmark webby is under construction, where are they located?

Hi there...

to answer your questions, yup, the leather-blade fan is also from elmark..in fact, all my fans are from elmark...not that i am advertising for them or anything, but we really dont like the usual fans that we had seen so far at that point in time..and the one we really like (eg: fanimation fans) cost more than S$1.5k each for the nice ones...so sad..so elmark was a compromise...

Anyway for the normal white ceiling fan, cost ard how much? where to get it? A fren mentioned balestier or something.

Where to find a cheap one - less than $100 have or not? My fren cant remember liao... arghh

for the normal ones, i think S$100 plus will get you a pretty standard fan...balestier or jalan besar should give you some good finds...walk ard those 2 streets and compare..

And for all the nice ones, where are the places? wanna kaypoh/looksy!! sorry for all the questions, wanna cut my search short, kek kek...

the nice ones? fanimation has gorgeous fans...seriously cool-looking devices..

I think Singapore wallcoverings Pte Ltd carries Fanimation fans (65 6479 2822)..but they are seriously going to dent your pocket...:dunno:

I wish i can install a ceiling fan. But from the image u can see dat if i install 1, it'll be too low due to the L-Box. Any other alternatives? Dun want those wall mount fan, looks like coffee shop....

th_57965_10032007236_122_211lo.jpg

th_57343_10032007232_122_131lo.jpg

th_57340_10032007231_122_97lo.jpg

Wow ! these fans look like something from a Star wars movie. Somehow I feel these kinds of fans will not make the place look cozy.

To each his own :(

hmm.. where is the elmark showroom?

hmm.. where is the elmark showroom?

I search yellow pages : 55 Ubi Ave 1 #02-04/06 S(408935) Tel : 67410729

But at Asia Leading Directory e-guide : shows a location in Jurong East St 21??

can anyone confirm? I also wanna know where.