Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clouds00007

Our Open Concept Mini Jumbo

hihi, thanks so much for replying... ya i only wanted to hack the wall between my master bedroom and the room beside it, to do a WIW only..

oh yes, i just went to see the floor plan and true enough there is a solid black line but its not a full line thank god, its only like 1/3 of the wall only..

my BTO still long long way to go, and i very much wanted to start my T-blog leh... but i cant, only just selected the unit of my flat only... so its still a long wait for me..

nice idea to have a balcony, i think my house cant squeeze any space for balcony leh, cos dunno how big it is, as new flat is only 112sqm...

No worries ^_^

once u get your keys, thinks will be moving very fast from there onwards. So this is a good time to camp out here in renotalk and plan ahead.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

What is an IR extender?

Well, I prefer to conceal all my entertainment equipment concealed rather than exposing them. However, to conceal them would means that my remote control would not be able to send the iR signal to the equipment, unless I open the door of my cabinet which would defeat the purposes. So I got myself a iR Repeater/ Extender which would repeat the iR signal from my remote via a small receiver to my conceal equipment. voila, problem solved.

For a better understand, you can take a look at this

Hi clouds

I'm trying to find the ladder with tracks for my bookshelf too. Mind sharing with me where you get it from? Thanks in advance.

Hi MightyA,

Mine was custom made by my contractor who did a very bad job. The sliding was as smooth as I want and it lacks the locking feature required for safety.

You might wana to check with Hafele http://www.hafele.com.sg/sg/en/documents/hsi_ff-catalogue_2012_(6)homeimprovementfittings_ladders.pdf . I wanted the siding ladder version and had shown to my contractor but to my horror I was given a lousy custom job instead.

Hope the info helps.

Thank you for replying. yup, i went to hafele to take a look this afternoon after surfing the internet an entire morning. but theirs is way out of my budget :o but i would have to say it looks and feels real solid and stable. Trying to see if i can find cheaper alternative or OEM ones. :( Surprisingly, this ladder bookshelf concept is so common overseas and the websites i chanced upon are mostly US or Canada. Wonder why hasn't this catch on over here with many homeowners wanting to fully utilised floor to ceiling storage.

Thank you for replying. yup, i went to hafele to take a look this afternoon after surfing the internet an entire morning. but theirs is way out of my budget :o but i would have to say it looks and feels real solid and stable. Trying to see if i can find cheaper alternative or OEM ones. :( Surprisingly, this ladder bookshelf concept is so common overseas and the websites i chanced upon are mostly US or Canada. Wonder why hasn't this catch on over here with many homeowners wanting to fully utilised floor to ceiling storage.

Woo.. so how much hafele quoted you?

Ya. its very difficult to find in Singapore and a few reasons i guess would be

-no many ppl collects enough books to fill up the bookshelves ( i m still trying to fill mine, 1 at a time)

-Singapore houses are too small nowadays to accommodate the span required for a bookshelf to come with a ladder without looking too weird,

I supposed customisation is the way to go if you are really interested.

Can't believe it. Submit application to HDB for our access area before christmas.

Was informed that it was approved before CNY and that they will be sending us the documents to proceed.

Till date, no updates until recently when calls were made and emails sent, only did the officer called back. And to our horror, he dares asked us "so you confirm you interested in purchasing your access area? If yes then I will send the documents which will guide you step by step through the procedure..."

We were like OMG.. if we are not interested, why did we apply in the first place. Plus isn't the docu to be send out after CNY already? And if the docu is only about the procedure, why isn't it been send out earlier?? Gosh.

Hafele's customised ladder itself without the track, rail and accessories is abt 3k! :jawdrop: I was trying so hard to control my shock in front of the saleslady. haha... what about your customised ladder? How much did your contractor quote you? Convenient to disclose? if not, can pm me? I'm still waiting for my contractor to come back to me with the quote to add the ladder. he told me his company had not done it before, dont know if his carpenter can do it or not?

Hafele's customised ladder itself without the track, rail and accessories is abt 3k! :jawdrop: I was trying so hard to control my shock in front of the saleslady. haha... what about your customised ladder? How much did your contractor quote you? Convenient to disclose? if not, can pm me? I'm still waiting for my contractor to come back to me with the quote to add the ladder. he told me his company had not done it before, dont know if his carpenter can do it or not?

wow.. 3K without the track..

my contractor quoted me as a whole carpentry package, including the ladder. He later did complain that he forgot to quote the ladder in, but i insisted, since it was already black and white on my signed copy + bad job on the overall. In all, that shelf with the ladder cost $3,920.

Hi, I'm interested in HERF too but worried abt maintenance and durability. Mind giving a review? :)

So far so good for us. We went to get it becos it so waterproof that, if you dare, you can lay it in the bathroom ( as since in their video ads).

Its actually feels pretty solid. when you drop your keys on it or step on it, it does feels hallow like laminate. it feels pretty solid.

Some says its something like Vinyl flooring.

We did created some accidental scratch when moving it, but its because we tried to slide a wardrobe forcefully across the room.. in a way that any type of flooring would get damage.

In short, as long as its normal usage, it should be ok. Especially if it comes with lifetime warranty.

Hey tks for the review! Will be using HERF for my bedrooms only. Hubby still prefers tiles for living/dining. Love the open concept look of ur hse!

Hey tks for the review! Will be using HERF for my bedrooms only. Hubby still prefers tiles for living/dining. Love the open concept look of ur hse!

^_^ no worries. Will look forward to your T-Blog.