Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clouds00007

Our Open Concept Mini Jumbo

^_^ tx Vanessa.

Nope those are not Lavender, though its often mistaken for it. They are Angelonia.. though not as fragrant as the Lavender but they are a beauty to look at.

I made those metal cages from wires mesh bought from the hardware shop. After that photo, I had made another 3 more and will be doing a few more tomorrow as I have plans to fill the entire span of my fence with Aster..

You MADE those cages yourself?! ****....was hoping they were purchased...do share the making process if you can...they look great! Or maybe share where you got the material, and a close up shot of how you attached it? I am really keen to try!

Edited by vanessa

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Here is an update of my Little Urban Garden.

Had the perfect morning sun this morning with flower blooming like there is no tomorrow. Even the older pot of the Angelonia are starting to bloom again after I have shifted their pots for a better sun coverage.

6AB2B802-CFA2-4681-AB05-28286EF872BD-120

I have a silly question...is this sitting along the common corridor...was thinking of doing something like that so that I can grow more stuff..but i am not sure if it is allowed... :dunno:

My onions which I have planted last week also shown accelerate growth.. can't wait to harvest Spring Onion for our daily cooking.

AE7564BB-6058-4C93-B45A-7B1B344CA4FB-120

Trying growing garlic...the flowers are lovely AND it is great as a garnish :)

WOW clouds! Im in love with ur garden! Especially the Angelonia! And keep the caterpillar! Lol

Thanks redder.

Had removed the caterpillar. realised there were 3 and their ferocious appetite is too much for my plants to handle. ^_^

You MADE those cages yourself?! ****....was hoping they were purchased...do share the making process if you can...they look great! Or maybe share where you got the material, and a close up shot of how you attached it? I am really keen to try!

Yup. Thanks for the compliment.

Ok, will try and post some photos this coming weekends.. its pretty straightforward and the material & tools involved are easily available.

I have a silly question...is this sitting along the common corridor...was thinking of doing something like that so that I can grow more stuff..but i am not sure if it is allowed... :dunno:

neh.. nothing is too silly to ask..

well, my neighbour who had being living there since 20 years ago. he did mentioned that he had being approached by authorities about that as their concern was pots might topple over and drop down to the void deck when there is strong wind.. my neighbour always told him,from the way he secure the pots, if the wind is that strong to topple it, the entire HDB block would have being toppled as well.. ^_^

So I always take precaution in securing my pots and brackets to make sure that it does pose much of a tipping risk.

Trying growing garlic...the flowers are lovely AND it is great as a garnish :)

Woo.. garlic ^_^ I am a heavy garlic user... so that seemed like a good idea. problem is I have to really grow a lot....

so you growing anything?

Notice that u are a good cook..

Was informed this morning that there was this couple who came by our access area and started taking measurements, notes and sketching..

I am going to assumed that I have set some game changing rules on how open access area should be done up.. without ending "living behind bars"... ^_^

Yup. Thanks for the compliment.

Ok, will try and post some photos this coming weekends.. its pretty straightforward and the material & tools involved are easily available.

Yes please! If you could share details of where you purchased the items to assemble it...and how you attached it to the railing, that would be most helpful

neh.. nothing is too silly to ask..

well, my neighbour who had being living there since 20 years ago. he did mentioned that he had being approached by authorities about that as their concern was pots might topple over and drop down to the void deck when there is strong wind.. my neighbour always told him,from the way he secure the pots, if the wind is that strong to topple it, the entire HDB block would have being toppled as well.. ^_^

So I always take precaution in securing my pots and brackets to make sure that it does pose much of a tipping risk.

Totally agree...securing them is key...if you could share i am sure heaps will benefit...still so blown away by how great and pro they look!

Woo.. garlic ^_^ I am a heavy garlic user... so that seemed like a good idea. problem is I have to really grow a lot....

so you growing anything?

Notice that u are a good cook..

Oh i don't mean growing garlic to harvest the bulb...more so to harvest the flowers...they are very pretty and they taste great as a garnish..mild garlic tinge to it. I grow the normal stuff....basil (Italian and Thai), Chilli Padi, Dill, mint, rosemary, garlic. But i am inspired to try out that purple one you have...so pretty...would love a spot of colour if you know what i mean.

Not a good cook la...cooking makes me happy so I cook a lot after work...helps me de-stress

So the 3rd and final group of people who will be coming in, will be the painters. but before they begin, I have decided to fix up the ikea shoe racks onto the wall first, which will be remove later when the painting begins..

2013-07-07155826_zpse97fd831.jpg

We are almost there.

2013-07-07155815_zpscbd703cd.jpg

2013-07-07155840_zps14824cdb.jpg

Wow!! You are ssoo lucky to have this recess area. So nice to have a mini private area at your main entrance. Love your fence and the tiling looks good. :D

Oh i don't mean growing garlic to harvest the bulb...more so to harvest the flowers...they are very pretty and they taste great as a garnish..mild garlic tinge to it. I grow the normal stuff....basil (Italian and Thai), Chilli Padi, Dill, mint, rosemary, garlic. But i am inspired to try out that purple one you have...so pretty...would love a spot of colour if you know what i mean.

Not a good cook la...cooking makes me happy so I cook a lot after work...helps me de-stress

wow.. heard about using garlic flowers for cooking but never really tried or taste it before.. maybe i should really try someday ^_^

ya, i know what you meant. Those purple flowers are Angelonia.. they are pretty easy to maintain as long as u have sunlight for them..

i love cooking too.. but not so into eating the food i cook.

Wow!! You are ssoo lucky to have this recess area. So nice to have a mini private area at your main entrance. Love your fence and the tiling looks good. :D

Thanks for the compliment 3Dyms ^_^

WEll no money to buy landed property so no choice have to settle for this loh.

Went to take a peek at ur T-blog, wow.. u r going for the French look all the way.. awesome.

Here is an update shot on my little green space.

Had started growing Aster along the fencing and attempting to try those yellow Cosmo for the first time (hope they survive)

38184588-ABFC-43F6-874A-B5518401F5A9-482

Here is a closed up shot of the Aster flower.. they are blooming like mad..

3DBE63D7-1D81-44FF-B54A-A1F07625538F-482

And here is the yellow Cosmo. So far so good.. surviving 2nd week..

A8EAC823-B599-46D9-82AB-49BC3AA7B7EC-482