Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clouds00007

Our Open Concept Mini Jumbo

Both the plastic containers and planter frame from Malaysia, JB.

can you please share the name of the shop and address if possible for the planter frame and plastic container in JB...it is exactly what i am looking for!! thank you so much!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

can you please share the name of the shop and address if possible for the planter frame and plastic container in JB...it is exactly what i am looking for!! thank you so much!

Hi Vanessa,

I will have to try getting them from my in-laws... cos they bought it from me.

2 Weeks ago, the wrought iron ppl told us that finally our customised fence is done! yeah...

So they sent 2 people down for the installation..

Here is one of the section of the Fence... we decided to do a low fence instead of what the most will do (cage up) is because, we have no intention of looking out of the house within a cage. Furthermore, since we are not making an extension of our "storeroom", there is no need to cage up the entire area.

We were more looking at creating our very own "backyard" which I could integrate the entire "garden" concept into our house.

2013-06-27101115_zps6e481049.jpg

Instead of a straight boring looking wrought iron rod, I have included some details to it.

2013-06-27101140_zps81e6ea18.jpg

Here is the gate, though slightly different from my design to them, but still its good enough.

2013-06-27101523_zpsb7974de0.jpg

the guys doing the installation were pretty good.

2013-06-27102457_zps4d66c285.jpg

they took effort to make sure that the entire fence is straight and upright

2013-06-27104757_zpsf0d63d80.jpg

And within a hour or two, the job is done.

2013-06-27121643_zpsb338628b.jpg

The tiling ppl was the next group of ppl whom we have arranged to come in for phase 2 of getting our access area done.

we decided to engage another group, instead of getting our original contractor who did our house because we want to make it look nicer NOT worst, like what they have already done.

we sought advice from tiling guys before deciding who should start work first. Tiling or Wrought Iron.

And the tiling guys told us, the wrought iron should go up first, so they can wrap concrete around the fence support for an even sturdier structure.

2013-07-01163830_zps1b481d79.jpg

This group of tiler were pretty pro. Had specifically told them that water levelling is super important to us, as when it rains here, it pretty frightening hence we done wish to have any water accumulation within our access area.

He ensure us that, he will not disappoint us.

2013-07-01163834_zpsa4f74e48.jpg

And since we already had the fence up, they specially lay some footings for us to step on before they complete the tiling works the next day.

2013-07-01191026_zps0ceb4367.jpg

So the 3rd and final group of people who will be coming in, will be the painters. but before they begin, I have decided to fix up the ikea shoe racks onto the wall first, which will be remove later when the painting begins..

2013-07-07155826_zpse97fd831.jpg

We are almost there.

2013-07-07155815_zpscbd703cd.jpg

2013-07-07155840_zps14824cdb.jpg

We had also brought the vertical wall bicycle hanging hook, which I have already pre-drilled the holes onto the wall, and will mount them once painting is done.

What will follow from here onwards, will be a series of small steps to grow my garden around my personal "backyard"

Hi Vanessa,

Hi Clouds00007, yes please. that would be most helpful!! i look forward to your update. Thank you so much!

Hi Clouds00007, yes please. that would be most helpful!! i look forward to your update. Thank you so much!

Just came back from World Farm Singapore and realised that they are selling brackets & pots similar to the one which i had. I guess, buying from Singapore should be easier for you.

http://www.huahng.com.sg/home.htm

Our Operating Hours are:

Mon-Sat: 8:00am till 6:00pm,

Sun & Public Holidays: 9:00am till 1:00pm.

HUA HNG TRADING CO PTE LTD

15 Bah Soon Pah Road

Singapore 769962

Tel: 6257 3259, 6752 0500

Fax: 67522413

So the 3rd and final group of people who will be coming in, will be the painters. but before they begin, I have decided to fix up the ikea shoe racks onto the wall first, which will be remove later when the painting begins..

2013-07-07155826_zpse97fd831.jpg

We are almost there.

2013-07-07155815_zpscbd703cd.jpg

2013-07-07155840_zps14824cdb.jpg

Nice fence.... Really look like a small enclosed area... How I wish I could have the same luxury of an additional recess area....

Nice fence.... Really look like a small enclosed area... How I wish I could have the same luxury of an additional recess area....

Thanks for the compliment ^_^ still a long way to go and lots to do to beautify it.

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks Clouds!

Edited by vanessa

finally on the stage of beautifying the access area. ultimate aim, a flourishing garden. But sadly, in the midst of achieving this target, I hope I don't killed too many pot of plants.

C576D5AA-3003-4F54-B0FC-3B2CB0A2AB97-304

Had made some metal cage to hold the smaller pots of moss. I think eventually i will make enough to hang on the entire stretch of the fence and get more of these moss to complete the look.

94407C53-332C-4F17-AB5E-464396791640-304

Hey clouds! Nice plants u got there! U might wanna check out Daiso for gardening stuff. :)

I have a question. Any staining issues so far with the HERF especially since urs is of a lighter colour? I feel like having it in my living room too but I'd prefer to have one of the lighter colours so quite worried abt staining issues (wine, curry, soy sauce and the likes)! Really really dont want to deal with tile grout issues! :P