Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
loglog

My Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My reno journey has gone on fine. Andrew said we would be able to move back in 1st week of January. Let's just hope everything goes on smoothly. So far, tiling work is done. Taken a few photos but lazy to post coz nothing much to view as the floor tiles are still covered up. Will take more pics after the electrical, plumbing and carpentering works are done.

My reno journey started on 14 Nov 2012. Hope this is going to be a smooth journey. I got the contact of my contractor from this forum and he is Andrew Loh from Designer Guy...

Here it goes...

Hi loglog, i m also using Andrew but think mine reno starts earlier than urs.

Hi loglog, i m also using Andrew but think mine reno starts earlier than urs.

MamaO, you also using Andrew? never see your tblog leh... show some pic lah...

MamaO, you also using Andrew? never see your tblog leh... show some pic lah...

Yes May. Cos i m doing all simple reno and also worry no time to maintence so did not start any blog.

Yes May. Cos i m doing all simple reno and also worry no time to maintence so did not start any blog.

oh i see.... hope you enjoying your reno. if andrew gives you any problem, let me know. i go scold him.

oh i see.... hope you enjoying your reno. if andrew gives you any problem, let me know. i go scold him.

I wish there is a "LIKE" button here so i can click it. LOL.

Hi all,

I think I said it too soon that my reno work is going on fine. I started to encounter problem with the lousy plumbing work. Made appointment with Andrew to hv a face to face discussion with him and the plumber. Both did not turn up and I have been waiting for 2 hours. My wife and I tried calling him but he is not responding.

This is not the first time that he is late for appointments. In the past, we just kept quiet thinking that we should be more accommodating as he could be genuinely busy, but it seems that he is always taking us for granted. His lateness always stretched on for hours. Is this a right attitude to treat his customer?

20121223_133147_zpsc5ecf664.jpg

20121223_133203_zpsa9aa3c30.jpg

20121223_133328_zps3c610664.jpg

20121223_133353_zps47514be2.jpg

20121223_133421_zps4d17d20b.jpg

Look at the lousy workmanship. The leaking tap was rectified but plumber did not install 3 valves near the 3 taps (master bedroom toilet; common toilet & kitchen sink) as requested.

Andrew was late for other appointments, this time it is worst, he doesn't even call us after several calls and msg by my wife and I.

:furious:

Andrew called after my wife sent a msg to question abt his service attitude then he argued that the appointment is on Monday. I was prepared to show him his msg confirming the appointment for today then I received another call from him to apologise for the no show today.

There are still major works to be done and I seriously hope that this is not the beginning of our nightmares because we are not paying him peanuts, we don't expect to get monkeys.

I empathize with you situation.

Recommendations by other forumers should always be taken with a pinch of salt.

A good service to one person may not be the same to others.

All customers have different level of expectations. I also think its very difficult for IDs to maintain the same standard all the time. For example, the good plumber he had previously may be engaged with other IDs due to this busy reno season. So he got other plumbers to do the job. Others who were happy with his service previously may be during low season....come to the busy season...IDs just can't perform the same.

It difficult...I think reno is like gambling....heng suay.

I hope all your issues will be resolved soon. Good luck!