Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
macuser77

Our Second Reno Journey

Hi macuser,

are these black glossy tiles? initially, wanted black glossy tiles but run out of stock... so make do with matt instead...

Nice

Yes, I didn't even know there's Matt honeycomb until you pointed it out. Hahaha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi macuser77,

i also took the aircon from his cousin, wah urs got covered ah ;)

hehehe mine since its just the rooms only...very clean lines and my husband can definitely placed his toys on the

additional ledges :)

So far so good, love ur sliding doors but I duno where to have that for mine...heheh shall think, think, think of places...

You can do it for your kitchen! :P

Our sliding doors (wet kitchen)

The sliding doors for our wet kitchen and living area are up. The doors for the wet kitchen are actually wire meshed glass door, as proposed by Mr K.

It turned out beautiful, and we absolutely loved it.

As usual my Mrs was fretting over the wire mesh, as she was worried that it would have an industrial effect, which is not what we wanted. But since he kept saying “会很美”, we followed his suggestion.

No regrets :good:

ea25845f1e550dceea450863d02c55b7_zpsc06b

987835c9e783051a26bc4af4136063dd_zps6bb7

He informed us that there could be tracks along the floor and it might cause slight inconvenience. But to our pleasant surprise, there weren't any. This is especially important to us as my parents will be staying at times, and it might pose a safety hazard.

We tested the door, and they were very sturdy as compared to the wobbly and cheapo products we encountered.

Meticulous suggestion by Mr K:

Converstation between him and my wife:

K: 厨房的fixed panel门我帮你收在外面 (fixed panel to be outer most panel)

Mrs : ok (mind was thinking "got difference meh" -we always agreed to his suggestions as they were practical. Though minute, they will definitely affect our day to day activities)

K: 我帮你收在外面是因为以后比较容易清理 (gap between cabinet and panel can be cleaned easily since free panels are kept outside)

This was a very thoughtful suggestion as he remembered us telling him we are very fussy about being not able to clean hard to reach areas. This is especiall important for us as we do heavy cookings at times.

Hi macuser77,

Yr reno looks great :) work well done indeed!!

do u mind sharing the quote for the top-hung sliding door? and fr left to right, wt is the size of the whole thing?

thanks in advance :)

Hi Mr&Mrs Macuser,

Your house renovation looks good! Looking forward to see the final results! hehe..

Mind to share Mr. K's contact and the quotation.

This is my email babylee401@hotmail.com

Thank you :)

Hi Mr&Mrs Macuser,

Your house renovation looks good! Looking forward to see the final results! hehe..

Mind to share Mr. K's contact and the quotation.

This is my email babylee401@hotmail.com

Thank you :)

Hi Jaf3311,

Have pm-ed u instead.

Hi macuser77,

Yr reno looks great :) work well done indeed!!

do u mind sharing the quote for the top-hung sliding door? and fr left to right, wt is the size of the whole thing?

thanks in advance :)

Hi fai,

sorry I will not be able to share my quote. It'll be best if you can approach him directly.

All the best.

Edited by macuser77

Our sliding doors (wet kitchen)

The sliding doors for our wet kitchen and living area are up. The doors for the wet kitchen are actually wire meshed glass door, as proposed by Mr K.

It turned out beautiful, and we absolutely loved it.

As usual my Mrs was fretting over the wire mesh, as she was worried that it would have an industrial effect, which is not what we wanted. But since he kept saying “会很美”, we followed his suggestion.

No regrets :good:

This is really nice! Wire mesh is getting popular now and it doesn't look rough or too industrial if the ID/contractor knows how to mix and match with wood. my ID also 'tone down' the industrial look for me and I call it 'yiu xiu' industrial ... :)

ea25845f1e550dceea450863d02c55b7_zpsc06b

987835c9e783051a26bc4af4136063dd_zps6bb7

He informed us that there could be tracks along the floor and it might cause slight inconvenience. But to our pleasant surprise, there weren't any. This is especially important to us as my parents will be staying at times, and it might pose a safety hazard.

We tested the door, and they were very sturdy as compared to the wobbly and cheapo products we encountered.

Meticulous suggestion by Mr K:

Converstation between him and my wife:

K: 厨房的fixed panel门我帮你收在外面 (fixed panel to be outer most panel)

Mrs : ok (mind was thinking "got difference meh" -we always agreed to his suggestions as they were practical. Though minute, they will definitely affect our day to day activities)

K: 我帮你收在外面是因为以后比较容易清理 (gap between cabinet and panel can be cleaned easily since free panels are kept outside)

This was a very thoughtful suggestion as he remembered us telling him we are very fussy about being not able to clean hard to reach areas. This is especiall important for us as we do heavy cookings at times.

your door is really nice! Wire mesh is getting popular now and it doesn't look rough or too industrial if the ID/contractor knows how to mix and match with wood. my ID also 'tone down' the industrial look for me and I call it 'yiu xiu' industrial... :)

Thanks June!

Lucky my contractor has good taste as my hubS has really bad taste when it comes to design. :P

Haha... You are very bad :)

very nice! i am also engaging Mr K for my coming place.

Want to check if you had received ur lights from taobao and what's the quality like?

very nice! i am also engaging Mr K for my coming place.

Want to check if you had received ur lights from taobao and what's the quality like?

Hi dim,

The lights will be delivered tomorrow. Will update you on the quality.

Help needed for TV console :

What we wanted :

IMG-20130611-WA0002_zps0bd81e4d.jpg

We wanted this as it didn't have a "heavy looking" feel that we're trying to avoid. It will be placed against the "pinkwhale lookalike" brick wall. As time pass by, we grew more uneasy with this as we felt that it couldn't blend in. I personally think the wheels looked funny, and it resembled store room shelvings.

Can anyone give your view on this ?

Just judging this piece on its own, I feel it looks a bit cheap. Like some inexpensive metal put together with wheels and painted this cool colour. Having said that, it may work in some themes especially if want to inject some whimsical colour accents. Please take my comments with a pinch of salt!