Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
macuser77

Our Second Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Of socks and shoes :

photo-2_zps3a86e64c.png

The only difference was a drawer in his sketch. We informed that we didn't want a drawer, and wanted it to be removed. He insisted that this is a neccessity as the drawers will be used for keeping clean socks.

We were quite insistent of not having the drawers as we wanted clean lines. Though impressed with his idea, we were more concerned that the drawers will look out of place.

Mr K was very insistent on having the drawers, and said that he'll keep the drawer inside the cabinet covered by the casement door.

Very thoughtful and persistent, especially when it comes to socks. hahaha. Anyway we're glad he insisted on this, as I usually need to rush back to the room to retrieve clean socks.

Additional carpentry:

To cut cost, we wanted to buy our bed frame from Sincere and wardrobe from Ximula.

While choosing laminates, Mr K showed my Mrs pictures of wardrobes and bed frames he made. Purpose was to show us the effects of the laminates, and not his products.

My Mrs was impressed with the work and changed her mind. She persuaded me and we approached Mr K for quotes on bedframe and wardrobe. Though everyone has been saying that Mr K is very expensive, we beg to differ. His quote for the bed frame was actually quite comparable to Sincere (with more add ons) and his wardrobe (which came with doors) was actually 4 digits lower than Ximula's quote (which did not include doors).

Will post more pics of the completed carpentry once they are up!

Xiaodi & aircon:

As mentioned in the previous post, we purchased our aircon from K's cousin at a good price.

The pipings were up and workmanship was good.

e5a6d3ebca3876b383e4b308b8187a48_zpse992

Apparently the piping has been covered, and there's an additional ledge. Not too sure if it's a gift from K or Xiaodi :D , as i remembered its not in the quote.

Mr K :可以放东西 (can put things on ledge)

Me: huh? 放什么?(put what)

Mr K: 放 ang gong kia....(laughingly)

I realised "ang gong kia" is his favourite word.

Edited by macuser77

Hi macuser77,

i also took the aircon from his cousin, wah urs got covered ah ;)

hehehe mine since its just the rooms only...very clean lines and my husband can definitely placed his toys on the

additional ledges :)

So far so good, love ur sliding doors but I duno where to have that for mine...heheh shall think, think, think of places...

Edited by art00609

Good day

Do you mind pm me your contracter number and the estimated quotation for your flat?

thank you.

Good day

Do you mind pm me your contracter number and the estimated quotation for your flat?

thank you.

Hi

If you've noticed my contractor is the same as Mangoo's. will pm you his contact

Byebye SCV, you're getting too expensive...

Finally got something to replace the SCV:

7f3b95b81af6db6bea251e25779857be_zps0dbf

I actually had my mind set on the AppleTV. But after looking at view qwest's 3 mths' free VPN and subsequently at 10.70/mth, and our pathetic local itunes selection, i had a change of mind.

Hi mrmerry.

Yes one of the pull factor is "myTVb", where we can watch watch new tvb dramas. Just curious, your mac mini is used for playing downloads etc.?

Sorry, your PM box was full. Could you kindly pm me Mr K's contact number?

my BTO is coming in 2 mths time, looking for ID/contractors.

Thank you in advance.

Like how your flat is shaping up! :good:

Edited by lala81

A pleasant surprise

We thought the wall tile will be plain and ugly. However, this came as a surprise !!

20130420_104343_zps8e4060fe.jpg

We actually changed to white honeycomb tiles specks of black. But luckily due to some miscommunication, the original black honeycomb tiles that we ordered were delivered instead.

And Mr. K was right ! The honeycomb tile were in his words "黑色 honeycomb 美".

The fierce tiler was scrutinising his masterpiece, and my Mrs saw him slowly and carefully wiping them.

And look at the edges. They were cut to perfection !

By the way, Mr K told us he will decide the grout colour for us.

And we were extremely pleased to see white grout !

He really understands what we want.

(the entire shower area will be black honeycomb)

Hi macuser,

are these black glossy tiles? initially, wanted black glossy tiles but run out of stock... so make do with matt instead...

Nice

Sorry, your PM box was full. Could you kindly pm me Mr K's contact number?

my BTO is coming in 2 mths time, looking for ID/contractors.

Thank you in advance.

Like how your flat is shaping up! :good:

Thanks! Will pm you. :)