Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
macuser77

Our Second Reno Journey

Thanks for your advice :)

Yes you're right we wanted splashes of colour, but then this does look cheap. Looks like those trolleys used to put OHP ( overhead projector) during secondary school days. Haha

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I would consider buying a mid-century style wood piece with pencil legs and has some accents of colour. Have you one to likethatone? They have some one of a kind pieces

Help needed for TV console :

What we wanted :

IMG-20130611-WA0002_zps0bd81e4d.jpg

We wanted this as it didn't have a "heavy looking" feel that we're trying to avoid. It will be placed against the "pinkwhale lookalike" brick wall. As time pass by, we grew more uneasy with this as we felt that it couldn't blend in. I personally think the wheels looked funny, and it resembled store room shelvings.

Can anyone give your view on this ?

yea agree it looks a bit cheap...and seeing you are spending good $$$ on the brickwall...maybe look for an alternative? I second the wooden with pencil leg comment! :)

Hi

If you've noticed my contractor is the same as Mangoo's. will pm you his contact

Hi, dun mind can share with me your contactor. Try PM u but your inbox is full.

Hi Vanessa

Thanks for your advice! We have, in my opinion, practically scoured the whole of singapore looking for the perfect media console. I've seen many houses using the wooden console with pencil legs and it is very very nice. our concern is that it will not match the rest of our house as we are looking at something modern. Do you think it will be clashy or it works just fine? We've seen too many such that we're simply at a loss now! So we really don't know what to do!

Guess we will drop by tan boon liat again this weekend. Hopefully, we can find something, if not I got to ask my contractor make one...:(

Hi Vanessa

Thanks for your advice! We have, in my opinion, practically scoured the whole of singapore looking for the perfect media console. I've seen many houses using the wooden console with pencil legs and it is very very nice. our concern is that it will not match the rest of our house as we are looking at something modern. Do you think it will be clashy or it works just fine? We've seen too many such that we're simply at a loss now! So we really don't know what to do!

Guess we will drop by tan boon liat again this weekend. Hopefully, we can find something, if not I got to ask my contractor make one...:(

What about commune at defu lane? I think I saw one that might be what u r looking for. I find commune stuff pretty good

Oh ya

My hubby saw something at commune that he liked. Guess you know his taste quite well! Hehe

We are hesitant to buy from these big names after reading about retchlow's experience in her blog and our not so pleasant experience with bo. But I guess maybe no harm trying commune :)

Oh ya

My hubby saw something at commune that he liked. Guess you know his taste quite well! Hehe

We are hesitant to buy from these big names after reading about retchlow's experience in her blog and our not so pleasant experience with bo. But I guess maybe no harm trying commune :)

No harm trying...i find the Defu Lane one better stocked than the one in the city...hope that helps :)

Tot I would just post a pic of the living area while waiting for open net.

We decided to box up the living area as hdb rules only allowed for one compressor (for those without the built in aircon ledge) As one compressor is not sufficient to air con the whole house and I'm terribly afraid of the heat, we decided to box up up our living.

This will be our "chill out" corner - I enjoy watching tv and can watch for a whole day! Now I just need to find the perfect tv console for my tv to sit on ;p

(I will ask my hubs to paste the pic directly when I get home. To lazy to do...

Edited by macuser77

Oh ya

Haha! I think the wooden furniture at commune is fine. But take note their furniture are fabricated overseas so delivery may not be as fast.I'm just unlucky la!

Help needed for TV console :

What we wanted :

IMG-20130611-WA0002_zps0bd81e4d.jpg

We wanted this as it didn't have a "heavy looking" feel that we're trying to avoid. It will be placed against the "pinkwhale lookalike" brick wall. As time pass by, we grew more uneasy with this as we felt that it couldn't blend in. I personally think the wheels looked funny, and it resembled store room shelvings.

Can anyone give your view on this ?

Cheap looking furniture can look wonderfully gorgeous if u know how to work your magic on them :)

Cheap looking furniture can look wonderfully gorgeous if u know how to work your magic on them :)

Hi Retch,

Like what my wife said I've got bad taste when it comes to design....so it'll be a difficult task for me. Haha

The drawback of this cb2 console is that the wirings will be very exposed.