Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
macuser77

Our Second Reno Journey

I think it's a good buy, especially now when they're having 15% off for Master Card.

hi Mr Happyl

does the 15% off apply to sales item?

I went to Commune for the first time on Wednesday, almost parted $5xx for a wooden bench with cusion and leather strap.

Thank goodness I wasnt too hungry for it after I had my very late lunch at their cafe at 3pm!

the sofa you bought nize, I like it better than those you shorlisted earlier on.

Edited by sarah833

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi Mr Happyl

does the 15% off apply to sales item?

I went to Commune for the first time on Wednesday, almost parted $5xx for a wooden bench with cusion and leather strap.

Thank goodness I wasnt too hungry for it after I had my very late lunch at their cafe at 3pm!

the sofa you bought nize, I like it better than those you shorlisted earlier on.

Not valid with other discounts.

http://www1.mastercard.com.sg/content/mc/offer-exchange/moments/apmea/en/apmea/shopping/francfranc.html

And we bought our sofa and tv console from Commune:

My wife and I would like to thank Vannesa for suggesting Commune at Defu Lane. Didn't know they've got hidden gems. We were actually not so keen on Commune as the items on display at Millenia is pretty limited.

Despite RetchLow's not so pleasant experience with Commune, we have decided to take the risk and purchased our sofa and tv console from them (and yes the sofa has buttons ! ). Reason is that we have realised it wasn't easy for us to find a simple, comfortable and yet good looking sofa. We have actually short-listed a few, and there was still something wrong somewhere.

1) Sofa:

These were the ones we have initially shortlisted :

Secret sofa & Humphrey :

Yes its quite pretty. But definitely not comfy. I wanted something where i can throw my butt on after a hard day at work (my butt isn't big to begin with). However it was way too hard for our liking, though my wife's best friend told her that sofas are not meant to be comfy. And there was something wrong with the design. Maybe it doesn't look "timeless" ? Or its not "clean" enough for our liking?

Franc franc Couleur Sofa:

Sofa is actually comfy and has 'clean lines'. We would have settled on this if we hadn't stepped into Commune.

So we went to Commune and ended up with :

5776acd751d3cc40df8e1b8c7e1a1b85_zps3698

We were the first customer at Commune, and the moment my wife stepped in, she pointed that out to me. As you all may know, I've got weird taste (bad) occasionally and it took me a while to warm up to the sofa. The first thing i did was to plunge onto it, and yes it's bouncy !!:P

When making payment, we actually reminded the sales person to take note of the buttons and ensure they're properly sewed. Could tell he was trying very hard not to roll his eyes.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. i broke out in laughter. omg...yes, this is the same sofa that i bought! the buttons fell off. now waiting for more to fall off so that i can glue them back. WAHAHHAHHAH.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. i broke out in laughter. omg...yes, this is the same sofa that i bought! the buttons fell off. now waiting for more to fall off so that i can glue them back. WAHAHHAHHAH.

Ok. We'll ask on which glue to use when the buttons start to fall. :P

Edited by macuser77

why not give them a call ask them to strengthen the ?stiching instead of anticipating the buttons to fall apart?

The design of this sofa iis quite timeless I am sure Commune will be happy to fine tune it to make it more lasting.

why not give them a call ask them to strengthen the ?stiching instead of anticipating the buttons to fall apart?

The design of this sofa iis quite timeless I am sure Commune will be happy to fine tune it to make it more lasting.

Ya we told them when making payment. Even mentioned about this negative feedback in the forum. The manager/sales just gave me "don't fuss over small stuff look". It's usually like that when buying from so called "the bigger players".

If the button fell off from a shirt I bought from cotton-on, H&M, Mango I wont make a fuss, but if I pay a premium for the shirt from a more upmarket shop I will make sure my concern is being addressed :) As I told my main contractor renovation can be quite a tiring process,. I will be very bo-eng if I have to take care of all the small fixes myself :)

Oh I ordered a TV console similar to yours before I started on reno, but I changed my mind and used back the 10 year old bookshelf/display shelf-turned-TV console (get the shop to chop off the legs) as it matches my old dining table and mirror better.

The height is not ideal for watching TV from sitting on the floor but it is perfect for watching on the sofa, dining area and from my bed :)

z4pg.jpg

Need more books/magazines and a cable tidy kit to tidy up the mess behind the shelf :-)

c732.jpg

Edited by sarah833

So boss which sanitary wares did u go for in the end?

Shower / taps Hansgrohe lor. Sink and toilet bowl Bravat. Only for the braves. Haha just trying to be corny.

There's a reason for me being fussy over toilet bowls:

Last time we wanna save cost, thought all toilet bowls are the same, so ended up buying this brand called Clayton.

Ended up flushing twice whenever I crap...cannot be I crap alot mah. Then when I flush, the contents splash out. It's freaking irritating.

Bravat should be ok right? Deutsche 1 wor...

Edited by macuser77

If the button fell off from a shirt I bought from cotton-on, H&M, Mango I wont make a fuss, but if I pay a premium for the shirt from a more upmarket shop I will make sure my concern is being addressed :) As I told my main contractor renovation can be quite a tiring process,. I will be very bo-eng if I have to take care of all the small fixes myself :)

Oh I ordered a TV console similar to yours before I started on reno, but I changed my mind and used back the 10 year old bookshelf/display shelf-turned-TV console (get the shop to chop off the legs) as it matches my old dining table and mirror better.

The height is not ideal for watching TV from sitting on the floor but it is perfect for watching on the sofa, dining area and from my bed :)

z4pg.jpg

Need more books/magazines and a cable tidy kit to tidy up the mess behind the shelf :-)

c732.jpg

Hi Sarah,

Saw pics of your home on Flickr, very personalized and it really has some vintage feel.

So what happened to the tv console you initially ordered ? Can be refunded ?

Contents splash out!!! @_@ that's... ****ty..

Ya, so I wanted syphonic flush. But now toto stop doing syphonic flushes. So the only models left with syphonic are the not sleek looking ones.

Story of every rt member, aesthetics n functionality.

Now I must bo pi my wc works properly also as we never saw it in action before.

Shower / taps Hansgrohe lor. Sink and toilet bowl Bravat. Only for the braves. Haha just trying to be corny.

There's a reason for me being fussy over toilet bowls:

Last time we wanna save cost, thought all toilet bowls are the same, so ended up buying this brand called Clayton.

Ended up flushing twice whenever I crap...cannot be I crap alot mah. Then when I flush, the contents splash out. It's freaking irritating.

Bravat should be ok right? Deutsche 1 wor...

omg macuser..u r soooooooooooo funny!!

Edited by retchlow

We'll ask on which glue to use when the buttons start to fall. :P

i can recommend you! the glue is very good! :good:

Edited by retchlow