Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
macuser77

Our Second Reno Journey

should be enough storage for me n my husband only...hehe just the two of us :)

he purposely wanted this fridge so i could not buy alot...hehe economical in his words :bleah:

Your hubby is so cute! The Bosch fridge is really retro and will jazz up your place!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Marcuser....from my trawling around renotalk...i have narrowed down the blinds to this one shop that a lot of people seem to be happy with. You might wanna go check it out too. I don't know the name...but here's the details i gleaned. Curtain shop at Yishun central, next to famous laksa shop. The laksa shop is at Blk 928 Yishun Central 1, #01-155. Not just curtains but blinds too

Marcuser....from my trawling around renotalk...i have narrowed down the blinds to this one shop that a lot of people seem to be happy with. You might wanna go check it out too. I don't know the name...but here's the details i gleaned. Curtain shop at Yishun central, next to famous laksa shop. The laksa shop is at Blk 928 Yishun Central 1, #01-155. Not just curtains but blinds too

hi Vanessa.

Thanks for the info. Will make a trip down. But priority will be the laksa. Is it better than the alexandra village claypot laksa??

hi Vanessa.

Thanks for the info. Will make a trip down. But priority will be the laksa. Is it better than the alexandra village claypot laksa??

Actually i have not been to either one of those stalls. Whenever i get to alexandra village...all i can think about is the crystal pau. LOL.

I might be heading to alexandra village this evening...do you know the name of the laksa stall?

Edited by vanessa

Actually i have not been to either one of those stalls. Whenever i get to alexandra village...all i can think about is the crystal pau. LOL.

I might be heading to alexandra village this evening...do you know the name of the laksa stall?

Zhen shan mei claypot laksa. But if I remember they don't open for dinner.

The Alexandra Village Claypot laksa is the one from Depot Road right? Open till lunch only with long queues.

Yes. Gravy super lemak and nice. There's 2 zhen shan mei. 1 is from the original old couple, and the other is opened by their helper, which is the 1 @ alexandra. Apparently there's some conflict between the old couple and the helper, hence split.

The 1 at alexandra tastes better though.

No they're not Swensen's !!!

Dining lamps ( and no they're not Swensons or equivalent. It's Moroccan !!)

20130705_211854_zps7214422e.jpg

How it looks in the day:

7cc7e3b8368545669dd18bb657396e72_zps6075

We love having steamboat with family, which explains the slightly higher than normal dining lamps.

Full white for my dining table and side board, which will only arrive in mid Aug...Zzz (its the first thing we ordered from this place X in mid-april).

Anyway we wanted a clock from X, and were informed that we need to wait for 5 mths, and a simple pendent lamp, which required waiting time of 3 mths.

We are waiting for the day that X close down.

Wardrobe:

1 of our last minute addition (had wanted Ximula. On the hindsight, glad we did't)

20130708_2100160_zps3d8cf7c4.jpg

Bed:

Yet another last minute addition ( to art00609: if you're reading this, sorry for your carpentry delay as we had quite a number of last minute add-ons.)

We weren't too particular over bed frames. Had wanted to purchase it from Sincere/Courts etc, however Mr K had to show my wife pics of bed frames that he did (solely for the purpose of choosing laminates. Not for the purpose of selling).

20130708_210103_zpsa181d090.jpg

Switches & plugs were initiated by Mr. K. We didn't have any special requests or whatsoever. Very thoughtful of him !! As for the side lamps .....the shades were bought from Etsy.

20130708_210145_zps7a3a3042.jpg

Can i check where did you purchased the Morroco hanging lights from. Thank you.

Can i check where did you purchased the Morroco hanging lights from. Thank you.

Hi Annie,

They can be found at Royal Carpets & Handicrafts at Holland Road Shopping Centre #02-22. Do ask the shop owner to show you the Jap magazine featuring it.

If the button fell off from a shirt I bought from cotton-on, H&M, Mango I wont make a fuss, but if I pay a premium for the shirt from a more upmarket shop I will make sure my concern is being addressed :) As I told my main contractor renovation can be quite a tiring process,. I will be very bo-eng if I have to take care of all the small fixes myself :)

Oh I ordered a TV console similar to yours before I started on reno, but I changed my mind and used back the 10 year old bookshelf/display shelf-turned-TV console (get the shop to chop off the legs) as it matches my old dining table and mirror better.

The height is not ideal for watching TV from sitting on the floor but it is perfect for watching on the sofa, dining area and from my bed :)

z4pg.jpg

Need more books/magazines and a cable tidy kit to tidy up the mess behind the shelf :-)

c732.jpg

OMG i seriously love this idea....

would you mind if i draw inspiration from you and did this for my upcoming reno?

i've been thinking of what to do with my Ikea bookshelf and your idea is OUTSTANDING!

Hi Zi Hui,

Glad that you like the idea :-) I got my inspirations from IKEA hacker website that use old LP covers to dress up the Expedite/Besta doors. Use books/magazines instead of doors and found good use of the old CDs which I no longer listen to since I ripped the contents to my mac mini few years ago.

9316096397_d185963f97.jpg

Just a wordy update with no pics.

Called boconcept today. As they have taken close to 4 months (??) to manufacture our order, I did not have much expectations and was expecting further delays to the already long wait. So it came as a pleasant surprise that our furniture will be delivered one week ahead of schedule. Hoping that it all blends in as we started the Reno wanting a boconcept look, though this thought has evidently changed as we progressed with our Reno. (We actually dislike the boconcept look now...)

The Reno by Mr K is more or less completed and if anyone noticed, we have actually tried to keep it as simple as possible as we always believed that less is more and more importantly, it is the furnishings, be it a cushion, family photo or a vase of flowers, that brings identity and life to the house. Having said that, we are definitely going slow on the furnishings. It will most probably be awhile before the final completed pics are up..

Zhen shan mei claypot laksa. But if I remember they don't open for dinner.

Hey hey! Hope you had a good weekend. Tried the laksa at alexandra food village! It is nice and lemak....agree that it is shiok... :) We got there at 3+....and we were 3rd in line!! :) Thanks for the tip!