Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
isla

Kitchen Countertop

Hi Guys,

Whats the best material for a kitchen counter top? Marble tiles,Homogeneous tiles,solid surface or laminate.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Guys,

Whats the best material for a kitchen counter top? Marble tiles,Homogeneous tiles,solid surface or laminate.

How often do you use the kitchen? It depends on your daily lifestyle. For heavy usage, solid surface or laminate is a no no.

How often do you use the kitchen? It depends on your daily lifestyle. For heavy usage, solid surface or laminate is a no no.

Ok noted. Thanks for the advice. How abt granite?

Most durable top would be granite or quartz material. But, they come with a price.

Have you decided what material to use for your kitchen top? I'm going to use granite. But not sure if I should buy from the seller directly and also don't know which brand is better to buy from.

Corian Top is also easily scratched. To my opinion it is the same as Solid surface just that it is a higher grade made of Acylic.

No worries for the Granite backsplash as it is silicon sealed, although it is 90 degree joint.

Quartz is recommended due to the wide selection of colours and of course it come with a huge price tag.

Hi hi, just to ask , I was quoted that quartz countertop at 7k and granite at 3k, is it really such a huge difference of 4k.... Am still wondering how come the diff is so much...anyone has any idea?

Thanks

Hi hi, just to ask , I was quoted that quartz countertop at 7k and granite at 3k, is it really such a huge difference of 4k.... Am still wondering how come the diff is so much...anyone has any idea?

Thanks

That is expensive. I got mine using quartz @ $3k - 19ft:)- Doesn't be so much difference. 4k is really a lot

Edited by Limpiggy

Hi limpiggy,

What quartz are you using? Ceasarstone?, Iquartz? Silestone, LG? SamSung? etc..

Appreciate if you can tell me how much you paid per feet/foot.

Thank you.

That is expensive. I got mine using quartz @ $3k - 19ft:)- Doesn't be so much difference. 4k is really a lot

Sorry to hijack this thread. Since on the question of countertop, anyone have experience with stainless steel countertop and how much is it as compared to say granite or quartz.

Thanks.. :sport-smiley-004:

I used Hanstone quartz when I renovated my place in 2010. Price ranged from 150 - 220 / sq ft depending on the width of the quartz (60mm or 90mm). Including 40mm front facing and 50mm backsplash. My total cost was about 5k, including labour for cutting out holes of hob & sink