Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaykr

An Experiement In Designing My New Home

Hi MiracleSG,

I didn't buy the basic bowl by itself, I bought it as a cabinet set that comes with the stainless Steel cabinet + basic Bowl & faucet

Don't know excat size of the bowl, but the cabinet itself is 600mm.

Hope this helps

Hi, may I check with you where did you buy that unique shaped vanity basin bowl and also how much?

Do you roughly know the width and depth of the bowl? Thanks. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi BB 1314,

Thank you for the info. much appreciated. =)

From the floor to worktop is 84.5cm; others as below, I3 & S1 is inside the 23cm door height. Hope that helps.
81EA9F2A-5A66-4EA5-831E-A4E6E087DDD7-252

Hi jus4fun,

The thing is I actually gave my contractor photos along with drawings and then asked them to double check and tell me if there is anything wrong and if there is anything that needs to be changes so tell me so that we can decide on the final set of drawings. I wanted to get their expert opinion and make sure there is no issues , but end up still got issues. :dunno::rolleyes:

After much discussion, they "fixed" the issue, However, the fixing lead to design changes that lead to issues that cannot be fixed. Also, I had bought all the Blum products based on their insistence that I buy 1st, and had to find ways to use the ones I bought and has already been open and thus cannot be returned.

All these issues would not have happened if the contractor communicated and provided all the materials to the carpenter . tsk..tsk.

No lah, 有要求 is 理所当然 de.. spent $ le of cos mus make sure is to ur liking & specs.. smmore blum so exp! :P

Was oso thinking of blum but undestd it wld take up some space so went for the cheaper normal soft close instead..

But having our own specific requirements oso got gd & bad la.. I was also very specific wif my carpentary dimensions so much so I drew out all the tech drawings c/w measurements & asked them to jus follow.. Generally all were ok, but there were sm parts that din turn out so well.. e.g. I wanted 4 drawers for my lower kitchen cabinets.. ended up all the drawer height not 3 not 4.. my oversight! :( luckily i nvr went for blum, else..

I think at the end of the day, chemistry & trust with the ID/contractor, who must prove tt he/she is professional & trustworthy too of cos, is very impt! :)

Edited by jaykr

Hi pinkyceline,

Apologises, but sharing my cost would not help you as my requirements and yours are quite different. our needs would be different.

=)

hi Jaykr, can share how much is your renovation cost, please? your PM seem full house. hehe. thanks.

Hi Grey,

msged you =)

Hi Jaykr,

Can you PM me the contact of Craftstone Supplier and the Transport company. Wanted to add another wall with Craftstone if it is really cheap as it cost a bomb in Singapore.

Fyi, I also buy quite a fair bit of stuff from JB. E.g. Fan, Lights, Switches...

If you are interested, I can also share some info with you.

Thanks a million!

My kitchen cabinet was finally completed yesterday. There are still couple of issues with the servo drive they need to resolve which they will come back later to resolve.

It is now my turn to look for defects and report to them so that they can fix it.

Here are a couple of pictures for a preview, I will post more later when the counter-top is installed. =)

Visual drawing of the kitchen cabinet used to communicate to carpenter ( not for dimensions) :

9168179126_9c67fca66b_c.jpg

Overview of Kitchen cabinet from window side looking into dining / living walkway :

9168180956_06aa2959a2_c.jpg

Overview of Kitchen cabinet from window side looking into dining / living walkway - 2 :

9168176538_65d3d6cd50_c.jpg

Hi Jaykr,

Was following your T blog and found you got great deals buying Craftbriks in JB factory directly. Wanted to do brick walls for my new home.

Can share how much u got the Craftbricks per carton cost? Also can ask if you can share the transport company that do able to transport the Craftbricks from JB factory to Sngapore address across customs. :) appreciate your help! Thanks!!!

Hi Hana,

Apologies, I don't remember the price as I bought it like 2 months ago I think.... the bill is with my cousin in J.B. ;P

Msged you the transportation contact. =)

Hope it helps.

Hi Jaykr,
Was following your T blog and found you got great deals buying Craftbriks in JB factory directly. Wanted to do brick walls for my new home.

Can share how much u got the Craftbricks per carton cost? Also can ask if you can share the transport company that do able to transport the Craftbricks from JB factory to Sngapore address across customs. :) appreciate your help! Thanks!!!

Hi retch,

Thank you for the compliment. Much appreciated.

Yup the design has turned out well and the workmanship is good.

I had to follow closely the progress to make sure there were no more hiccups by catching when I see something not right at that spot. They fix it immediately.

despite the hiccups, d carpentry still looks great!

Hi MiracleSG,

Msged you the transportation contact.

Well, don't know how to review them? ;p

I ordered the bricks to my cousins place and they picked it up from his place brought it by lorry to my block. They did all the customs clearance for me.

Is there something specific you looking and if I can I will. ;P

Hi jaykr, may I have the transportation contact as well?

What's your review on them?

Thanks. :)

Hi jus4fun,

The thing is I actually gave my contractor photos along with drawings and then asked them to double check and tell me if there is anything wrong and if there is anything that needs to be changes so tell me so that we can decide on the final set of drawings. I wanted to get their expert opinion and make sure there is no issues , but end up still got issues. :dunno::rolleyes:

After much discussion, they "fixed" the issue, However, the fixing lead to design changes that lead to issues that cannot be fixed. Also, I had bought all the Blum products based on their insistence that I buy 1st, and had to find ways to use the ones I bought and has already been open and thus cannot be returned.

All these issues would not have happened if the contractor communicated and provided all the materials to the carpenter . tsk..tsk.

Ha ha I did the same. They r after all the experts & we pay for their service.. shd give their professional advice de.. But somehow, still got comms gap between ID/contractor, carpenter & us lor. In my case, wrong laminate used for my vanity cabinet some more! haiz! :(