Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vanessa

Taobao Help Needed

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Doesn't know how to buy through internet but i must say you all did a great job introducing many of us to TB!

I was blown away when i compare some of the prices sold in china!!

Say for a noob like me, what is the best option if i wish to buy a karaoke set from TB?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.126.4pjQvL&id=18610320659

Does it mean for oversea buying, no more warranty covered?

Does Amcon have a website? Tried to google but nothing turns up. Anyone can assist?

No website but you have to email to Amcon and look for May Ho (amconexpress@hotmail.com). We haven't progressed to the stage to actually buy something from TB and ship back using Amcon. Aim to do 1 soon, maybe after our 1st HDB appointment as we have no place to store the new stuff!

Edited by Makanology

Anyone knows if Amcon will collect GST even if order is less than S$400? And for orders above 1 cubic metre, does Amcon charge by per cubic metre or is there a pro-rated amount? I find it abit hard to estimate how many cbm will my stuff be :dunno:

Edited by bleucheeze

Amcon's minimum charge is 1 cubic m,standard practice for shippers is for whatever in excess of minimum charge is to charge for actual volumetric weight ie if ur total is 1.2 cubic metre, u r charged for1.2 but if you only have 0.9,u still get charged for 1 cubic metre...if u want to be sure, email them …

For smaller items, it's better to use agent service unless u wanna order youself and ship to amcon address.

Eh, have you figure out how to do pay using CC? Is it use CC to charge the "alipay" account?

just to share..... i managed to use alipay via my DBS CC to pay for the purchase. and even got the seller to do overseas shipping for me. i paid him $16 to ship 8 cushion covers.

just to share..... i managed to use alipay via my DBS CC to pay for the purchase. and even got the seller to do overseas shipping for me. i paid him $16 to ship 8 cushion covers.

Wa, nice! You used aliwangwang to correspond with seller? $16 is via air or ship? Pretty reasonable!

Wa, nice! You used aliwangwang to correspond with seller? $16 is via air or ship? Pretty reasonable!

this is what the sellers told me.

click to buy first, but do not proceed to pay. you can talk to them about shipping arrnagements and cost, and even discounts. after that, seller will amend the bill, and you can then proceed to pay.

$16 is via the postal route. he offered courier services at about $30, but i am ok with waiting an extra 3 weeks.

not all sellers offer overseaa shipping. chances are higher if the goods are small parcel size, and the seller has direct access to courier services.

Edited by getzski

Aliexpress shipping charges are included and seem more transparent. Paid via credit card with direct home delivery? Anyone tried? Ok?

Aliexpress shipping charges are included and seem more transparent. Paid via credit card with direct home delivery? Anyone tried? Ok?

I try le... Service not bad n main thing is can converse in English... Charges in usd... Similar items can b found on tb at cheaper rate

Thanks! Deliver to your doorsteps or like TB needs to go through another agent? Roughly how much more expensive than TB ie i assume comparison added in shipment costs as well.

ya i agree even though my chinese not too bad i think.

u buying soon?

i looking at sinks, oil paintings, kitchen accessories etc. but have yet to take the plunge ... SOON SOON

I try le... Service not bad n main thing is can converse in English... Charges in usd... Similar items can b found on tb at cheaper rate

But aliexpress usually has a minimum order quantity right?

Edited by bleucheeze