Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

These 10x10 shouldn't be that ex right? Anyways we have decided to lay our peranakan tiles this way as Mr E says this is the real authentic way (sounds like Simon says...)

So our bathrooms will not have so many prints now...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

These 10x10 shouldn't be that ex right? Anyways we have decided to lay our peranakan tiles this way as Mr E says this is the real authentic way (sounds like Simon says...)

So our bathrooms will not have so many prints now...

It's quite cheap from what I remember... and it's actually not exactly 10x10, it's somewhere between 10.6cm or something, but definitely a square lah.

We were upset today... We thought we have been super lucky and have found an original resale unit with a nice & sincere seller. COV asked was very reasonable and the surroundings very good. We said too soon. Today the seller contacted our agent. He wants to back out from the deal, just 1 week after our 1st appointment.

His reason: he feels he deserves more COV after he heard his neighbour's unit being sold for more.

So much of singing his praises to all our friends! Naturally we said no. The deal is signed in b/w and there is no turning back. We will not back down!

We have gotten 3 quotes and still waiting for 1 more.

Alan (contractor) - highly recommended by fellow renotalkers. He seems open-minded especially our idea are pretty colorful. It helps that we enjoyed good chemistry with him. His 1st quote exceeded our budget by $10k but we didn't want to give up. We realized ideas do not come cheap so we toned down our dreams. Received his revised quote yesterday and it seems palatable. Going to meet him the 2nd time this weekend.

Kevin (contractor) - also highly recommended by fellow renotalkers. Known for his creative ideas and all this while, not sure why, I kept envisioning a kindly old uncle. To my surprise, he is not old at all heehee. Good chemistry with him during our 1st meeting and we can see his creativity when we shared our ideas. We have been forewarned that Kevin's services do not come cheap and true enough, his quote is the highest (slightly lower than $50k). We have no idea what to cut from his quote; basically averagely he is charging approx 10-20% per item.

In-Lookz (ID) - the 1st ID we met and we decided to contact her as she has done a similar-themed 3 roomer recently. Pleasant meeting though she shook her head a couple of times when we shared our ideas. Nonetheless, she took the initiative and helped us check if we can shift a wall. Her quote wasn't too bad but the chemistry with her is not as good as what we felt with the first 2 guys.

Jessica (ID) - recommended by our property agent and she did his place recently (looks good from the photos). She seems nice & open-minded and it was a good time sharing our ideas with her. She also makes some suggestions to fine-tune our ideas which are good! Waiting for her quote as we met 2 days ago only.

We were upset today... We thought we have been super lucky and have found an original resale unit with a nice & sincere seller. COV asked was very reasonable and the surroundings very good. We said too soon. Today the seller contacted our agent. He wants to back out from the deal, just 1 week after our 1st appointment.

His reason: he feels he deserves more COV after he heard his neighbour's unit being sold for more.

So much of singing his praises to all our friends! Naturally we said no. The deal is signed in b/w and there is no turning back. We will not back down!

This is what we call greed! Tsk tsk. Don't worry, since everything is already sealed in b/w, there shouldn't be much problem yah. Cheer up! :sport-smiley-004:

Ya that's what we told ourselves. Other than 'drowning' ourselves with Sapporo, we plunged straight into retail therapy also heeheee

We will continue to plan for our renovation journey!

Ya that's what we told ourselves. Other than 'drowning' ourselves with Sapporo, we plunged straight into retail therapy also heeheee

We will continue to plan for our renovation journey!

Wa, what did you buy? Must share all your good buys here leh... but hope doesn't entice us too much :P

Wa, what did you buy? Must share all your good buys here leh... but hope doesn't entice us too much :P

Waiting for a quote on some fans from the website I told you earlier. Double checking the price on the fino fan + freight. Are you heading to JB soon?

Also trying to buy all our faucets progressively now. Ordered 2 x bathroom taps from Amazon but can't seem to save the image on the phone. Will show you later. Now trying to buy the rest of the taps/showerhead from Amazon, TB and Lightinthebox.com

Alamak! One of the IDs just whetted our appetite with this:

8531924621_c01dfda35d.jpg

Living room by Makanology, on Flickr

Smart move by her... Because of this, we are shortlisting her also! It will be a battle of the genders - Male contractor VS female ID!

Edited by Makanology

Alamak! One of the IDs just whetted our appetite with this:

8531924621_c01dfda35d.jpg

Living room by Makanology, on Flickr

Smart move by her... Because of this, we are shortlisting her also! It will be a battle of the genders - Male contractor VS female ID!

Interesting fan! Clean concept :)

Or just steal her ideas and give it to your contractor! :P

dun worry abt the greedy seller.. cannot do anything to u now as far as the re-sale is concern.. ya enjoy ur retail theraphy ba! :sport-smiley-004:

that ID quite gd leh, so fast give u 3D drawing liao to entice u (but i bet only 1 piece right?). i oso ever encountered one ID very fast gave me 3D drawing of my living rm & kitchen liao after only 1st meet-up & sire survey. of cos without really knowing & understanding wat i'm looking for, the design not to my liking. eventually oso never engage him. then he asked me why i nvr give him a chance after he had spent much efforts to come up with 3D drawing even before i engage him?? :huh: i said no obligation de mah!! :no:

Edited by jus4fun

Interesting fan! Clean concept :)

Or just steal her ideas and give it to your contractor! :P

Haha actually she incorporated our ideas but she modernize the look; not exactly what we want. Can't seem to go with our sewing machine legs...

dun worry abt the greedy seller.. cannot do anything to u now as far as the re-sale is concern.. ya enjoy ur retail theraphy ba!

Let's hope that everything will be alright. Our agent is with the seller and his agent now to talk. We asked "what's there to talk?" Now waiting for our agent to update us... Sianz...