Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

If Amazing Alan really reads RT, can he let us know when we can meet Mr Carpenter to discuss about our kitchen cabinet?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi jay, well after a few rounds of heart-to-heart talk between Mr E and Alan. Mr E has been spending every weekday (930am-530pm) since last week. Luckily his work is online based so he can work from anywhere.

Poor Mr E! It must be very tiring to be there daily from morning till afternoon!

Ahhh....I see its Retch recommendation! Thanx Retch, they were able to give me a price lower than even some of the distributors!

They didn't have the hood I was looking for but that's ok. =)

Delivery also don't charge or at least they never charged us. And we asked them to split into 2 trips - the more urgent items first and then the rest a week later. They kept the stock for us for over a month! Thanks to @retchlow for her recommendation!

heheheh. That is what I have been doing from the start of the renovation. I think by now Alan doesn't like me..... :P

He thinks I complain too much and I think I don't. ;p

However, if he agrees to do it , he will definitely do it for you, like you said, need to have a heart to heart talk.... :drunk:

Hi jay, well after a few rounds of heart-to-heart talk between Mr E and Alan. Mr E has been spending every weekday (930am-530pm) since last week. Luckily his work is online based so he can work from anywhere.

Wah! That's hard work! I have tried spending a day on site to monitor their work and I almost died from boredom. :blink:

Yes I know so sometimes Mr E also helps them by getting his hands dirty. He has a hand in fixing up our craft bricks which is really a VERY hard task! But good side is on the spot, he can answer their queries & so we avoid rectification later.

Glad that things are finally moving along well for u despite all the hardship.. it's part of the journey isn't it? and what a 'memorable' one! Shd be able to see the final products real soon? :yamseng:

For the peranakan tiles, are you referring to this?

8747882196_7f1e8685f4_n.jpg

Kitchen & bathrooms by Makanology, on Flickr

Hmmm we actually counted wrongly & bought extra tiles which eventually went to our stairs

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=15626438874

YES! Thank you for the link! Is it ceramic?

Wah converting the Bakelite switches into wall hooks? Now that's really ingenious!

We bought these online for actual electrical use though :)

8497009609_33e126cd69.jpg

Bakelite switches by Makanology, on Flickr

yea it was a great idea...using them as wall hooks...do you mind sharing the link for this light switch you are actually using as a switch? I would like to buy one for the new home...for the retro looking toilet :)

Edited by vanessa

Hi Vanessa, we bought the Bakelite switches from this Australia shop called Discount Brassware (http://discountbrassware.com.au/). Do remember to buy the mounting board for them and these are good for S'pore use with Clipsal parts I think. Though not cheap! They ship direct as well.

And yes the TB tiles are ceramic but best to use Daigou or Peeka or Amcon as it offers only self-collection from a local logistics centre in Guangzhou...

Tomorrow is 武林大会, cos it is the last lap for us. We are expecting these people to work at our place - tiler, electrician, plumber, doors/windows installers, painter, laminate floor guy and their teams! It is a gathering of all the clans to showcase their 功夫!

Edited by Makanology

Tomorrow is 武林大会, cos it is the last lap for us. We are expecting these people to work at our place - tiler, electrician, plumber, doors/windows installers, painter, laminate floor guy and their teams! It is a gathering of all the clans to showcase their 功夫!

lol ! 华山论剑!! looks like u will finish the race first!!

Wow! you're going to have a curry puff party tomorrow at your house with all the sub cons. Call Alan to the party too!! :P

Probably can hear some of new musical with all kinds of tool sounds.....;P

ok...ok...I will stop been corny now....;p

Good Luck! hope to see some pics tomorrow or Friday!

Ohhh....and thanx Mr. E for his suggestion, I will probably do that as a last resort it involves a lot of work...see if I can find a faster solution to my problem. =)

Hi jaykr, ya curry puff party sounds nice. Today we got some screw-up also but not by Alan. Aircon installer's vehicle broke down so after repair, they only arrived at 3plus. Best, they brought a jackhammer which is usually used to drill roads. They said our prefab walls super solid so must use more powerful tools. Drilled all the way past 5pm! Downstairs neighbors x 2 came up to complain but when they saw Mr E (who is quite 大只) there, one of them 'u-turn' and said prefab walls are more sturdy LOL. But amazingly the aircon guys finished the installation around 9pm...phew!

Aircon trunking done but before painting (pardon the poor lighting & mess):

MBR (hope most of the trunking can be covered by the curtains)

8880174690_0cb7c186f3_n.jpg

Aircon trunking (before painting) by Makanology, on Flickr

8879555115_8bb5a9b88e_n.jpg

Study room (with our puny ceiling fan and dim E27 light kit. Need to change to brighter bulbs)

8879562239_f677e1ba43_n.jpg

Living room (no trunking at all)

8879566997_ab78e24e5d_n.jpg

Tomorrow they will all be painted over by the super patient Burmese painters.

Edited by Makanology