Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cclim11

Usa Kitchen Faucet Thread Size Not Correctly?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, did u managed to get tour faucet fixed? I'm facing this problem too. Bought my faucet from amazon and now plumber says the thread is too small for singapore.hope there is a local solution to this problem coz I like my faucet v much !!

P

Hi everyone,

Recently, I bought that kitchen Faucet from amazon USA: http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B004YXD5II because of its looks and great reviews. However, when my plumber tried to install that, he told me that the thread screw cannot be fit correctly.

Can any one here help me??

Thanks in advance :yamseng:

No reply??

Anyway I've sorted it out. Managed to find the adapter locally. I'm glad as the tap is at least $1k cheaper vs Singapore price.

http://www.blancoamerica.com/inter/kt/HeilerPPMKatalog/hlr-system/USA/Faucets/BLANCOCULINA/r441331_CULINA.jpg

Hi, did u managed to get tour faucet fixed? I'm facing this problem too. Bought my faucet from amazon and now plumber says the thread is too small for singapore.hope there is a local solution to this problem coz I like my faucet v much !!

P

anyone know where can i get G 3/8" to local piping adaptor?

went to a few hardware stores they all dont carry.

my Hansgrohe and Kohler faucet is having thread fitment issues.

Hi

I was planning to purchase this Hansgrohe faucet (http://www.hansgrohe-usa.com/articledetail-talis-e2-talis-e-single-hole-faucet-31612001.html) from Amazon but I stopped after seeing this post. Is it true that the thread size is different and you can't use it in Singapore?

Based on the specs, I note it is a 3/8" for the inlet.

Edit:

I checked the Singapore website and found the similar brochure. It seems the diameter is the same (http://www.hansgrohe.com.sg/articledetail-talis-e2-single-lever-basin-mixer-with-pop-up-waste-set-31612000.html?fsid=&pageid=&q=talis%20E).

So is there an issue?

Edited by LionFlyer

Hi same issue here. wish Snookie could let us know where adaptor was found. i bought an RODI purifier from US but can not find an adaptor....

Hi would anyone know of a plumber that knows how to fix a USA kitchen faucet?

hi i hope this channel is still actively. i am afraid i have got the same problem (bought a Grohe tap online) but plumber says the fitting too small to fix to local piping.

Anyone managed to find the adapter? pray tell.

thanks

Hi all

Just to share my thought

All product bought from Euro come with 3/8 inch fitting, wheras our local piping using 1/2 inch , you just need to go any hardware shop and tell them you need to buy a 1/2 inch to 3/8 inch "reducer "or an "adaptor" , which cost around $2.00 or lesser.

You may want to bring your mixer to the hardware shop to show them , so that they will be able to help.

• Like 1

It's quite easy to get 1/2 to 3/8 reducer

But need to be also specific whether it's male or female

Thanks for sharing...problem is i have been to at least 2 shops (though i couldn't bring the hose of my faucet along)...and bought them to try ..but it appears the 3/8 is still too big to fit the faucet hose.

i am quite clear i need a female 1/2 inch to a male 3/8 COMP ...

any idea is it because of the Compressed (COMP) fittings and the type of threading that is causing the problem?

I take it that in SG we are using the UK standard thread...and the faucet i bought is the US standard type, am i wrong to make this conclusion?i seem to have a problem trying to explain the type of threading type (NPT,etc) to the shops....is there a better way for me to explain to them in their lingo?