Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

31DIaDlFR2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Kraus KPF-1621 Single Lever Pull Out Kitchen Faucet, Chrome

Hi guys, saw this at Amazon. Like to hear some opinions from you all. I think it's quite cheap but I am worried whether it can be used in Singapore. I know nuts about pumping etc.. Any experts here can advise? Thanks!

thks for dropping me a msg at my t-blog. thks kim76 too. I got this faucet but yet to install by plumber. so far haven't heard from the plumber of any issues. fingers crossed. He will be installing it within these few days.only worry is the water tube size :unsure:

oh forgot to also mention that this faucet is tall. good to be combined with a 30-32 inch sink. Now i really regret not getting a bigger sink!!!! :P

Edited by yokechye

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

thks for dropping me a msg at my t-blog. thks kim76 too. I got this faucet but yet to install by plumber. so far haven't heard from the plumber of any issues. fingers crossed. He will be installing it within these few days.only worry is the water tube size :unsure:

oh forgot to also mention that this faucet is tall. good to be combined with a 30-32 inch sink. Now i really regret not getting a bigger sink!!!! :P

Hi,

Have not tried buying mixers from amazon us before. Did check out the hansgrohe mixers on amazon previously but noticed that the last 3digits always differed from the part no. used in Singapore....plus know about kim76's difficulty in connecting his filter/faucet, so in the end dared not buy from amazon and bought from insani24.de instead ( germany online reseller).

Let us know if it can fit without use of additional adaptor. Fingers crossed....

Cheers,

Hi guys, saw this at Amazon. Like to hear some opinions from you all. I think it's quite cheap but I am worried whether it can be used in Singapore. I know nuts about pumping etc.. Any experts here can advise? Thanks!

The plumber came to fix up the kitchen sink faucet and connect the sink trap. :sport-smiley-004:

p1030050s.jpg

Glad that the faucet is able to be connected and realised that it is actually a common thing for mixer faucet. My current house also uses the same adapter. :sport-smiley-018:

p1030052ml.jpg

p1030051s.jpg

The plumber came to fix up the kitchen sink faucet and connect the sink trap. :sport-smiley-004:

p1030050s.jpg

Glad that the faucet is able to be connected and realised that it is actually a common thing for mixer faucet. My current house also uses the same adapter. :sport-smiley-018:

p1030052ml.jpg

p1030051s.jpg

Looks gd! I will go to your T-blog and see see look look.

Hi,

Have not tried buying mixers from amazon us before. Did check out the hansgrohe mixers on amazon previously but noticed that the last 3digits always differed from the part no. used in Singapore....plus know about kim76's difficulty in connecting his filter/faucet, so in the end dared not buy from amazon and bought from insani24.de instead ( germany online reseller).

Let us know if it can fit without use of additional adaptor. Fingers crossed....

Cheers,

Could the difficulty comes about due to the tap threading of American National Standard vs our local Unified Inch Standard? :dunno:

Please read this : http://www.ring-plug-thread-gages.com/ti-N-vs-UN.htm

I not sure if anyone interested. But I will post here since we are talking about sink. I did post this in my T-blog though.

Hi all,

After 2 days of running to different hose companies & hardware shops, I think I may be able to solve this issue after all.

A bit of background, the 3M filter comes with 3/8 tube. The facet need 1/4 tube. Our HDB water pipe is 1/2". So we have 3 different size to play here.

First, we need a connector from HDB 1/2" to 3/8" hose.

SMC KQ2H11-37S PBT Push-To-Connect Tube Fitting with Sealant, Adapter, 3/8" Tube OD x 1/2" NPT Male with Brass Threads

51Tarb8RFxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Then a connector to convert 3/8" to 1/4" tube.

SMC KQ2H07-11 PBT Push-To-Connect Tube Fitting, Adapter, 1/4" Tube OD x 3/8" NPT Male

31AoBpzXfQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I did not buy from Amazon. Just provide a link for u to reference. I bought locally at SMC main branch walk in sales counter.

SMC Pneumatics (SEA) Pte Ltd

33 Tuas Avenue 8

Singapore 639251

Tel : 65-68610888

Fax : 65-68611889

URL: http://www.smcsing.com.sg

And lastly U buy a 1/4" tube. :good:

img41871.jpg

:good: hurray!!! Hope u'll love ur sink as much as others do... Ur 23" sink is round or square?

I have just bought my 23" Kraus sink! It is going to reach me by next Thursday :good:

:good: hurray!!! Hope u'll love ur sink as much as others do... Ur 23" sink is round or square?

I bought square :thumbs up:

Wah, my eyes are swimming after reading through this thread. Never knew so much knowledge is needed just in a kitchen sink -_-" And quite surprised that a sink can cost more than $500, haha. I have not started my reno yet, so not sure the details of what is needed in my kitchen. Saw many flyers with promotions on kitchen packages averaging around $10k. Wonder what sinks they use?

For those who recommend certain brands which are better, care to enlighten in which aspects are those brands of better quality? So I know how to make my comparisons ;) Thanks

Wah, my eyes are swimming after reading through this thread. Never knew so much knowledge is needed just in a kitchen sink -_-" And quite surprised that a sink can cost more than $500, haha. I have not started my reno yet, so not sure the details of what is needed in my kitchen. Saw many flyers with promotions on kitchen packages averaging around $10k. Wonder what sinks they use?

For those who recommend certain brands which are better, care to enlighten in which aspects are those brands of better quality? So I know how to make my comparisons ;) Thanks

Yup, please highlight the difference between the $150 sinks we can get in Singapore (which they claim are "treated") and the kraus sink which is almost double the price.

Easier to maintain? Harder/thicker stainless steel? Accessories are better? Cheers! TIA

Yup, please highlight the difference between the $150 sinks we can get in Singapore (which they claim are "treated") and the kraus sink which is almost double the price.

Easier to maintain? Harder/thicker stainless steel? Accessories are better? Cheers! TIA

The Chinese saying is 一分钱一分货, "yi fen qian, yi fen huo" (pronounced ee fen chee-ahn, ee fen hoo-oh). This translates literally to one cent gives you one cent's worth of merchandise.

If the feedback from the kraus buyers in this forum do not convince you enough, than buy from the local lor. :sport-smiley-004:

Although im yet to install me sink( plan to start reno after CNY next year.. Wahaha) but im seriously pleased with the sink i've ordered. All thanks to kim76 reno t-blog which made me went 'wow' when i first saw the sink pics in his blog. It is solid and i simply like the way it looks.(23" square sink for me).

In the end, it's own personal preference... My friends shook their head when they knew i ordered a sink that cost more than 500+. But i couldnt care less. im paying for the quality...