Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Due to budget, I bought Elkay brand. However, I can't seem to be able to find the kitchen sink I bought from the internet. It is a double-bowl and pretty deep.

Thank you all for the poison and i had acquired a Farmhouse Apron 33" Sink! haha...

IMG_1736_zps2b5f10a9.jpg

Wow.... I think u are the first to get a Apron Kraus sink!! Cool!! :dribble: :dribble:

Remember to show us after installation... :yamseng: :yamseng:

mine cheaper than kim76 eventhough it is 23inch. think round design consider not artas? haa

my breakdown:

Item(s) Subtotal: $169.95

Shipping & Handling: $85.45

-----

Total Before Tax: $255.40

Sales Tax: $0.00

-----

Total for This Shipment:$255.40

Anyone knows if price above are in USD or SGD? Now this sink is US$260 on Amazon :blink:

Thanks Sygnur.

May I check with people who are using Kraus sink - so far any issue eg rust or stains?

Anyone tried pouring hot water in and how did the sink perform? Cos I read one Amazon reviewer who said the sink "pops" occasionally when she pours hot water in. I will be grateful if any kind soul can help me do a test :sport-smiley-018:

Appreciate all feedback and comments. Thanks in advance!

Edited by bleucheeze

Thanks Sygnur.

May I check with people who are using Kraus sink - so far any issue eg rust or stains?

Anyone tried pouring hot water in and how did the sink perform? Cos I read one Amazon reviewer who said the sink "pops" occasionally when she pours hot water in. I will be grateful if any kind soul can help me do a test :sport-smiley-018:

Appreciate all feedback and comments. Thanks in advance!

Mine so far ok. Got micro scratches but it due to my laziness cos I always put the heavy pot on it. Anyway the scratches can be remove easily with CIF.

Definitely no rust. All stainless steel or chrome stuff will have water stain if you leave water on it. Unless u wipe the sink dry after every use. Who would do that? :bleah:

Well, I did that the 1st week after moving in. Now too lazy... Cos water stain can be easily remove also.

I use boiling water to clean once a week. No poping sound leh...

Let's see if there is any other feedback from other users.

Thanks for your feedback! Ya la, doubt anyone will be so diligent to wipe it everyday. Yest night the 23" sink had a super great deal, now price back to normal :curse::furious:

Edited by bleucheeze

Mine so far ok. Got micro scratches but it due to my laziness cos I always put the heavy pot on it. Anyway the scratches can be remove easily with CIF.

Definitely no rust. All stainless steel or chrome stuff will have water stain if you leave water on it. Unless u wipe the sink dry after every use. Who would do that? :bleah:

Well, I did that the 1st week after moving in. Now too lazy... Cos water stain can be easily remove also.

I use boiling water to clean once a week. No poping sound leh...

Let's see if there is any other feedback from other users.

eh how do u remove water stains ah? :dancingqueen: I wipe down every nite cos I dunno wat to use to remove water stain...heh

rust will form only if a chemical reaction happens eg bits of iron or whatever fall onto the sink. happened to me during reno cos I din cover it - easily removed by autosol...subsequently no rust issues...I got scratches cos I'm not particularly gentle n it doesn't really bother me...hee

disclaimer:I dun use a kraus sink

eh how do u remove water stains ah? :dancingqueen: I wipe down every nite cos I dunno wat to use to remove water stain...heh

rust will form only if a chemical reaction happens eg bits of iron or whatever fall onto the sink. happened to me during reno cos I din cover it - easily removed by autosol...subsequently no rust issues...I got scratches cos I'm not particularly gentle n it doesn't really bother me...hee

disclaimer:I dun use a kraus sink

Just now playing candy crush so the replies to you are very vague. :D :D

I normally just use a microfibre cloth and some magic clean cleaner to remove the water stain. Need to rub on the surface a few times though.

I read somewhere that they recommend vinegar to remove water stain but I never try it so can't comment.

But I did notice something. The HDB issued tap's water stain is much harder to remove than the Hansgrohe tap. :notti: :notti:

Just now playing candy crush so the replies to you are very vague. :D :D

I normally just use a microfibre cloth and some magic clean cleaner to remove the water stain. Need to rub on the surface a few times though.

I read somewhere that they recommend vinegar to remove water stain but I never try it so can't comment.

But I did notice something. The HDB issued tap's water stain is much harder to remove than the Hansgrohe tap. :notti: :notti:

wah, sounds like wiping down be less hassle ah... :dancingqueen:

huh...so hdb taps no good? Anyway I dun have any hdb taps...:notti:

Went to look at Elkay sinks today. There is only one model that fits my criteria, but its steel thickness is only 1mm, thinner then Kraus. I wonder if 0.5mm makes a big difference :dunno:

This Elkay's sound proofing layer below sink feels like just a thin layer. Any Kraus owner who happen to have touched an Elkay sink before? Appreciate feedback please! Thanks! :dancingqueen: