Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

bleucheeze, this is for you

sqm830.jpg

This model can be installed as table-top or undermount sink.

Edited by kooky

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I shortlisted below Kraus 9143 undermount sink below from AliExpress.

Currently on 20% promo at US$499 including all items shown in pic with free shipping direct to doorstep except cutters.

krausundermountsink.jpg

Good deal? Any advice what I should look out for especially buying from overseas to make sure it's a smooth installation?

THANKS!

bleucheeze, this is for you

sqm830.jpg

This model can be installed as table-top or undermount sink.

Thanks for the info! So Monic is Elkay replica? I read before in renotalk that monic is made in china.

Edited by bleucheeze

I shortlisted below Kraus 9143 undermount sink below from AliExpress.

Currently on 20% promo at US$499 including all items shown in pic with free shipping direct to doorstep except cutters.

krausundermountsink.jpg

Good deal? Any advice what I should look out for especially buying from overseas to make sure it's a smooth installation?

THANKS!

This could be kraus oem, but whether or not it's real, very hard to say. You should go search for Sellena 诗琳纳水槽 in taobao, saw some negative reviews like the sink finishing not very good, item came with scratches etc. It seems like this brand is not well known in China, cos if you google, some ppl were asking how this brand compares to other more established chinese sink brand....

Anyway, US$499 is not very cheap... maybe you wanna consider buying kraus directly from Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/Kraus-KHU103-33-33-Inch-Undermount-Stainless/dp/B0032C411C/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1361346517&sr=8-10&keywords=kraus+sink

Edited by bleucheeze

Yes, I believe it is an Elkay replica. It could be from China too as I did google after knowing the name of this sink from the sales lady.

However, for husband and I we are okay as we fancy a double-bowl sink that is big enough for a wok. I like it for the fact that it has a deeper base which is good as chances of water splashing out from the sink; wetting the floor is reduced. I am a simple person; so the simple-look of the sink suits me :-)

Thanks for the info! So Monic is Elkay replica? I read before in renotalk that monic is made in china.

Edited by kooky

Yes, I believe it is an Elkay replica. It could be from China too as I did google after knowing the name of this sink from the sales lady.

However, for husband and I we are okay as we fancy a double-bowl sink that is big enough for a wok. I like it for the fact that it has a deeper base which is good as chances of water splashing out from the sink; wetting the floor is reduced. I am a simple person; so the simple-look of the sink suits me :-)

I like your sink's design too, but looking for a one bowl instead of two. :sport-smiley-018:

This could be kraus oem, but whether or not it's real, very hard to say. You should go search for Sellena 诗琳纳水槽 in taobao, saw some negative reviews like the sink finishing not very good, item came with scratches etc. It seems like this brand is not well known in China, cos if you google, some ppl were asking how this brand compares to other more established chinese sink brand....

Anyway, US$499 is not very cheap... maybe you wanna consider buying kraus directly from Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/Kraus-KHU103-33-33-Inch-Undermount-Stainless/dp/B0032C411C/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1361346517&sr=8-10&keywords=kraus+sink

THANKS for your advice. I had an online chat with the sales rep.

I had to edit this post the THIRD time now.

1st time chat she replied Sellena is Kraus.

2nd time chat she replied Sellena not the same as Kraus but of HIGHER quality. When I asked further why website description listed Kraus which is misleading, she said Sellena is OEM of Kraus. Goodness, so quality should be SAME lah!

Full of ambiguities and not sure if it's due to English communication skill. Though I must say I am impressed that the online chat response is fast and is still available near 11 pm!

MY DECISION: NO GO. Too risky for the amount to be paid and for a not Kraus brand.

Any idea if those in Amazon comes with full installation kits eg overflow trap and bottle trap etc etc?

Edited by lot85

I like your sink's design too, but looking for a one bowl instead of two. :sport-smiley-018:

I personally prefer 1 bowl too 'cos easier to accommodate the pots and pans washing ;-p

I am now looking at 33" Undermount 70/30 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink with 15" x 7" Faucet and Soap Dispenser set. No reviews from Amazon... Any feedbacks anyone?

My link

I am now looking at 33" Undermount 70/30 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink with 15" x 7" Faucet and Soap Dispenser set. No reviews from Amazon... Any feedbacks anyone?

My link

Hi, fyi ah, I don't think the seller ship direct to Singapore for the above sink. If you go by 3rd party forwarder, it will be very ex. Of course unless u got lobang for sea shipment.

I would recommend to buy from Kraus KHU103-33 33-Inch Undermount 70/30 Double Bowl 16 gauge Kitchen Sink,. It is the same sink without the tap n soap. But at least it ship to Singapore at around US$136. There is also 11 reviews too! :good:

Btw, try not to get tap from USA, the thread is different and it can be hard to find compatible fittings.

Hi, fyi ah, I don't think the seller ship direct to Singapore for the above sink. If you go by 3rd party forwarder, it will be very ex. Of course unless u got lobang for sea shipment.

I would recommend to buy from Kraus KHU103-33 33-Inch Undermount 70/30 Double Bowl 16 gauge Kitchen Sink,. It is the same sink without the tap n soap. But at least it ship to Singapore at around US$136. There is also 11 reviews too! :good:

Btw, try not to get tap from USA, the thread is different and it can be hard to find compatible fittings.

I remember you ordered Raindance handshower head online, does the one from Amazon fit local thread size?

I remember you ordered Raindance handshower head online, does the one from Amazon fit local thread size?

Shower head is fine because it connect to the hose. Only those that connect directly to the USA pipe fitting need to take note.

For e.g. kitchen taps, bathroom taps, shower mixer, water filter (I got bad experience in the filter)

• Like 1

Shower head is fine because it connect to the hose. Only those that connect directly to the USA pipe fitting need to take note.

For e.g. kitchen taps, bathroom taps, shower mixer, water filter (I got bad experience in the filter)

Thanks!

THANKS Kim76!! Din know that some sellers/items do not ship direct to Spore. Ok will seriously consider your recommendation! Does this sink "slope" slightly so that water will be able to flow naturally to the hole? The corners are square - easy to clean?

& suprt big thanks for the tap advise. I am not aware of compatibility as well! Any recommendation as well?