Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

The Chinese saying is 一分钱一分货, "yi fen qian, yi fen huo" (pronounced ee fen chee-ahn, ee fen hoo-oh). This translates literally to one cent gives you one cent's worth of merchandise.

If the feedback from the kraus buyers in this forum do not convince you enough, than buy from the local lor. :sport-smiley-004:

thanks lyefam. I totally understand what you are saying. maybe i should drop by someone's place and "touch and feel" one for myself... hahaha... already convinced myself to buy the same faucet

as yokechye... now for the sink... since there are cheaper options here in singapore...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

thanks lyefam. I totally understand what you are saying. maybe i should drop by someone's place and "touch and feel" one for myself... hahaha... already convinced myself to buy the same faucet

as yokechye... now for the sink... since there are cheaper options here in singapore...

Hi londonray,

I would recommend you to go Interior Affairs to take a look (touch n feel), can even knock :sport-smiley-004: . I was impressed by the good quality sinks there but they are in 4 digits range. After u knock on the sink there, any other sinks that u encounter in Geylang, IMM or any other place will never feel the same again. Our Kraus has that type of knocking sound. Thick stainless steel with solid padding to mute the knock. It is hard to explain, u have to experience it. :dribble: :dribble:

:yamseng:

Hi londonray,

I would recommend you to go Interior Affairs to take a look (touch n feel), can even knock :sport-smiley-004: . I was impressed by the good quality sinks there but they are in 4 digits range. After u knock on the sink there, any other sinks that u encounter in Geylang, IMM or any other place will never feel the same again. Our Kraus has that type of knocking sound. Thick stainless steel with solid padding to mute the knock. It is hard to explain, u have to experience it. :dribble: :dribble:

I totally agreed with the thread setter, kim76. He had so "poisoned" me deeply into buying the kraus sink that I didn't do further investigation. I just bought it a week later with no regret.

BUT I had my revenge when I recovered enough to "poison" him in buying the Haiku fan. :sport-smiley-004:

I think most of the kraus sink buyers didn't touch and feel the sink as kraus doesn't have a presence here. They believe in the pictures and the recommendations by fellow forumers and they just buy. :thumbs up:

Hi londonray,

Thanks Kim76. I understand what you mean... it all really boils down to the preference of the person using it i guess. I spend >10k on camera stuff, whereas some of you might just be happy with a Point and Shoot compact. Same for home theatre systems etc etc... at the end of the day, with a limited budget, we all have to make some sacrifices during the renovation. It's just a matter of spending more on what matters MOST to the homeowner. But i would definitely go try out the gd sinks and hear for myself the "knocking sound". So kim and lyefam, i assume that you are saying the kraus would be less noisy than the local mic sinks?

Thanks Kim76. I understand what you mean... it all really boils down to the preference of the person using it i guess. I spend >10k on camera stuff, whereas some of you might just be happy with a Point and Shoot compact. Same for home theatre systems etc etc... at the end of the day, with a limited budget, we all have to make some sacrifices during the renovation. It's just a matter of spending more on what matters MOST to the homeowner. But i would definitely go try out the gd sinks and hear for myself the "knocking sound". So kim and lyefam, i assume that you are saying the kraus would be less noisy than the local mic sinks?

I think you got to hear for yourself and not depend on our ears to "hear" for you. Its rather subjective and our hearing might not be sharp compared to our younger days. :rolleyes:

You got to also see for yourself the epoxy padding Kraus sink has.

The difference in price becomes narrower for bigger sink like the 32" size. Could you accept a few hundred dollars premium for a presumable better quality Kraus sink?

If you could not accept then go for the cheaper local. If you could, you may have to compare the tangible premium brands here with the virtual Kraus sink. Not quite easy to compare. :unsure:

Thanks for all the sharing. Yah, really not easy to compare and decide. Really depends on how you balance between price and quality. I am still so torn. Just looking at types of cookers, hobs, sinks, taps can kill me :bow:

Err, sorry to ask, what is epoxy padding? Also, are granite sinks good? Lastly, what is the els bottom grid in the Kraus sink for? To drain off liquids so the dishes don't get too dirty? Sorry for the many noob questions -_-"

Edited by dolphin88

Thanks for all the sharing. Yah, really not easy to compare and decide. Really depends on how you balance between price and quality. I am still so torn. Just looking at types of cookers, hobs, sinks, taps can kill me :bow:

Err, sorry to ask, what is epoxy padding? Also, are granite sinks good? Lastly, what is the els bottom grid in the Kraus sink for? To drain off liquids so the dishes don't get too dirty? Sorry for the many noob questions -_-"

The epoxy padding is for sound proofing and to minimise (not prevent) condensation, I think. From what I can see, another use of the bottom grid is to minise contact with the sink itself, especially if you are defrosting stuff (so that condensation doesn't form on the underside of ur sink) or if u have stuff that may react to the sink (e.g. a stainless steel bowl u want to leave standing for some time in the sink).

Hi there,

am thinking to get a undermount sink with a budget of $400. Possible to get a Kraus with this budget?

What size you looking for?

Love the S/S grid. very useful. the waste water flows below while all the soap dishes is on the grid. wont mixed together. Guess that is the purpose of it? :sport-smiley-004:

one thing I regretted is.... I should have got a bigger sink! :sport-smiley-018:

dsc08031resize.jpg

I prefer a wide single bowl sink than my previous 2 bowls sink. Most of the time the smaller bowl will be used to put waste bin. it's pretty waste of space.

Now with a wider single bowl i could put a small waste bin at the side on top of the SS grid and still has a bigger space for the washing.

if I require the wider space , i could just take out the waste bin. The waste bin is sitting on the SS grid so it does not obstruct the flow of waste water and scratch

the bottom of the sink. i find the SS grid rather pretty cool and useful.

if you have the space, i would recommend that you go for a bigger bowl.

yokechye, just wondering how much shipping cost did you pay for the Kraus 1621 kitchen faucet? Does Amazon deliver to sg? Or did you use borderlinx/comgateway etc? Do u mind sharing the final cost of the faucet incl. shipping?

Just thinking about how to get the faucet to sg. TIA!

yokechye, just wondering how much shipping cost did you pay for the Kraus 1621 kitchen faucet? Does Amazon deliver to sg? Or did you use borderlinx/comgateway etc? Do u mind sharing the final cost of the faucet incl. shipping?

Just thinking about how to get the faucet to sg. TIA!

Hi londonray, I bought the faucet together with other items so I am not sure the exact cost of it. I would say about SGD160+/- including shipping. What I understand now is that the faucet don't ship direct already. When I bought it, it is able to ship directly to me. Hope it helps.

Hi all, remember my excitement prior to ordering the Kraus KBU-12?!?

It's really lovely. Nice polishing n accessories. Unfortunately, i hv to sell it away now bcos we hv decided to use an apron sink instead. Anyone who's keen to get the same sink? I'm letting go at original price, will show a copy of credit card bill. Cash n carry at strathmore ave.

Everything intact. Only took the sink out to admire a couple of time n take photos. Wish my kitchen is big enough for 2 sinks!!! Argh....

Why buy fr me since u can easily buy fr amazon leh... I can give up to 10% off for hasslefree buyers! N u cld view the condition first.

PM me.