Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

Hi all,

would like to thanks JWSH for recommendation of Genova.

I like this modelDIY bathroom + fan is located at

Blk 123, Bukit Merah Lane 1, #01-90.

(opposite Alexandra Hospital, near Ikea)

Joanne from Genova is very friendly and exprience but the price quoated to me not as good compared to DIY bathroom + fan.

Just for sharing.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Planned to buy this Blanco Silgranit Metra 9 - Soo Kee is selling at $429 .. Anyone know if there is other places selling this brand? Any comments on this sink? Is it good?

metra%209%20offer4.jpg

Hi all, need advice again... I've been searching and researching sinks over the last month+. Have been switching between granite sink, SS sink, square with sharp corners, square with easy clean corners.. HEADACHE! :jawdrop:

Renovation has started today and I need to purchase soon. Am quite decided on SS square sink, preferably rounded corners. Have seen many brands - Elkay, Monic, SQM, Baron, Franke. Honestly, I do not know how to tell the difference :ph34r: They all sounded quite solid when u knock on it. They all come with the padding under the sink. But price ranges from $250 to $500. I want to do undermount so I guess the quality of the sink is really important? Though I have been thinking, it's kinda not common to hear of SS sinks "spoiling"? Am I being too ignorant?

Those who bought the Kraus sink, what made you choose it over the other brands available in SG? Pls share your experiences. Thanks... :huh:

To me, all other sinks i looked at didnt have the 'wow' factor.. But when i saw kraus sink kim76 bought i went :dribble: it's the only sink that made me feel that way, thus i bought it. No disappointment on my part..

Yet to install the sink, though.. Still looking out for ID... :)

Hi all, need advice again... I've been searching and researching sinks over the last month+. Have been switching between granite sink, SS sink, square with sharp corners, square with easy clean corners.. HEADACHE! :jawdrop:

Renovation has started today and I need to purchase soon. Am quite decided on SS square sink, preferably rounded corners. Have seen many brands - Elkay, Monic, SQM, Baron, Franke. Honestly, I do not know how to tell the difference :ph34r: They all sounded quite solid when u knock on it. They all come with the padding under the sink. But price ranges from $250 to $500. I want to do undermount so I guess the quality of the sink is really important? Though I have been thinking, it's kinda not common to hear of SS sinks "spoiling"? Am I being too ignorant?

Those who bought the Kraus sink, what made you choose it over the other brands available in SG? Pls share your experiences. Thanks... :huh:

Some people dun pick Monic/SQM because they're not very well known brands. One of these is Korean I think, both made in China. Both are equally thick as the ones by Reginox (1.2mm ??).

Quality of the SS, based on specs, they're all equivalent to Kraus (I dunno about elkay and baron cos i never looked at them), in terms of thickness and 16 gauge.

I was going to buy the Kraus until I came across a Franke that had a great price (S$476 vs ~S$600+ for the Kraus including shipping) so at the end of the day, price (and brand) won for me. I'm one of those who won't buy Monic/SQM. :P Almost bought Reginox (u can c full range at Ideal Bathroom at Balestier) but didn't see one that I really liked.

SS sinks will spoil if you don't take care, i.e. use steel wool on it, scratch etc. Tons of articles on google about how to take care of your sink. There are those that you have to wipe down otherwise they rust. Not sure what brand that friend of mine bought but there you go ... :sport-smiley-018:

The Korean brand is Rubine I think... Am thinking if I should just take the plunge and buy a 1.2mm sink, whatever the brand :rolleyes:

Yes, there is a promotion by KHK for Franke sink, around $476. But the salesgirl told me the thinkness is only 0.8-1mm. Haiz

The Korean brand is Rubine I think... Am thinking if I should just take the plunge and buy a 1.2mm sink, whatever the brand :rolleyes:

Yes, there is a promotion by KHK for Franke sink, around $476. But the salesgirl told me the thinkness is only 0.8-1mm. Haiz

Decide based on ur budget and what you really like. U r going to be looking at it pretty much everyday for the next few years - so dun get something that u will think "how come i din buy the other one?" every time u see it ... :D

My Franke kitchen sink after installation

P1010598_zps860c99e6.jpg

P1010595_zpsa18b69c7.jpg

P1010597_zps7f2b1e39.jpg

With my Hansgrohe Focus E2 kitchen mixer swivel spout

P1010596_zpsa4485014.jpg

your kitchen got good view! the place looks familiar. you staying at redhill?

Very nice indeed!! How much overhang did u do for ur sink?

I've been advised not to do zero reveal for the sink countertop as was told water seepage will be there sooner than i know.... :dunno:

Very nice indeed!! How much overhang did u do for ur sink?

I've been advised not to do zero reveal for the sink countertop as was told water seepage will be there sooner than i know.... :dunno:

errr, i think it's 10mm...paiseh, i dunno cos i left it to my ID to decide...hee

yokechye, yep, my new place is at redhill :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Waniekilei,

Sorry for the late reply. I have just checked Amazon website and they no longer ship the sink to Singapore. The other one merchant that ships is selling at a higher price.

Amazon sent my sink via DHL and the freight is about $200.00 with additional $68 for GST as the item is more than SG$400.00. According to the product description by Amazon , the shipping weight is 75lbs, you may want to chk out comgateway or hopshopgo to see if it is worth shipping through them.

It is a great sink, I do all the messy preparation work in it. I didn't install the rack provided, I have installed the a sink drawer instead.

imagepdn.jpg

By

Loving this sink drawer by Blum...are there cheaper brands ard though? Anyone know?

Thank you all for the poison and i had acquired a Farmhouse Apron 33" Sink! haha...

The package had some abrasion

IMG_1721_zpsb4dc06e6.jpg

But the packing inside is solid thus item is well protected

IMG_1722_zpse83ce933.jpg

UserGuide

IMG_1739_zps2071e2e2.jpg

Solid sink

IMG_1728_zps59c52201.jpg

IMG_1736_zps2b5f10a9.jpg