Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

THANKS Kim76!! Din know that some sellers/items do not ship direct to Spore. Ok will seriously consider your recommendation! Does this sink "slope" slightly so that water will be able to flow naturally to the hole? The corners are square - easy to clean?

& suprt big thanks for the tap advise. I am not aware of compatibility as well! Any recommendation as well?

No Prob! Now to answer your questions.

Yes, the sink slope slightly. U can see from the photo there are 4 lines leading to the hole, those are formed to have a gentle slope.

The corners are not exactly square. There is a round radius. U can see the photos I posted in the beginning of these thread. Not hard to clean at all.

My tap is Grohe Zedra. Maybe too small for your sink. Below is my sink plus tap.

p1020626c.jpg

Actually this thread got quite a number of taps recommended by other. Go thru it.

Hi Kim , what sort of filter are you referring to ?

Jia lat now. Cos after reading your post I realised

my Kraus bathroom tap is US plumbling fitting :(

Any advice pls .

Hi Twinklebell, below is the filter I use. I had a hard time looking for adapter.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47387&view=findpost&p=745729

Below is a post from a guy who got his tap from Amazon. His plumber manage to settle the connection. So if you already had bought your tap, maybe u can ask your contractor/plumber to help. Mine don't want to help with my filter connection so I had to find myself.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47387&view=findpost&p=745351

Just placed my Kraus KHU103-33 33-Inch Undermount 70/30 Double Bowl 16 gauge Kitchen Sink via Amazon. Stock left = 19 liao. I hope I will be another satisfied customer adding to the perfect reviews!

NOTE: ONLINE PURCHASE PROMOTIONS

(a) ANZ Credit Card - Receive a 5% cash rebate on your recurring payments and online purchases at selected merchants with your ANZ Platinum Card, up to a maximum amount of S$1,200 per calendar year. Cardmembers will need to charge a minimum of S$600 per month in a calendar qtr ie Jan-Mar; Apr-Jun etc
(b) POSB Everyday comgateway promotion - sent to a US address. Comgateway will send to your Spore address. Delivery charges before plus plus saves more than 50% if my calculation is correct. But I decided not to take this up as not very sure about the additional charges levied and did not want to take additional risk for such big item purchase.

Edited by lot85

Wow!! Solid reviews i read about the sink... Im sure u'rs will be great too.. Based on my own shipment( jointly ordered with my neighbour's) the sink will arrive sooner than the ETA, if everything goes well...

Do take pic of it ya..

Edited by Sygnur

Just placed my Kraus KHU103-33 33-Inch Undermount 70/30 Double Bowl 16 gauge Kitchen Sink via Amazon. Stock left = 19 liao. I hope I will be another satisfied customer adding to the perfect reviews!

My link

Total Invoice Breakdown (US$):-

Item(s) Subtotal: $399.85

Shipping & Handling: $151.35

-----

Total before tax: $551.20

Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00

Import Fees Deposit $38.58

-----

Grand Total: $589.78

Estimated Delivery: 8 Mar - 13 Mar (btw 12-15 days)

NOTE: ONLINE PURCHASE PROMOTIONS

(a) ANZ Credit Card - Receive a 5% cash rebate on your recurring payments and online purchases at selected merchants with your ANZ Platinum Card, up to a maximum amount of S$1,200 per calendar year. Cardmembers will need to charge a minimum of S$600 in eligible retail transactions to their ANZ Platinum Card per month for all 3 months in a calendar quarter ("Quarter").

(b) POSB Everyday comgateway promotion - sent to a US address. Comgateway will send to your Spore address. Delivery charges before plus plus saves more than 50% if my calculation is correct. But I decided not to take this up as not very sure about the additional charges levied and did not want to take additional risk for such big item purchase.

Welcome to the club!! :yamseng: :yamseng: :yamseng:

Item shipped and now ETA 4 March. Cham, I actually don't need it so fast. Kiasu-ism at work. I notice the website now no longer says limited stock - **** - should have ordered later.

Hey lot85, I am contemplating also a Kraus double sink but rounded corners : Kraus KBU22 32-Inch Undermount 50/50 Double Bowl 16 gauge Kitchen Sink, Stainless

Did you order other accessories like the faucet/tap for the sink as well as your vanity cabinets? When yours arrive, can I check it out?

My renovations will start next week and carpentry expected to be end March. So I am thinking to order it only beginning of March.

Beginning march should be just fine, as now the peak period has passed... :)

Hey lot85, I am contemplating also a Kraus double sink but rounded corners : Kraus KBU22 32-Inch Undermount 50/50 Double Bowl 16 gauge Kitchen Sink, Stainless

Did you order other accessories like the faucet/tap for the sink as well as your vanity cabinets? When yours arrive, can I check it out?

My renovations will start next week and carpentry expected to be end March. So I am thinking to order it only beginning of March.

Edited by Sygnur

p1020626c.jpg

This photo inspired me for my new kitchen top. Bought an under mount sink over white solid surface.

The only risk as i was told is that IF the sink is damage, my whole solid surface may need to be replaced in order to change the sink!!

Overall length is 25feet!

This photo inspired me for my new kitchen top. Bought an under mount sink over white solid surface.

The only risk as i was told is that IF the sink is damage, my whole solid surface may need to be replaced in order to change the sink!!

Overall length is 25feet!

Thanks for the compliment! :yamseng: :yamseng:

Well, that's why must get a decent thick sink... And of course don't throw the pot into it... Once a while check the silicon between the sink and the solid surface is still intact... If not water might leak into the structure... If do all that, I think you should be fine....

Shower head is fine because it connect to the hose. Only those that connect directly to the USA pipe fitting need to take note.

For e.g. kitchen taps, bathroom taps, shower mixer, water filter (I got bad experience in the filter)

Hi kim76, will i have this problem if i purchase from Taobao? not sure what measurement is China using...

Hi kim76, will i have this problem if i purchase from Taobao? not sure what measurement is China using...

I think it should be fine, since most of our stuff come from China anyway, but I can't be 100% sure. U can search around in the T-blog section.

Thanks for the compliment! :yamseng: :yamseng:

Well, that's why must get a decent thick sink... And of course don't throw the pot into it... Once a while check the silicon between the sink and the solid surface is still intact... If not water might leak into the structure... If do all that, I think you should be fine....

I used epoxy over the silicon after my contractor finished the installation. Those epoxy that hardens like solid stone/steel type. Good thing abt these epoxy is that mould does not grow on them so easily. Keeps the water permanently away from the cabinet structure.

I used epoxy over the silicon after my contractor finished the installation. Those epoxy that hardens like solid stone/steel type. Good thing abt these epoxy is that mould does not grow on them so easily. Keeps the water permanently away from the cabinet structure.

That's good advice.. U got a name for the epoxy? Since there are so many in the market. I probably will get one to try it out!

Thanks! :yamseng: