Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrmerry

Qhouse@fernvale 5Rm

So to be frank so far.. the only piece of furniture that is confirm is our bed. The Willow Spring with princess headboard.

2013+-+36.png

But now looking at the bedframe headboard.... =( abit ugly...

531883_10200551214636740_133220002_n.png

Changing the covers to fabric again.. but keeping in view if we see any irresistible bedframes..

2 item ticked off and confirmed to be buying will be the miele washer and dryer. Wifey worked as sales in electrical appliances before so she very leaning towards it and me being the cleaning freak also leaning towards cleaner washings ;D Lucky got sale also.

Screen+Shot+2013-04-23+at+5.18.34+PM.png

Heart pain..but o well.. its something u use daily or bi-daily..so a good one is very important.

2013+-+7.png

Saw the fisher and packer fridge. leaning towards the white one.. though silver brushed silver also nice..

2013+-+5.png

A nice touch led study light with varying degrees of light... but **** ex ..

I am eyeing the similar fridge albeit smaller.

I had tough time convincing the missus to get fisher and paykel fridge though coz the price is higher than those korean brand fridge. But in the end, she agreed to it, YES!!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We got the same bed from Serta! :)

When my current washer breaks down wanna get the Miele one too! Love my Miele vacuum

congratz le.. i still waiting for my block to b ready.. diagonally in front of urs.. mayb u reno finish n move in then we start getting keys lor.. :(

More mood photos i hoarded over these 2-3 years!

WEterrarium.jpg

Plants are a must!

2_rect540.jpg

color scheme feels serene but abit boring..

InspiringWorkspaces1_061611_rect540.jpeg

OK this is impossible untill i get a landed property...

unwastebookcase-1_rect540.jpeg

colors here are just right for me. Cant wait for the new place to be populated!

Edited by mrmerry

Quick update, Just went to Hafary for tiles selection this morning and updated Andy that we wanan revert back to open concept ( YESSSS WIFEY FINALLY AGREES!!!) , prolly will get back to us tuesday. In the mean time we finally bought our furnitures form this amazing place.

376138_10200582277613295_582488387_n.jpg

we were supposed to be browsing only, but i think we ended up buying the majority of our furnitures there!

401300_10200582277893302_868206098_n.jpg

First buy! a jackfruit wood table at a steal! $1350 from 2.7k. Pure awesomeness.

15201_10200582278333313_727371216_n.jpg

Nice sofa . the sofa felt right. Color is abit off in the photo, its more towards the ottoman on the left. Bought at $1200

61550_10200582288053556_837903076_n.jpg

Replaced the serta bedframe with this beautiful piece. so grateful, but abit pricy at 2.3k.

More updates soon!

Edited by mrmerry

Updates by Mrs Merry:

ID Andy's rendered images for our kitchen and living room. After staring at these pictures for 2 nights, I'm convinced this is not the look we are looking at. It's neither open or close concept. Very functional kitchen but ugly in visual sense. So yes, I agreed to Mr Merry's request and re-constructed the floor plan with Andy this morning. Let's hope everything be okay!

House+floor+plan.png

Proposed floorpan. Very functional kitchen.

Kitchen+3-1.jpg

View from kitchen entrance

Kitchen+4-1.jpg

View from kitchen wall. It's supposed to be a washing machine and dryer; not 2 washing machines!!

cabinet.jpg

A big book shelf to keep our massive books and reading materials.

Shoe+Rack.JPG

Shoe cabinet next to main entrance.

Edited by mrmerry

More updates from Mrs Merry:

photo+%252810%2529.JPG

Love this reading chair! Great form for reading with our books and kindles. Spotted this an atrium sale at Harley Norman Millenium Walk. Price tag at $899.

photo+%252811%2529.JPG

New tiles arrived at Hafary. Plan to use this as our backsplash tiles. :D

photo+%252812%2529.JPG

Bathroom tiles selection. Undecided between white or grey tiles. Waiting for Mr Merry to agree on his selection.

Updates!

After a interesting twist of events, we finally reverted back to the original open concept kitchen. ( YES )

IMG-20130430-WA0001.jpg

Probably will add a dropping lamp over the table. The table and chair is based on what we already bought!

IMG-20130430-WA0000.jpg

The washer n dryer is now hidden from view behind the partition near the bi-fold doors to the service yard. Now im abit not sure about the wall tiles..

Btw Anyone has any recommendations on a high powered hob, stove and oven, one that won't break the bank?

Updates from Mrs Merry!

It's Happy Labour Day! The day ended late last night at Andy's office again. We were sorting out the materials selection and the new proposed layout. It was quite a struggle as the materials we like are appearing overly woody. (view above post by Mr Merry) Woody cabinets, woody dining table, woody flooring. We were switching with colour plattes and materials. And finally - we agree we must have our white quartz tabletop matching with woody cabinets.

And what we change?

1) The proposed backsplash tiles have to go. It will be wrapped with the same material as our table top quartz. It should look something like the pic below (grabbed online).

photo+%252813%2529.JPG

2) The flooring. We made a drastic change from the left to the right options. To give the house a richer contrast of elements. We're still hesitating if this will be the right choice - as the flooring will be extended to the entire house. Our concerns - will it make the house darker, can we endure the look for the next 10 years? :help:

482426_10200604029157070_358339174_n.jpg

There goes the sensuous flooring we intended..All white cabinets seems a headache for a household that cooks often.

photo+%252814%2529.JPG

Quick update : budget overrun !

Looks like the home threatre set up of 55inch led tv ,Yamaha sound bar and mac mini have to put on hold first ...:(

Edited to omit the costings as the wifey felt uncomfortable.

So the majority of stuff that needs to be in the house are bought, thats one big part down. :jammin::jammin::jammin:

The majority of selection of materials, look and how to do stuff in the house is also done. :jammin::jammin::jammin: pending finer details like wardrobe layout and selection of sanitary fittings.

Now just have to wait for approval for hacking to be approved and FSM to give us the timing to 動土 !

Edited by mrmerry

Hihi! Can totally feel u re budget overrun! Me too! boooo..

But end of day, m sure u two will hv a very lovely home!

Ps. In case u didn't know,you can apply for two loans (can apply one each) so that finances not too tight.. Of coz best to stick within budget ..

Gd luck re ur wedding n reno!