Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrmerry

Qhouse@fernvale 5Rm

Sorry didn't take a photo of the grohe stuff on sale. But the sale lasts till they move which is in 5 weeks time. Just dunno how much stock they have.

Ya I can understand what u mean. Running around looking at all the stuff made me so tired. Must drink lotsa water! I think a fan for the living room is a great idea. If not gotta switch on the aircon all the time. Zzz. Congrats on everything coming together!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks mishy!

Gonna go down with Mrs merry later on today. Just hope that it won't be too crowded on a Sunday though I think the chances at slim lol

Besides the grohe stuff, hoping to find some additional stuff, I'm also eyeing your stool!

Woke up with a aching body from the long day yesterday and today is crazy hot n sunny! But it's a tiring but happy journey so far.

The id went to hoe Kee to source for my preferred stainless steel mixers n stuff but worried bout the quality from the many bad reviews so I'll have to settle from chrome finishing I guess... Sigh.

Practicality n quality have to come before looks..

Thanks mishy!

Gonna go down with Mrs merry later on today. Just hope that it won't be too crowded on a Sunday though I think the chances at slim lol

Besides the grohe stuff, hoping to find some additional stuff, I'm also eyeing your stool!

Woke up with a aching body from the long day yesterday and today is crazy hot n sunny! But it's a tiring but happy journey so far.

The id went to hoe Kee to source for my preferred stainless steel mixers n stuff but worried bout the quality from the many bad reviews so I'll have to settle from chrome finishing I guess... Sigh.

Practicality n quality have to come before looks..

Argh! I just saw this. I think they are not opened on Sundays! I hope you guys didn't go.

We DID went down, lol. but as you would expect it, its not open. But its not a waste as we did a rough recce of the area. Today was another day in the search for the elusive unicorn.

We went to internal affairs ( not opened ! ) Life Story @ marquise building, Lush Lush, Hock Siong ( actually saw the boss ! ), a few random shops in the area, Tangs and Crate & Barrel.
923124_10200697182085835_1429278533_n.pn
Saw Life story shop, impression was all out n out design but not really practical nor is the quality there.
Lush Lush was more of a mixed impression, as i tot some of the stuff there were interesting and the finishing was fairly good. Infact i saw this trio ( going for 240 each due to sale) i really fancy..but wifey dint..vetto it.. :dunno:

971888_10200697193166112_614231454_n.png

Originally wanted to go The Helping Hands next as heard the wood work there was not bad and its for a good cause after all but they dont open on sunday..so next trip i suppose.

5988_10200697192766102_2004817845_n.png

Saw this nice little coffee table as we were walking to the famous Hock Siong in one of the random shop but the wifey dint take a fancy to it again

936157_10200697191686075_1160403476_n.pn

Another one..nice base but the top was too boring...

Finally reached Hock Siong after a long walk on a crazy hot day. But we did managed to see a few interesting shops ( one antique chinese furnishing and one very erm.. com..tempary...with..led..blue..beng..lights..tv..console.... ) Dont ask me why...

Hock Siong was a very interesting place with lotsa treasures if you are lucky. Unfortunately for us, we dint managed to see anything to our fancy so dint managed tao any bao. But to kiv for future huntings.

Next up, Crate and Barrel! It was one of our highly anticipated places as we really liked alot of their stuff the last time we went.</p>

Edited by mrmerry

So we went to walk around Tangs to look at the misc electrical stuff we would need around the house. Rice cooker..boiler.. vacuum... Nothing interesting.. but im happy i managed to solve one issue on my mind. Which was which brand to go for for our cooking stuff. Theres alot of recommendations ard like Zebra for Wok, WMF was another which has good reviews. So on n so forth..

In the end we decided.. ( pending further research )

972098_10200697187125961_1696087611_n.pn

We would just get the whole series. lol. Quality was Green lighted by Mrs Merry and the design looks like i could cook my asian cuisine without any problems. Anyone has any problems with the HappyCall series? or any recommendations?

968906_10200697186445944_43512612_n.png

Saw this beautiful piece of rock which i really loved! hahaa its going into my list..

Next stop was finally Crate and Barrel. The IKEA of US with slightly better quality.

405583_10200697185205913_947163714_n.png

Beautiful right! Plain and simple. Tried carrying/moving it.. it was too bloody heavy! But its..so so.. nice... on the KIV list.

At this point, the house scheme seems to be going towards wood and stone with textures everywhere, very au natural. : D Cant wait for the florals to be in!

481752_10200697185725926_1855007228_n.pn

:notti:

Edited by mrmerry

603418_10200697182725851_1607129233_n.pn

Kiv-ing for the coffee table beside sofa

969714_10200697183845879_1281531981_n.pn

Something to hang our bags when we return home.

Theres alot of nice little nicks and nacks at Crate and Barrel that really caught our attention but we decided to go back to totts to take a better look and compare which ones we really wanted.

What a tiring day! We had dinner at canton-i ( i swear the char siew there is to die for ) and await another day for more shopping!

items still missing : TV console , Bed side tables , Coffee table/ sofa side table

this is indeed very nice, where is Crate and Barrel located ar??

Next stop was finally Crate and Barrel. The IKEA of US with slightly better quality.
Beautiful right! Plain and simple. Tried carrying/moving it.. it was too bloody heavy! But its..so so.. nice... on the KIV list.

Happycall is gd! Most of my gfs and myself r happy call users! :)

So we went to walk around Tangs to look at the misc electrical stuff we would need around the house. Rice cooker..boiler.. vacuum... Nothing interesting.. but im happy i managed to solve one issue on my mind. Which was which brand to go for for our cooking stuff. Theres alot of recommendations ard like Zebra for Wok, WMF was another which has good reviews. So on n so forth..

In the end we decided.. ( pending further research )

972098_10200697187125961_1696087611_n.pn

We would just get the whole series. lol. Quality was Green lighted by Mrs Merry and the design looks like i could cook my asian cuisine without any problems. Anyone has any problems with the HappyCall series? or any recommendations?

968906_10200697186445944_43512612_n.png

Saw this beautiful piece of rock which i really loved! hahaa its going into my list..

At this point, the house scheme seems to be going towards wood and stone with textures everywhere, very au natural. : D Cant wait for the florals to be in!

481752_10200697185725926_1855007228_n.pn

:notti:

this is indeed very nice, where is Crate and Barrel located ar??

It's located at Ion Orchard, Level 3 and 2. Level 3 mainly caters for the large homes. Level 2 - a small set-up meant for HDB dwellers. They are building a multi-level showroom opposite 313 Somerset. It should be ready by Nov 2013; specially cater for HDB dewellers! :D - Mrs Merry

Happycall is gd! Most of my gfs and myself r happy call users! :)

YAY! - Mrs Merry

Love. That. Plant. I WANT!!! Hw much is it??

Eh, I think each items sold separately. Not cheap I would say. Whole set-up would easily set you back by $150. - Mrs Merry.

thanks honey kitty.
lol redder, if my memories doesnt fail me the bell glass is 69. base plate is 19 while the pot should be 19.90. lol dunno bout the actual plant!

Today it finally all begin. Took half day leave to witness n to ensure the 动土 is at the right timing.
A little drama happened but mrs merry was here to save the day.

We went to internal affairs again today determined to find good deals but realised we seemed almost unable to make any decisions without id. So many choices!

There were good deals here n there especially when the grohe there was made in germany n not thailand!
Took the catalouge n decided to leave it to andy to determine if it was worthy to buy there.

Also managed to went to bank to settle the reno loan in the late noon. It was a productive day even its bit short.

Edited by mrmerry

thanks honey kitty.

lol redder, if my memories doesnt fail me the bell glass is 69. base plate is 19 while the pot should be 19.90. lol dunno bout the actual plant!

Today it finally all starts ! Took half day leave to witness n to ensure the 动土 is at the right timing.

a little drama happened but mrs merry was here to save the day.

we went to internal affairs again today determined to find good deals but realised we seemed almost unable to make any decisions without id. So many choices!

And there are good deals here n there especially when the grohe there was made in germany n not thailand!

Took the catalouge n decided to leave it to andy to determine if it was worthy to buy there.

Also managed to went to bank to settle the reno loan.

a productive day even its bit short.

wondering now how often can i stop myself from disturbing them when they are working... lol

Ahhh! U went and found good stuff! Yay! I felt so bad that u went on a Sunday and it was closed. What are you looking to get there other than grohe stuff?