Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrmerry

Qhouse@fernvale 5Rm

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Mr here.

So today was a whole day spent at the new place, hanging out with new neighbours and touring their individual houses. Someone recognised the Qhouse from here! :D

We spend the day doing more thorough checking since we got the advantage of the beautiful sun, and the crazy storm that came suddenly.984060_10200765405351374_15050038_n.jpg

The whole house is now painted including the false ceiling! But the painter told us, after they install our lights they will need to touch up again. but we got a very good feel and close to 90% of how it will look like so thats good. We came in the noon and was surprised to see the painter painting our main gate ( white of course ) as i thought normally the painting of the gate would be the last bit. Got some drinks for him as its quite a hot day and u know. always make sure the ppl fixing your house are happy lol.

Some good and bad stuff. Firstly, we couldn't find much defect, but again maybe the main carpentry are not up so theres nothing to comment on except the erected walls and painting, trunking and toilet.

249165_10200765407031416_1457279375_n.jp578126_10200765409151469_916574234_n.jpg

The box up for the tv wall is up with a very nicely done up outlet that im quite happy with and how its layout. The erected wall for the washer n dryer stack up looks good too except for some unsmooth-ness at the back which andy feedback he wil take a look at it. Its actually only obvious after the paintwork was done, to be fair to him.

7172_10200765402511303_1463523274_n.jpg

The BAD. Trunking done for the air-con was abit crooked, and the casement was not very well-done enough.

Edited by mrmerry

182993_10200765403831336_765902829_n.jpg

This is supposed to be hidden behind the ceiling to floor bookshelf ( power for the dry box ) but ...even if its hidden..i dont think i can accept this.

969046_10200765401351274_1145490510_n.jp

Luckily there was a sudden outpour of rain. ( it was a beautiful sight! The beauty of nature ), we realised that the rain will actually flood the service yard and some of the water will seep into the kitchen. Actually i was fine with the service yard being roughen by the rain but if the water is gonna seep in, it might affect the vinyl tiles we are doing and that is a big nono. I really loved the unblocked view from the service yard and would really HATE to install windows there as the frame and panels are just.. ugly to me. Luckily Andy who seemed to know my mind when the Mrs msged him about this proposed a outdoor binds that will hook onto the serviceyard walls should there be thunder storms to keep out the rain. :yeah: SO HAPPY! haha so now its another new item to buy =(

581983_10200765403111318_196420465_n.jpg

Quite happy with how the gas pipping runs. So neat and tidy! Even though im not gonna see it , ill always know it. It will be covered by the carpentry later on in the process.

8740_10200765401871287_527835911_n.jpg

To be frank, it dint feel like there is much progress going on just looking at the pictures, but every single time im there, i know details are being fine tuned. Items being installed. Ironing out the knicks and knacks.

So the schedule according to Andy is:

Monday: open up holes for light in the false ceiling

Tuesday: Wash up

Wednesday + Thursday : installing of flooring

Friday: Maybe installing carpentry

But one of the Toto basins is out of stock at the moment! We have not chosen the Kitchen sink yet! Really hope we can get it in time from the developer friend and not have to rush down to jalan besar to get one off the rack again -_-

This is marvellous progressing speed, i think Andy is trying to get it done for us before our big day in late June. But some of the goods are not ready!

Lol nevertheless, some happy stuff.

We decided to get a citrus juicer first since we ( ME ) wanted to juice some lemon for sliming drinks and it was the GSS anyway so we got this!

969578_10200765396911163_713791978_n.jpg

hahaha will use it tomorrow!

We also took out what the Mrs bought on her study trip to the states previously to remind ourselves what we have!

946695_10200765400711258_1433199319_n.jp10454_10200765399831236_2084903862_n.jpg

The sanitary accessories are standard bamboo with porcelain , loving them. And we forgot about the shower curtains!!!! they are so nice but the way we did our toilets...seems like its not possible or redundant to use them now.

960233_10200765398311198_389326877_n.jpg

Another pure 100% cotton, for easy throw into the washer !

It was a eventful and yet peaceful day. We went around other places, including the nosy neighbour's house, made some new friends and spend a good amount of time in our place after everything just sitting there on the painter's bench with a plastic over it, enjoying the tranquility and breeze in our house, flooded by the gentle natural light.

It was a wonderful feeling and im beginning to connect with my Q house, home of the merries.

Edited by mrmerry

Hehe Thanks Alot! i also think so, asking a friend of the Mrs to get another set from the states while he is there for the common bathroom.

In the meanwhile.. even though its not really related to house reno... but erm some of the items will be used in the house so...

947109_10200770469877984_1940328492_n.jp

JENG JENG JENG. OK so we are also getting married at the same time..we realised not alot of the items we are getting can be reused :curse:

But luckily some can be used in the new house and also an extension of our Xi qi marriage! The basket can be used to hold fruits i supposed.

The sewing kit,red trays n plates can be used (CNY???) and our beautiful teapot!

852_10200770470518000_1595688730_n.jpg

Love the phoenix design..now im wondering if there is a dragon one to do a matching set... Taobao search maybe?

And one last item i know tt can be reused.

181232_10200770409476474_1470363014_n.jp

My beautiful diy 床頭燈phillips led版!

updates from mrs merry:

we're are just blessed to meet nice & efficient people!

1. Finally we can get the kitchen sink, kitchen mixer, WC and shower sets settled by our developer's friend. Delivery by Friday *cross fingers*
  2. Andy called up to check what rectifications to be done after our weekend checks. He asked us to deliver the hob, hood and oven by this week and be around to receive the goods for us. So happy! The carpentry maybe will go up this Friday or next week. He targets to finish by 19 June; before our wedding day. Very touched! Even our neighbour also compliment Andy's work. Hee!
  3. Outdoor blinds. Andy asked us to go select our outdoor blinds. It's gonna costs us $450 per set. Let's hope this $$$ can save the yard from being flooded whenever a "typhoon" hits us. I'm just thinking how to survive through year end monsoon season..

Quick update!

Doing flooring today! Mrs Merry dint managed to get a good picture as they were laying but im so totally loving the rustic textures!

d.jpg

Thanks thanks nope it's vinyl tiles! It looks better than how I imagined it actually

update: Paisheh Mrs merry let me know we are doing HERF , laminate. What will I do without her ?

Edited by mrmerry

heh. the missus is always right.

is it from evorich? the flooring really give your place character!

Edited by greglhc

heh. the missus is always right.

is it from evorich? the flooring is really give your place character!

Greglhc, we have no idea on the brand. It was provided by our ID and he gave us 2 options to choose only. View earlier posts. - Mrs Merry

Edited by mrmerry