Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrmerry

Qhouse@fernvale 5Rm

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

HI Macuser77, not really going for brand la.. just wanna get something that i wouldnt nor should have to worry about quality, thats all. Abit of renovation fatigue.

Ok Day 5 update. Finally something not on our consumerism and on the actual renovations!

So today, the id called the wifey:

Andy: eh 你今天可以買哪個service yard sink 先嗎。

Wife: actually waiting for the friend to get back to us on quotation on the rest of the stuff lae.

Andy: but 其實我滿需要那個先lae.可以的話還想你們買下來。。。今天可以做那個了finish wet works.還有順便選那個storage tank先還錢。我禮拜一拿下去。

Wife: ..okok i 去看看。

ok we were originally gonna go down to take a look as well so it wasnt much of a detour. But we went down to jalan besar hawker to have our brunch first.

The 砂鍋飯, fried kuay tiao and poh piah is :good::good::good: .

So we got a joven 25L storage tank, the stainless steel sink for the service yard and a random tap for it since we were there. Because everything has been going smoothy so far we dint even bothered checking the condition of the sink and tap and we just took a cab down WITH THE TANK . :jawdrop: Now its at the back of our mind for the condition of the sink n taps while we wait for Andy to check for us when hes there.

Anyway updates!

970072_10200727194636130_551031049_n.jpg

Flooring was cement secreted and they are smoothening out the walls at the kitchen area now.

485515_10200727195356148_675465173_n.jpg

The uncle serious at work and we felt like we were disturbing them. The cement base that we insisted on for the kitchen cabinets by the 2 walls and the island. Upon second considerations.. they will be covered by the wood so kinda defeats the purpose of them..

25.jpg

The kitchen Sink by the window and that little space beside it for a beautiful plant.

485625_10200727193396099_1753110718_n.jp261688_10200727193836110_171861655_n.jpg

The toilets pending the also beige stone textured tiles on the floor walls! my benches looking good heh.

Next week will be the installation of gas, lights, curtains, air conditioning and most probably the floors as well... At this rate.. i think ill see a substantial difference nxt week!

Edited by mrmerry

HI Macuser77, not really going for brand la.. just wanna get something that i wouldnt nor should have to worry about quality, thats all. Abit of renovation fatigue.

Ok Day 5 update. Finally something not on our consumerism and on the actual renovations!

So today, the id called the wifey:

Andy: eh 你今天可以買哪個service yard sink 先嗎。

Wife: actually waiting for the friend to get back to us on quotation on the rest of the stuff lae.

Andy: but 其實我滿需要那個先lae.可以的話還想你們買下來。。。今天可以做那個了finish wet works.還有順便選那個storage tank先還錢。我禮拜一拿下去。

Wife: ..okok i 去看看。

ok we were originally gonna go down to take a look as well so it wasnt much of a detour. But we went down to jalan besar hawker to have our brunch first.

The 砂鍋飯, fried kuay tiao and poh piah is :good::good::good: .

So we got a joven 25L storage tank, the stainless steel sink for the service yard and a random tap for it since we were there. Because everything has been going smoothy so far we dint even bothered checking the condition of the sink and tap and we just took a cab down WITH THE TANK . :jawdrop: Now its at the back of our mind for the condition of the sink n taps while we wait for Andy to check for us when hes there.

Anyway updates!

970072_10200727194636130_551031049_n.jpg

Flooring was cement secreted and they are smoothening out the walls at the kitchen area now.

485515_10200727195356148_675465173_n.jpg

The uncle serious at work and we felt like we were disturbing them. The cement base that we insisted on for the kitchen cabinets by the 2 walls and the island. Upon second considerations.. they will be covered by the wood so kinda defeats the purpose of them..

25.jpg

The kitchen Sink by the window and that little space beside it for a beautiful plant.

485625_10200727193396099_1753110718_n.jp261688_10200727193836110_171861655_n.jpg

The toilets pending the also beige stone textured tiles on the floor walls! my benches looking good heh.

Next week will be the installation of gas, lights, curtains, air conditioning and most probably the floors as well... At this rate.. i think ill see a substantial difference nxt week!

Hi MrMerry.

Why got bench 1 ??? You want a gym or swimming pool changing room is it ??

hahaha actually is cause i can sit down to shower and just enjoy the hot shower. Can imagine? one word, SHIOK .

Also practically can just put our shower stuff there also and reduce the need for those corner shelving units which i really don't like.

Plus NEXT TIME GOT CHILDREN CAN LET THEM SIT THERE AND SHOWER :D A lot of excuses for a lazy man lol.

Edited by mrmerry

Agree.. but for non bto, can knock down become one super big toilet! bathtub , bench, spa..... THE WORKS!

BTO can only aim the common toilet..but even then also puny.. :curse:

It will be nice to fit in a bathtub! Saw this gorgeous round bamboo bathtub with seat inside (those we see in the old martial arts movies-so classic!)

hahaha actually is cause i can sit down to shower and just enjoy the hot shower. Can imagine? one word, SHIOK .

Also practically can just put our shower stuff there also and reduce the need for those corner shelving units which i really don't like.

Plus NEXT TIME GOT CHILDREN CAN LET THEM SIT THERE AND SHOWER :D A lot of excuses for a lazy man lol.

Hmm, it'll be like sitting under a hot waterfall. Shiok

Sorry for the multiple posts due to limitation of the images that can be uploaded.. -_-

Some luxury items we also Kiv-ing ..

Do i need such a expensive vaccum cleaner? ( im a broomstick guy so .... its a big change for me )

400833_10200723006931440_1124338250_n.jp

You need coffee first before u can do coffee blendies... :D

400717_10200723006491429_1777598170_n.jp

And my favourite find of the day. The orginal slow cooker!

401884_10200723004571381_2011430498_n.jp

With all these items , the whole house scheme should be taking a stronger shape now. My original idea was a very basic wood and white base, followed by colorful items to slowly build upon. It seems to be working along fine now. The base color of my reno so far is mainly wood and white. Though i would have prefered more white but practicality won over alot of choices. Never the less it is still a solid base for me to add upon colours and Mrs Merry & My own personality imprint onto our house.

400717_10200723018371726_1611050732_n.jp

Colorful and rustic plates n bowls we are loving and tempted to add into our house palate!

A quick update on the house: so far seems to be progressing fine. ID told us pending carpentry, in fact a lot of the stuff are almost ok by next week. We will be going to drop by tomorrow to take a look so hopping to see the home forming shape and character. We trust our id a lot to leave it up to him to handle and he has been very prompt to check with us if any issues arises from his contractor. Will update on progress tomorrow!

In the meantime i need to focus on the wedding coming in less than a month! Spending so much time on the house, we have neglected the wedding!

Mrmerry....where is this place for he colorful and rusty plates and bowls....is exactly what i want ~~