Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrmerry

Qhouse@fernvale 5Rm

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

RnJ > actually our carpentry was arranged by our Id we dint get any quotations from any others hence unable to know if it's expensive comparatively but personally I think it's blood expensive -_-

Yup most likely will stick to quartz since marble n solid tops seem to be problematic from what I've read.... It's just a matter of getting that elusive right one that goes well with everything and for Mrs and Mr merry to like it. Lol.

Just read some threads on ppl who had trouble with furniture delivered from this store fcc? Now I'm abit paranoid about my table chair sofa and bed frame which I paid in full for already. ...

Anyway since I can't seem to sleep tonight, highly recommend for wip and ppl just starting out to also check out the post renovations forums here so we can stand on the shoulders of giants and harness their experience!

Updates from Mrs Merry!

It's Happy Labour Day! The day ended late last night at Andy's office again. We were sorting out the materials selection and the new proposed layout. It was quite a struggle as the materials we like are appearing overly woody. (view above post by Mr Merry) Woody cabinets, woody dining table, woody flooring. We were switching with colour plattes and materials. And finally - we agree we must have our white quartz tabletop matching with woody cabinets.

And what we change?

1) The proposed backsplash tiles have to go. It will be wrapped with the same material as our table top quartz. It should look something like the pic below (grabbed online).

photo+%252813%2529.JPG

2) The flooring. We made a drastic change from the left to the right options. To give the house a richer contrast of elements. We're still hesitating if this will be the right choice - as the flooring will be extended to the entire house. Our concerns - will it make the house darker, can we endure the look for the next 10 years? :help:

482426_10200604029157070_358339174_n.jpg

There goes the sensuous flooring we intended..All white cabinets seems a headache for a household that cooks often.

photo+%252814%2529.JPG

Hey guys,

Could I ask if your flooring selection is vinyl?HERF?

Hey guys,

Could I ask if your flooring selection is vinyl?HERF?

Hi Parasaint,

It's vinyl flooring that has 4mm thickness with zip and lock system. Hope it helps! - mrs merry!

Updates by Mrs Merry:

Someone enquires about the type of quartz we are using. I did a quick research and found this site : http://www.terrafirmasurfaces.com/kitchen-bathroom-countertops

It explains the major brands of quartz tabletop. Ours is HanStone - Aspen. However, we might change to tranquillity (new!!); given that fact that it really looks brighter and almost lookalike like marble! :notti:

As for Silestone, it basically has an additional anti-micro bacterial protection in each slab - that makes cleaning easier. But to what extent? I really don't know.

Oh, I also added Andy's contacts in our signature; thus anyone who needs his contact, can call him up easily. So far, he has been very prompt in replies and assist us in renovation plans - Our reno works start only on coming Monday; will feedback more once things are moving!

Edited by mrmerry

Mr merry here.

Revised elevation plans just came in. Looking like everything is coming along well. Dint get my bathtub but I got a concrete bench to sit down while showering and can wash my feet easily !

Gonna get the fittings this sat ! More decisions to make !

can't wait for Monday to come faster so my official hacking can come !

Mr merry here.

Revised elevation plans just came in. Looking like everything is coming along well. Dint get my bathtub but I got a concrete bench to sit down while showering and can wash my feet easily !

Gonna get the fittings this sat ! More decisions to make !

can't wait for Monday to come faster so my official hacking can come !

We also gave up the bathtub idea. And we don't have a bench to sit on.. hmmm.. what fittings are you gonna get on sat? So exciting. Take lots of pictures of the actual hacking. :notti:

Oh we used silestone for our bathroom vanity. We wanted to get something else because the price of silestone is abit prohibitive to me, but my ID said that in Singapore, silestone is one of the few brands that bring in matt blacks. So we kinda had no other choice. :(

hi mishy

o wow matt black.good choice !

instead of calling it a bench its more of just a piece of concrete attached to the wall. its kinda ridiculous actually when u see how tiny my bathroom is ... but im hopping it turns out alright... fingers crossed.

sat going to find shower heads , wc, taps and such !abit excited actually. waiting for actual hacking n reno is tiring !but as the actual hacking date approaches it reminds me to make sure all decisions n choices need to be made n ready.

post the buys on sat !

Edited by mrmerry

Hey shopping is a good way to pass time as you wait for all the hacking and renovation action to start... Enjoy!

hi mishy

o wow matt black.good choice !

instead of calling it a bench its more of just a piece of concrete attached to the wall. its kinda ridiculous actually when u see how tiny my bathroom is ... but im hopping it turns out alright... fingers crossed.

sat going to find shower heads , wc, taps and such !abit excited actually. waiting for actual hacking n reno is tiring !but as the actual hacking date approaches it reminds me to make sure all decisions n choices need to be made n ready.

post the buys on sat !

Cool! If you have time, can check out Internal Affairs, they are having a sale on display items, not sure if shower heads are included. I know WCs and kitchen stuff are. Wan Tai is one of my favs for bathroom items. Where do you intend to go?

No idea . Id bringing us down to look look see ser n buy

I went to Internal Affairs today. They have Grohe stuff on sale! Shower heads, wall unions, etc. Quite cheap. HTB is beating himself up because we already bought. The stuff is just all laid out on some tables and then there're price lists, so you just find yourself. Like shopping for clothes!

: O !!!

Any photos or do u remember the range?

We were running ard at jalan besar, SXJ, TOTO and tanjong katong today looking at Curtains, mixers, kitchen sinks, porcelain sinks, taps, shower heads and Wcs. What a tiring day!

But it seems like its all coming together well. As we overspent earlier on our electrical stuff, we are trying to restrict ourselves today to the allocated planned budget. Its a crazy numbers game.

Saw the new 3d drawings of the bathroom and revised kitchen, they look absolutely :notti: to me. Totally i hearts. So happy its coming together well! its a little small piece of heaven i can call home after work everyday in the near future. Monday start hacking, the renovation will finally commences! Took half day just to be there to ensure the workers start hacking only at the allocated time FSM given.

Finally decided to give in to common sense and install a ceiling fan in the living room, another cost.. though frankly im still not 100%sold on it, but its a good incase..seeing how terrible the weather has been.

So 1 and half day more till it all starts transforming! :jammin::jammin::jammin: