Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrmerry

Qhouse@fernvale 5Rm

Hi!

Thought u guys got toto toilet bowls? Anyway you're right about the limit on the flush set in our toilet bowls. If I remember it's 4.5 litres for full flush and 3 litres for half flush. Have heard some plumbers can remove this limit thing...but then again its illegal la.

As for water pressure in showers, the water pressure for HDB flats are not as strong.

No la, by the time we reached sanitary stuff, funds were getting lower n lower. so we went for MDM ( half the toto prices for similar design! ), also from the developer friend. Its a one piece design without much groves so for easy cleaning :D lazy me...

IMAG0896+%25281%2529.jpg

anyway will be seeing how to zhng the water pressure.. can just take out the rubber inside the hansgrohe shower heads :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ok some updates from yesterday!

IMAG0970_1.jpg

pardon the open fridge in the background was airing it after wiping it down. lol

as itouched the edge there was a slight chip, so they came down n polish/sand it down and all is well again... or so i tot..

IMAG0974_1.jpg

Silly me only saw this after they left.

IMAG0973_1.jpg

Silicon not sealed proper at one corner.. later ants build nest there how?????

IMAG0972_1+copy.jpg

This is AFTER they polished the stone. Its actually at the joining part as the whole piece of quartz cant fit into the lift so they had to cut it into 2 pieces and rejoin them back at the house. Good job on the seamless lines ( u have to be eagle eyed to see it ) but abit of let down on the repolishing part. Tried to smoke thru saying its normal...even showed me a picture of worse situation from another customer but in the end.. they came up again after a call to andy to do it and majority is gone! but i missed out this part! ARGH negligence on my part.

Part 2 of yesterday's updates. AV SETUP

IMAG0969_1+copy.jpg

With the funds running low and other priorities outstanding, we couldn't afford to get the mac mini and yamaha sound bar yet, so i tot of using my existing ps3 to be the media centre budden :~ i brought it there and realised its spoilt!!!

Any experts here know how to fix? when i turn on it flashes green light then yellow then back to red again =(

So i bought me a mini display to hdmi... everything will have to run using my mac book pro for the time being...

THEN i realised.. i forgot to order my starhub cable tv!!!!! OH MY DISCOVERY HD !!! Analog tv sucks to max.

ive got a question, not sure if anyone can help with this.

Since im getting my republic, i know theres a teleport function whereby i can have vpn like in US n such. hence i would be able to watch netflix hulu n such..( as advertised on myrepublic la ) do i need a separate subscription for that? If so is there any documentary HD channels also?

Edited: ok i do need another paid subscription to it.. but do they accept singapore credit cards?

if there is , it means i can totally forgo star hub tv all together! i mean i only watch local channels on national day.. lol.

That being said.. we went shopping again!

IMAG0984+copy.jpg

More Pots from Happy Call! with these and the sauce pan + maggie mee pot yesterday, we should be set. ( : ( Mrs Merry did not veto my Chinese Wok... SIGH )

Kitchen Inventory check:

1. Assorted WMF and HappyCall Pots and pans

2. Henckels Set of 3 all purpose knife

3. Global cleaver ( Gift from my BFF )

4. cutlery (wmf )

Pending to buy:

1. Air pot

2. rice cooker

3. kettle

4. White standing fan

5. Chopping board, plates, bowls , chopsticks and porcelain spoons

6. Throw for sofa ( for guests.. )

Seems like a trip to Best Denki/Courts, Tangs/Totts and ikea is due!

Oh yes.. forgot to add... i jumped on the taobao wagon!

Screen+Shot+2013-06-28+at+1.03.32+PM.png

Edited by mrmerry

@macuser77

Yeah its called Teleport, just wondering to subscribe to netflix anot. Since technically what i want from cable is HD documentary as all the rest are just a torrent away...

Well, you can go with StrongVPN as well, I realized that VQ VPN is not that great since it is not fully cover over all the US/UK sites, and pricing is more ex than Strong VPN which can cost like USD55 per year...

Any idea on how the MR's teleport works?

@macuser77

Yeah its called Teleport, just wondering to subscribe to netflix anot. Since technically what i want from cable is HD documentary as all the rest are just a torrent away...

I was contemplating to subscribe to netflix too. But in the end, I think I'll just get StarHub cable (pray for the inclusion of English Premier League) and the rest will be via torrent, as usual :P

I know what u mean ... if there's torrent n fiber ... There'd no need for Netflix also !

But starhub gives me hd world cup ! .. how

Was told by a Singtel rep that even if we get Starhub, we will still need to pay Singtel or smth like tht bcoz it's some cross-carrier thing. Didn't get what he was trying to say.. Was in a rush.

Oh.. you mean the BPL thingy? Yes, some charges will still goes to SingTel since they are the one who got the rights. But I am not sure how it will work since they have not come up with anything yet (with StarHub) - SingTel still contesting against the ruling.

I am hoping it will be worked out soon. I want to cancel my MIO!!! So many gadgets at home, and MIO is just for BPL!!!

Hey Mr and Mrs Merry!

Great work on the house and very fast progress!! Can't wait to see more pics :)

Could you share the colour of the lights used? Really like the warm lights yet not too warm!!

Guess what. The Carpentry are up! ( sorta ) lol.

601931_10200814677263141_2046142439_n.jp

We left the house very merry ppl. hahah

Updates by mrs merry:

Pardon our slow reply as wifi not yet available in the new house yet. And we have busy unpacking the house - fatigue slowly seeping in. Urgh! All clothes yet to be unpacked. Still living within our suitcases. Haha

For the lights, perhaps you can call them to enquire? http://www.aeonlighting.com/en/index.aspx

From what I know, we are amongst the first few households to installed the lights. And we really love how the color temperature it spread within our home. Till now, we have gotten the reality sink in that's its our home and not a weekend pretty apartment.

As I typed, gentle breezes flowing in; easing my anxiety on financials as we build up the home. Beautiful homes and dream doesn't come cheap, but it's possible. :D

Eh! Mobile version doesn't allow me to edit!! Or maybe I dunno how. Lol!

I had meant that the reality have NOT sink within us that this is our home yet.

Totally agreed that this is our home and not a pretty weekend apartment. It sure takes a lot of work and discipline to maintain it. Housework is a killer right? Later still have to iron clothes and tomorrow, vacuum & mop the whole house. And wash toilets :( so siong!

Updates by mrs merry:

Makanology- tell me about it...

Our estate is like ever building new BTOs. The floor still feel very dusty after each day. I have one right opposite our master bedroom and plenty (like at least 10) viewable from our yard. Hai..

Lucky mr merry is more efficient in unpacking and setting the house in order. :) Next is accessorize the home and setting the rhyme - cleaning, ironing, washing, vaccumming, mopping and many more. Even glass window panels are all not cleaned yet execept living room. Lol

Tmr is the start of another work week. It will be another new experience. Be blessed that we are healthy individuals where we can labour for our home. A great Sunday everyone! :D